Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a chance Levis could develop and be actually become as good as guys like Kiper thinks he is. Daniel Jones for example played on a subpar team and had decent stats. Now looks like a pretty good NFL QB and finally taking off.

The difference is I've seen Levis make totally bone-headed decisions and cough up the ball at the absolute worst times. I'm not convinced he's got the raw talent and "gamer" ability to overcome his mental ineptitude.

Whoever drafts him in the first round is in "high risk, high reward" territory.

Other than many consider him the greatest CB ever?
I consider him the greatest cover corner ever. However, if I had a 4 or 5 star kid that was entering CFB in '23, I would not advise him to go to a school that's done nothing in at least 3 decades to play for a coach who is unproven at that level. In 2 or 3 years, if there's some success under his belt, I can see it. But not this year. It has to be money.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Speaking of stolen, do you ever wonder if all the art stolen by the Nazis is still out there somewhere, waiting to be found, or was it destroyed? Maybe I've watched too much Monuments Men?
100% still out there……some of it anyway….

We start with the newest addition to the roster and that is Gabe Jeudy-Lally. He came to town on January 4th and committed to the staff that weekend. Volquest met him at the airport as he left town but he asked to keep things quiet until he announced, so we obliged his wishes as it was his decision. Jeudy-Lally is a tall and rangy corner. Much like Keenan Pili, he was bigger in person than we expected him to be. It’s still possible for Tennessee to lose someone from the secondary post-spring, so this addition gives them experience at a spot they struggled with this past season in terms of quality of play and depth.
-VQ

Elsewhere, we continue to hear that Josh Heupel’s new deal will get announced sooner rather than later. How soon is anyone’s guess, but the administration including the University side, would like to get it quickly it seems. We still believe the deal will be in the $8-9 million range.

How about the tight ends coach opening that Heupel seems to be in no hurry to fill? We believe Heupel has been working on it, researching candidates and talking to various people. We feel like Jeff Faris remains a viable option and he continues to be vetted out. Seth Littrell, who knows Heupel from his Oklahoma days, doesn’t seem like a real viable candidate. It feels like Littrell would prefer to be a coordinator somewhere. In house Alec Ablin is a possibility. Ablin would be a seamless transition as he knows the offense well. But Ablin has never been on the recruiting trail. How big of a factor is recruiting in this hire for Heupel?

Heupel also has a director of football operations hire to make sometime this spring as well. What we have learned in two years is that Heupel doesn’t rush to make personnel hires.
-VQ

There are! I like Monet because he paints what I see and would paint if only I could.
Try shading with different pencil sketches. I do that from to time. With some classical music in the background (and wine from time to time), It slows my mind down and I relax. Maybe come out looking like a charcoal blob, but I alway feel better.

You joke, but I do believe there are historical treasures hidden away in their vaults. Not trying to go all Dan Brown on everyone, but the Catholic Church (no offense to any Catholics) is one of the most secretive organizations on the planet.

And they might have proof of aliens down there....
Plot twist: they are aliens.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
1674194756464.png

The Garden Of Earthly Delights. It's a triptych. No other...nothing, like it. Imo
Many times over the many years, since I first saw it, I've wondered what Bosch was truly trying to say. I've looked at it countless times, and still see something new each time. It is truly remarkable.

But, as far as favorite artist...probably Chuck Connelly.

1674195146641.png

1674195180170.png

1674195259024.png

I think he just wanted attention. Martinez has to produce this year. Even B Jones fired him. That is bad when Butch has to fire him.
That worked out well for us….. the defense was much better under Jancek, and Martinez than under Shoop and his guys….. I remember how excited everyone was when we got Shoop.

Here's the issue with Kiper's assessment. He missed the most important aspect of Levis' game. He depends heavily on an extremely good/elite run game. And in the NFL those are few and far between. He's going to struggle, plain and simple, all the measurables but we've heard that song before.
I wouldn’t draft him but they have also been right before…. Josh Allen’s stats in college was worse than Levis.

Reactions: SoilVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back