Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Northwestern was pursuing a player's union...that or NIL will sort of fade out a bit. Because honestly unless the schools/conferences are directly involved (since they are the ones benefiting and making real profits) the fans/donors will eventually see it as a poor investment and spend less to be involved.
I like it the way it is. Free market, free economy. Let’s not get the government (the schools) involved. Regulation sounds nice when you’re losing, but it rarely turns out what you really wanted

Remember when Northwestern was pursuing a player's union...that or NIL will sort of fade out a bit. Because honestly unless the schools/conferences are directly involved (since they are the ones benefiting and making real profits) the fans/donors will eventually see it as a poor investment and spend less to be involved.
Still got a feeling that the players will unionize sometime down the road............

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Last year you could tell that the coaching from Heupel and his staff made a big difference in the performance of the team from the prior season. Can you tell from the way Florida has played this season that Napier's staff has had a positive effect? They don't seem to be better. They haven't quit on the season yet, so I guess that's a plus. I'm not seeing anything that reflects them making big improvements on their record next season.

New coaches tend to get a boost in recruiting. Add in the NIL money they're starting to throw around, and you can see why their class is going to be good. On the other hand, they'll have to stack more classes like this together for them to really turn it around and that's going to require Napier coaching them up and proving himself next season. I'm not sold that it will happen.

Yeah they've lost 2 of their last 3 and the win was over an A&M team that has without a doubt quit on their season/Jimbo.

Them hosting South Carolina will be a good test. The Gamecocks need the win and will not be a team disinterested like A&M was.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Will Levis is going #1 in every draft. . . MLB? #1 NBA? #1 WNBA? #1 NFL? #1 EPL? #1 Australian Football League? #1 Russian Hockey, KHL? #1 CFL? #1 Global T20? #1 MLC (Major League Cricket)? #1 Major League Lacrosse? #1 WWE? #1 PSL (Pakistan Super League)? #1 PBA (Phillipine Basketball Association)? #1 DN? #1

whatsup-smash.gif

RIP............

Will Levis is going #1 in every draft. . . MLB? #1 NBA? #1 WNBA? #1 NFL? #1 EPL? #1 Australian Football League? #1 Russian Hockey, KHL? #1 CFL? #1 Global T20? #1 MLC (Major League Cricket)? #1 Major League Lacrosse? #1 WWE? #1 PSL (Pakistan Super League)? #1 PBA (Phillipine Basketball Association)? #1 DN? #1
Nope!

Top 10 pick in the XFL draft........:eek:

If you all don't listen to Josh Pate, do yourself a favor and start following him on YouTube or his podcasts. He is fantastic

Pate mentioned recently about the insanity that is about to ensue with the transfer portal. Coaches have personally told him they will lose 40% of the roster to grads and transfers. They've said it will be unlike anything college ball has ever seen.

Expect Tennessee to be on the receiving end of this chaos. We will eat.

Yeah they've lost 2 of their last 3 and the win was over an A&M team that has without a doubt quit on their season/Jimbo.

Them hosting South Carolina will be a good test. The Gamecocks need the win and will not be a team disinterested like A&M was.

I’m pulling for the Cock Commanders in that one. Another win and maybe they will be ranked going into next weekend and that’ll give us another ranked win. Plus it’s UF.. I will ALWAYS wish that UF loses.

And I’d wager none of the same SUSPICIOUS lot predicted said “one off”. Because it’s mere existence smacks against their logic. There was no infusion of 5 star or high 4 star talent. We supposedly failed in the Portal Olympics cept for an overrated, out of shape disgraced former 5 star who’s a big downgrade from Javonta Payton. OL was crap last season and lost it’s only viable talent in Cade Mays. Left with HH who couldn’t step up against the big boys and that former 2 star WR who should’ve cashed out that ONE-OFF season in the NFL. Who’s left? That butterfingers midget who never met a sideline he didn’t want to run out of? Try to sell me that there’s a culture and development of talent that trumps online egghead mama boys rankings of players that Bama, UGA and tOSU have offered. 😏
That first statement is not really fair...no one with any sense seriously predicted or even could have predicted this season. I have never seen anything like this..."logically" it should not even be happening...yet it is.

Reactions: VolNash17
Pate mentioned recently about the insanity that is about to ensue with the transfer portal. Coaches have personally told him they will lose 40% of the roster to grads and transfers. They've said it will be unlike anything college ball has ever seen.

Expect Tennessee to be on the receiving end of this chaos. We will eat.
Winter of the Vols incoming

I’m pulling for the Cock Commanders in that one. Another win and maybe they will be ranked going into next weekend and that’ll give us another ranked win. Plus it’s UF.. I will ALWAYS wish that UF loses.

Yep I think them being 7-3 and top 25 will benefit us more than Florida winning.

don't you think that if UF wins out that it would help our case more in the final raknings than getting SC in the rankings and beating them right back out of them

Reactions: SmokinBob
don't you think that if UF wins out that it would help our case more in the final raknings than getting SC in the rankings and beating them right back out of them

Personally? I don’t think so. I don’t think either outcome helps dramatically more than the other, but I do think USCjr winning would be slightly better for the resume. If UF losing means that our win over UF is a little less impressive, beating a ranked team on the road in USCjr would make up for that. I think adding another ranked win, regardless of where those teams end up at the end of the year is a good thing. Idk, JMO.

But mostly WNBA. Dem tears...

If you pulled that word, wtf it is, out of running memory - kudos.
I’m a geography nerd. I’ve always been fascinated by people who manage to make lives in isolation in the arctic circles. But it’s more of a hobby, I’ve never studied geography in any sort of sanctioned sense. My degree is in history and a polisci minor.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back