Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
You joke, but I do believe there are historical treasures hidden away in their vaults. Not trying to go all Dan Brown on everyone, but the Catholic Church (no offense to any Catholics) is one of the most secretive organizations on the planet.

And they might have proof of aliens down there....
Yep…..no telling what they actually have hidden away.

Never been. Never been to Europe. Only time I've been outside the country is to Canada. But I always wanted to travel the world and see all the history out there.

It’s a must do. In 2010 My wife and I went to Europe for 25 days. Paris and Colmar France. Brussels Belgium. Amsterdam. Frankfurt, Heidelberg, Rothenburg, and Munich Germany. Vienna and Innsbruck Austria. Lucerne and Zurich Switzerland. Florence, Venice, Rome, Vatican City, and Orvieto Italy. London and Berkshire England.

Plan on going back next summer for 2-3 weeks.

Here's the issue with Kiper's assessment. He missed the most important aspect of Levis' game. He depends heavily on an extremely good/elite run game. And in the NFL those are few and far between. He's going to struggle, plain and simple, all the measurables but we've heard that song before.

Last edited:
You're going to set me off on another tangent by mentioning the Vatican. Does anyone else wonder what historical treasures they have hidden away from the world in their vaults?
Why does the Swiss Gaurd protect the pope in Vatican City? Why does Paul VI Audience Hall look like a snake? And, whats up with the 'modern' sculpture behind the pope?vat2.jpg
vat.jpg

Really though…..it only became the most well known painting ever after it was stolen
Speaking of stolen, do you ever wonder if all the art stolen by the Nazis is still out there somewhere, waiting to be found, or was it destroyed? Maybe I've watched too much Monuments Men?

There was a Gallery around here several years ago and if someone bought a print there were painters that were trained under him that would highlight the print, that was neat to watch. We would go to the one in Gatlinburg when it was there. Turning the lights up and down really showed the paintings off.
Nice!

I think Vols basketball will jump back to #5 in the next ranking. #8 Xavier lost to an unranked team. #7 Texas just lost to #12 Iowa State. #6 UConn lost to an unranked team. Kansas should stay above the Vols unless they lose to #14 TCU on Saturday. But #5 UCLA plays at Arizona State tonight then at #11 Arizona on Saturday. Decent change they lose one or both.

So if the Vols do their job and beat LSU and Georgia, I think they'll be Top 5 again for the Texas matchup.
Down go the Zags to an unranked team. Take care of business and the Vols keep climbing.

I hate to change the subject now that it’s gotten into something wonderful, but wanted to throw this in to thank all of you that prayed for my son. He’s been in rehab 7 months. Indescribable the difference in him. Totally a new creation in Christ. Today he took the exam to be a certified electrician and inspector. He passed! He also played guitar at church tonight. It was an original song he wrote with the guy who sang!

Love this! Very happy for you!

I took a private tour of the Vatican. Our tour guide was an archaeologist and did tours as a side hustle on the weekends. I asked her what she was currently working on. They are building a new subway system near the colosseum and they have a whole team of archeologists working with the engineers. Evidently, everywhere they dig they find ancient artifacts. The subway construction project is way behind due to stopping to excavate the artifacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back