Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Pat as much as anyone, but he won 5 championships against her in her prime. I'd hardly say she was his kryptonite.
I think the better way to say it is that Geno's "prime" came after Pat's career. He was always a presence and won some titles, but the prime of his career was when Warlick was coach imo.

I think the better way to say it is that Geno's "prime" came after Pat's career. He was always a presence and won some titles, but the prime of his career was when Warlick was coach imo.
giphy.gif

Reactions: MarcoVol
Just randomly thought about y’all this morning remembering this post. Hope everyone is doing ok.
Thank you and apologies for not keeping this community informed. Daughter had a rough go, ended up placing a drain into her abscessed kidneys to remove the infection and gave her a blood transfusion. Got out of ICU on Friday evening and put into OB for sick mothers. Doctors agreed to let her go home on Sunday after a conflict with her aggressive personality. She said she would follow doc orders and the baby appears to be fine. We continue to monitor her and hopefully this will change her life.

This is a special group of people and while I never meet any of you (that I know of), it amazes me how you all reach out and support during times of need. Seen it many times over the years and truly appreciate it even more now. I thank everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

Sure, if you want to just state falsehoods.

Watched Ark-UK game. Arkansas dominated game overall really, but especially inside. Made Tshiebwe look weak.

Yep, I'm not liking this new look Arkansas team, from 1-5 to 5-0 in SEC play and we still have to play them (potentially with Nick Smith). That game is going to be a big one for us.

Oscar has been punked the last 2 games on offense by better defensive bigs and it's been glorious!

I mean...how can you "imo" with a stat that you can pull up exactly? I despise Geno, but everything above the redline happened while Pat was coaching the Lady Vols so 7 of his 11 championships.
1675870227545.png

I can't stand Geno or UConn and I will be glad when he's done. I'm beginning to think his end is fast approaching watching some of his recent outbursts during games lately, especially when he slammed the water bottle on the court during one of their recent games. But I do have a good friend who was a very successful hs girls bb coach who attended an event a few years ago where Geno was ths keynote speaker and gushed about what he had to say along with talking to him a few minutes after the event.
IMO when Pat was the undisputed queen of wbb, Geno became the Darth Vader and relished in that role of leading the Evil Empire and now he is being reluctant to accept the fact that Dawn Staley and Kim Mulkey in particular are taking the reigns.

Same, Auburn thought the officials were against them here...the whistles really were one sided last night. They lose that game by 5 despite hitting more FGs, more 3PTs and having a higher shooting % for both.
Their antics early on didn’t help them out. I swear the refs warned them a few times before they started really calling it. Auburn players like to talk. I’m not judging, just suggesting they aren’t doing themselves any favors.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Never looked at it before, but Florida (finally) has a tough little schedule coming up:

I could see them losing as many as 7 games...with having to play Utah, Kentucky, South Carolina, LSU, and Missouri all on the road. I think us getting them early in the season with them trying to break in a new QB will give us a big advantage and then of course FSU and Georgia both should also be able to beat them.

I mean...how can you "imo" with a stat that you can pull up exactly? I despise Geno, but everything above the redline happened while Pat was coaching the Lady Vols so 7 of his 11 championships.
View attachment 535245
I say "imo" because the "prime" of someone's career can be a fairly subjective thing and measured in different ways.

Since Pat stopped coaching, Geno has never finished worse than a Final Four appearance and has a winning % of 0.943. He has won a title at a rate of 44% of seasons (*where a postseason tournament was held).

Starting from UConn's first Final Four appearance (bc idk if it's fair to include his first couple of years) until Pat's last season, he had a win percentage 0.901. He won titles 31.8% of seasons.

The subjective part comes where each person draws the line of when his "prime" started, and when it ended (if it is ended).

My opinion was that his prime (or at least the bulk of it) was after Pat's career ended, and that's my logic behind it. Someone could argue his prime started a couple years before that in 07 and I would understand that point, and probably agree. But the bulk of the seasons I consider his "prime" were after.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
The main reason I think Geno isn't "the best ever" is because he's the only WBB coach that has a real recruiting advantage that none of the other schools can offer.

ESPN Headquarters is 42 miles from campus. A good number of former UConn players end up working for ESPN as well.

I mean I see your point but can’t agree with it. Geno can’t help where the ESPN headquarters are. So you can’t really use that to diminish what he has accomplished. Pat is one of the best to ever do it. But the best? It’s Geno. I hate to say it but it’s like Saban. You hate to admit that level of greatness but it has to be acknowledged and respected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back