Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use to fly through Houston on a regular basis in the International Terminal. I would always try to eat at Pappadeaux. Always a very good meal.
I like all of the Pappa restaurants - Pappadeaux, Pappasito’s, Pappas BBQ, Pappas Burgers, Pappas Bros Steakhouse, and Pappas Delta Blues. There are many Pappas-places around Houston.

I could see them losing as many as 7 games...with having to play Utah, Kentucky, South Carolina, LSU, and Missouri all on the road. I think us getting them early in the season with them trying to break in a new QB will give us a big advantage and then of course FSU and Georgia both should also be able to beat them.

You could make a really good case for them only getting 4 wins.

Agreed. Let's get them off on the wrong foot by blowing them out at home and keeping them at bay down the stretch. No sweaty palms this year.

Coaches don’t do that. Her only trajectory is downhill from the Lady Vols. Getting fired gets you a payday. If she’s serious about salvaging her career, she probably needs to fire multiple assistant coaches (including her husband) and bring in great recruiting staff and game day coaches Not holding my breath for this to happen…
Wait. Her husband is a paid on staff assistant for this?

Oh man…

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
February 8, 1936

Jay Berwanger, from the University of Chicago, becomes the first ever Draft pick in the NFL.
He was selected by the Eagles, but his rights were traded to Chicago. After unsuccessfully qualifying for the Olympics, he and George Halas were unable to reach an agreement on salary; Berwanger was requesting $15,000 and Halas' final offer was $13,500. Instead, he took a job with a Chicago rubber company and also became a part-time coach at the University of Chicago.

berwanger.jpg

I can't stand Geno or UConn and I will be glad when he's done. I'm beginning to think his end is fast approaching watching some of his recent outbursts during games lately, especially when he slammed the water bottle on the court during one of their recent games. But I do have a good friend who was a very successful hs girls bb coach who attended an event a few years ago where Geno was ths keynote speaker and gushed about what he had to say along with talking to him a few minutes after the event.
IMO when Pat was the undisputed queen of wbb, Geno became the Darth Vader and relished in that role of leading the Evil Empire and now he is being reluctant to accept the fact that Dawn Staley and Kim Mulkey in particular are taking the reigns.

One of my patients when I practiced in Knoxville was a big LV supporter. Her seats were behind the visitor’s bench. She said geno was awful to his players. The way he talked to them and the things he called them would have gotten him killed by any father that heard him…

Not hard to root for his demise and an end to his legacy. Can’t happen soon enough.

Last edited:
Doesn't sound too fun for him.
Believe it or not, I had a similar work experience on 11/12/2021. I was working two jobs at the time and my second job involved driving a forklift. I was helping a fellow team member with a work situation, which required me to get up from my forklift. Anyway, as I assisted him with his issue, I got to close to his forklift, and he accidentally ran over my right foot, my toes and the upper half of my right foot. Those suckers weigh 8,000 pounds, but fortunately I did not have my steel toes on that day, and only my great toe and the toe next to it were broken, but the rest of my foot was ok and not shattered. Truly, The Lord was with me for sure, in my opinion, as I would have lost my toes if I had worn my steel toes that day. I was in a boot for two months, but am relatively ok now, but I have pain every day at least minor in nature, involving my great toe, but I'm healed up completely.

One of my patients when I practiced in Knoxville was a big LV supporter. Her seats were behind the visitor’s bench. She said geno was awful to his players. The way he talked to them and the things he called them would have gotten him killed by any father that heard him…

Not hard to root for his demise and an end to his legacy. Can’t happen soon enough.

Geno is and always has been a total POS. 💩

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back