Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paying out money got recruits. Sheep ball juice got Babe sick and the 100 hot dogs in his stomach out on the street. Doesn't matter if you're "good at it". Whatever IT is needs to work.
That’s correct it didn’t work and I know that we disagree…. My only point is almost every baseball player did everything they could to be as good as possible…. Whether it be sheep nut juice…. Corked bats… illegal substances on the ball…. Extra pine tar…. Stealing signs…. Greenies…. Steroids…I just find it somewhat silly romanticizing older ball players and vilifying the steroid era…. There is plenty of evidence that the only reason they didn’t use steroids is bc they didn’t exist.

On this day: Ozzy Osbourne bites the head off a bat in 1982

January 20, 1982

DZNxABk6_lscSk1RgCqBvQH7JlyxFHzj1XfUEUqqTfA.jpg

My oldest son loves Bob Ross…. Went as him for Halloween a few years ago.
Several years ago, I looked at popping into the Bob Ross gallery just to see what it was about, maaaybe pick up a novelty painting or sign up for a class.

Soo, I got on the interwebs to look at pricing.

Nope, no sir. Didnt even drive by the gallery.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Several years ago, I looked at popping into the Bob Ross gallery just to see what it was about, maaaybe pick up a novelty painting or sign up for a class.

Soo, I got on the interwebs to look at pricing.

Nope, no sir. Didnt even drive by the gallery.
I understand that.

I wouldn’t draft him but they have also been right before…. Josh Allen’s stats in college was worse than Levis.
Will Levis had an O Line that was full of NFL'ers as well as an NFL caliber running back. His wr's were passable. Levis also played against better competition.

I don't know, we'll see but when Levis didn't have that stellar run game to lean on he struggled and pushed the ball. You do that in the NFL and you're toast. I guess we'll see.

Last edited:
Will Levis had an O Line that was fun of NFL'ers as well as an NFL caliber running back. His wr's were passable. Levi's also played against better competition.

I find know, we'll see but when Levis didn't have that stellar run game to lean on he struggled and pushed the ball. You do that in the NFL and your toast. I guess we'll see.
Here are the two players stats from their last season played in college.

Josh Allen 11 games 56.3% 1,812 yds 16 TDs 6 ints

Will Levis 11 games 65.4% 2,406 yds 19 TDs 10 ints

I hate to change the subject now that it’s gotten into something wonderful, but wanted to throw this in to thank all of you that prayed for my son. He’s been in rehab 7 months. Indescribable the difference in him. Totally a new creation in Christ. Today he took the exam to be a certified electrician and inspector. He passed! He also played guitar at church tonight. It was an original song he wrote with the guy who sang!
These types of subject changes are always extremely welcome. Very, very happy for all of you.

That worked out well for us….. the defense was much better under Jancek, and Martinez than under Shoop and his guys….. I remember how excited everyone was when we got Shoop.
Shoop beat Florida. Defense was decimated with injuries. I would still take Shoop any day. Shoop didn’t get to bring coaches he wanted and was forced to work in a system. There is a reason he was a top coordinator right after us at MSU and Jancek did nothing. You could talk to many in the football world and not many would chose Jancek over Shoop.

Shoop beat Florida. Defense was decimated with injuries. I would still take Shoop any day. Shoop didn’t get to bring coaches he wanted and was forced to work in a system. There is a reason he was a top coordinator right after us at MSU and Jancek did nothing. You could talk to many in the football world and not many would chose Jancek over Shoop.
Shoop is overrated…. He has not been successful at any stop since leaving Penn state….I don’t know if Shoop beat Florida…. We won when we gave up 20 points while losing to them when Jancek’s defense gave up 10 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back