Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally jumped in and signed up for the Vol Club with Jalin Hyatt’s link. These 5 days (and going) of euphoria from beating Saban and the gumps is worth every bit of $25 a month for me to pitch in a little bit and help this thing keep rolling!!

I also joint up. Heup and the Gang got me having all the excites. Now bring us the cruits!!

Unrelated...any of you morans know much about mechanics?

My 2009 Ford Escape (the one I want to trade in...but also may just try to fix) has the weirdest issue going on. The battery which is less than 3 months old (could be a lemon, gonna have a few auto parts stores test it and see what they say) will just straight up not have enough juice to start the car. But when I put a volt meter on it reads at 12v and when the car is running reads at 14v (so I am assuming the alternator is working as expected).

But this morning I jumped off, let it warm up in the driveway for a good 10-15 minutes (long enough to heat the frost off windows). Then I drive it about half an hour on the way to work, stop at a gas station to grab a drink and fill up. Turn it off and go in, no lights left on or anything. Come back out and fill up, get in the car to crank it over, put the key in and prime the fuel pump everything working as expected (lights come on dash as normal, hear the fuel pump etc.) then I turn from "on" to "start" and everything goes off and it acts like it's dead. Cycled the key a few times and still nothing. Toss the jump box on and it fires right up, drive to work without issue.

I really don't think it's the battery but I also don't know what else I can check at this point. Could the ignition be going out or something?
Sounds like a loose cable on the battery or a loose ground. Just a guess. Also, google the issue with year and model to see if it is a common one.

I also joint up. Heup and the Gang got me having all the excites. Now bring us the cruits!!

bobmarley_5csfb4zh.gif

I am leaning alternator...it's at 140k miles and I don't think it's ever been replaced, but then I'm also not sure since the volt meter reads like the alternator is charging when it's running. Starter I'd think it'd still try to crank but just wouldn't engage. And I'd think a bad starter wouldn't fire off when jumped off?
If your voltage is consistently above 14 while running, your alternator is charging

Assuming Hooker continues to play at his current ypg average at 302 through the next 7 games minimum (including post season), he will finish with 6,881 yards which is good for 6th all time at UT.

For comparison, JG is currently 7th, which took 5 seasons to accomplish.
think about that for just this season....figure rushing and passing totals...he'd wind up somewhere around 4700 total yards, 40 total td's and 2-3 int's? that's stoopid.

A battery can read 12V, should be closer to 13V when fully charged. I would definitely have the battery checked. I don't think it's your alternator since you said the voltage is 14V when running. My guess would be a loose connection at the battery terminal or somewhere between the battery and where the cables hook up.
My experience says 12.8

Reactions: InVOLuntary
seems low i think. i'm sure UK will score some points. but that offense isn't the juggernaut that won't punt or possibly turn it over, so unless we just crap our pants, i could see us getting 3+ more possessions than them, and at that point, we should definitely cover, i would think? add a score to us and take one way from them? 38-20ish type game?

UK is also the worst OL in the conference outside of Vandy. Vols D has the highest pressure rate in the conference also.

Luckily for Bama they have a ninja at QB and that dude got himself out of trouble the entire game. Could have been sacked about 5 more times pretty easily. Nobody else we play can do that. Kid is incredible.

think about that for just this season....figure rushing and passing totals...he'd wind up somewhere around 4700 total yards, 40 total td's and 2-3 int's? that's stoopid.

4700 yards total would be good for 5th all time in the SEC behind Bryce, Manziel 2x and Joe Burrow.

Decent company, I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back