Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t want to start a new thread but do we know who’s running through the T (seniors) for the last time on Saturday

The obvious ones (cause no eligibility left) are:

Hendon Hooker
Cedric Tillman
Juwan Mitchell
LaTrell Bumphus
Chase McGrath
Trevon Flowers
Princeton Fant
Paxton Brooks
Jerome Carvin
Jeremy Banks (I think he technically has 1 year left, but doubt he uses it)

Darnell Wright, has 1 year left but is likely gone for the draft.

The obvious ones (cause no eligibility left) are:

Hendon Hooker
Cedric Tillman
Juwan Mitchell
LaTrell Bumphus
Chase McGrath
Trevon Flowers
Princeton Fant
Paxton Brooks
Jerome Carvin
Jeremy Banks (I think he technically has 1 year left, but doubt he uses it)

Darnell Wright, has 1 year left but is likely gone for the draft.
AP said Mitchell has another year left

FOMO is how bubbles get made. NIL is definitely a bubble. And it's gonna pop when teams like TAMU and Miami spend 100 million dollars for **** all.

I'll believe you can give 7 figure guaranteed contracts to a bunch of 18 year olds and expect them to put in a championship culture when I see it.

You keep changing what is being discussed but the outlier is really on the teams that have done that…. It’s 3 teams…. Georgia, Alabama, and Ohio state…. Yes that is what we need to strive to be… you don’t go from being a complete dysfunctional mess…. 3 win football team… without a good recruiting base…. To recruiting like those three teams over night.

Recruiting needs to be individualized by player…. Do I want 5 star/high 4 star players…. Yes, but I don’t want us to take them strictly bc of their rating… we need a few star players….solid depth throughout our roster and very few misses.

Clemson is a team we need to follow on our trend to greatness… they were ranked 11,9, 15, and 14 before their first title… Auburn had similar recruiting rankings before their National Championship…. The Key to Alabama, Georgia, and Ohio state is that they are the best recruiters… great coaches… and great at developing players. I don’t know why everyone keeps freaking out….. we are WAY ahead of schedule…. ENJOY it!!!!
I am enjoying it and not freaking out but you are saying "they were ranked 11,9, 15, and 14 before their first title". How do you get to that? 4 & 5 stars players not a bunch of 3 stars. I am not complaining about who our recruits are, I get excited for anyone wanting to play at Tennessee. It's just facts that we need high level players in the turnover of the roster. Not sure why this is so hard to understand.

Reactions: VolNash17
I am enjoying it and not freaking out but you are saying "they were ranked 11,9, 15, and 14 before their first title". How do you get to that? 4 & 5 stars players not a bunch of 3 stars. I am not complaining about who our recruits are, I get excited for anyone wanting to play at Tennessee. It's just facts that we need high level players in the turnover of the roster. Not sure why this is so hard to understand.
I was talking recruiting rankings…. We are 11th right now which would be the second highest rated class Clemson had before they won the national championship.

How much are you willing to spend on 1 kid who isn't a QB? Let's say, for argument's sake, that FM wanted 3 mil. Would you give that to him when you have a whole roster to put together? Or say you give FM 3 mil, and then Ramil hears about that, and Ramil wants 3 mil also. And then Herring sees that, and he wants 3 mil. And then Seldon's like, hey man, what gives, I'm worth at least 2. What do you do?
If that’s what sunbelt Billy is doing then I’d imagine he can expect a meltdown like jimbo is having. Stop worrying about the gators, they are currently our bitches.

2022 247 Team Talent Composite.

We're 19th, 2 5 stars and 24 4 stars an average of 87.72 and total of 764.84.

So there are a few "steps" to this list...top 5 are the only ones currently over 900 total points. Bama, Georgia, Ohio State, A&M, Clemson.

6th to 16th are all above 800 total points

17th to 33rd are all above 700 total points

Ideally we wanna see us get into that next tier group with 800 total points. Our current 23 class has 264.39 points and is 11th overall, so depending on what we lose/how much we could gain the 40ish points pretty easily.

I was meaning recruiting rankings….. Tennessee is ranked 11th right now…. Clemson only had one class ranked higher than us in the four years leading up to their national championship.

Steady rain in Knoxville all day today. I wonder of they cover the field with a tarp or something? Maybe they're confident in the field design to run off the water.

I honestly think a wet field benefits us at home. Their defense is going to be trying to line up while we're snapping the ball, they'll be slipping and sliding trying to get in place or catch up to where they think our receivers will be. Just in time for Hyatt to blow past them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back