Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.

For anyone else interested in Geography or Soviet communist inefficiency; this video is pretty good. He even finds a KGB office abandoned so quickly after the fall that it still has files on the locals laying about for anyone to stumble upon.

I saw a place like this in Ukraine. It also had a youth camp that was Boy Scout knock off next to it.

Pate said that some rosters will have 40% of their players turn over because of portal shopping. It’s going to be insane.

Not exactly true...Pate said a coach told him that he (the coach) worried that they could lose 40% of their roster total, graduation/portal/draft.

Still going to be interesting I think.

Pate mentioned recently about the insanity that is about to ensue with the transfer portal. Coaches have personally told him they will lose 40% of the roster to grads and transfers. They've said it will be unlike anything college ball has ever seen.

Expect Tennessee to be on the receiving end of this chaos. We will eat.
I have already heard the specific name of one Vol who is seeking to leave. This is going to be crazy.

Pate mentioned recently about the insanity that is about to ensue with the transfer portal. Coaches have personally told him they will lose 40% of the roster to grads and transfers. They've said it will be unlike anything college ball has ever seen.

Kamar Wilcoxson come on home, buddy.

Edit: That was a joke obviously, but👇🏻🤣

Kamar Wilcoxson leaving Florida Gators, entering transfer portal

Last edited:
Reactions: VOLSONLY
Florida is throwing around Miami type money. We aren't willing to do that. All I'll say.
Florida is desperate, we aren't. They have to pay more because their team sucks. I have a strong feeling Miami and UF classes will collapse like A&M did when those players realize the staff sucks.

The #Grumors are gaining steam for USF. I feel like I should make an account on their board, create a Grumors thread and then start posting grumors everyday. 😬
Well. if you do that, make your screen name MIT Beaver....

I'll be interested in just how much room we have. I don't think it'll be as much as some think. It's hard to know who will opt for that extra year, or who might be "encouraged" to leave.

I know this cycle isn’t over yet but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed that we haven’t parlayed our success on the field into recruiting. We’d have the same class as it stands now if we were 7-5/8-4. We’re about to finish 11-1 with a likely playoff berth and these national 5 star guys that we need to keep this train rolling at its current trajectory just aren’t that interested for whatever reason. I don’t know if it’s NIL, coaching relationships, or just the general feeling that we have been so far down that this has to be a one hit wonder. Most SEC programs with our resources and on field success would make a huge recruiting jump into the top 5.

I love everything about this coaching staff and administration. They’ve done an unbelievable job this year. But we always said we were caught in the middle. Not good enough on the field to recruit at the top and not good enough at recruiting to compete on the field at the top. We always said we needed that one overachieving year for recruiting to get rolling. Well it’s here but recruiting isn’t following suit. Not saying our recruiting is bad, it’s just a pretty standard year for UT and hasn’t been bumped with the on field product.

IT. TAKES. ONE. CLASS. TO. HAVE. AN. EFFECT.

Swear to god I'm not going to say it again (but I will). The experts have literally said this for yeeeears.

I guess we haven't been good enough for people to see it, but now you can. BUT we have been awful enough to see the opposite. Shoot, 2018 class was lining up to be studly during our worst season ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back