Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Texas, A&M, LSU, State
2. OU, Missou, Arky, OM
3. Bama. Aubie, UK , Vandy
4. UT, UF, UGA, Junior

1 and 4 tough pods. Not sure but your pods may be preferable.
Those first two would be wacky geographically, and they won't end the Egg Bowl.

I think its a pretty foregone conclusion it'll be UF, USCj and UGA. Figuring out the last team is the question mark. That'll be a stout pod tbh.

Just seems awkward to go UT, Bama, UK, and Vandy then Auburn, UGA, UF, and USCj. And that favors the Auburn v UGA series over the Iron Bowl, and I just think there's no way in heck they stop the Iron Bowl. I think they're more likely to keep the Iron Bowl over TSIO but idk.

Plus, not a single other school would be happy if Vandy and UK got put together in a pod. Whether it be Vandy, UK, UT, and UGA or swapping UGA with bamer.

Not a single other school would be happy until they got that fat check from SEC revenue sharing and then they would bend over and ask for another

Reactions: SoilVol
JJJ has been atrocious this year, no way he's going to the league. He was 1-7 before the injury. He doesn't have that drive or "It" factor. We had room to add another transfer or someone else for this scenario, but we didn't. It's ultimately on Barnes. We've just begun the plunge. If Vanderbilt can beat us, anyone can the rest of the way. The sharks will be out for blood going forward. I'd burn Dillones redshirt, cause we need a scorer, but that's just me. I feel like our offense can't get worse and it could get better with the infusion of talent at guard if Dillone was to play.

What's the highest level of basketball you've played ? Hell....any sport?

Did they say they were going to do pods, or just each team has 3 permanent opponents, and the rest of the schedule rotates?
Same thing isn't it? A pod is 3 permanent with the rest rotating. I guess it comes down to how they draw up the rest of the schedule. Randomized or "pods" rotating. Everyone in Pod 1 plays everyone in Pod 2 and the final two games are randomized from the other two pods. Then the next year its Pod 1 v Pod 3. So on and so forth. I have no idea

You can't be a bum and put up the numbers he has in an era that clearly has more talent.
In an era that overly favors offense. Superstars of old would straight up dominate now. Bird and Pistol Pete would be unstoppable. Guys like Jordan and Drexler would make some of these young guys look silly.

Just seems awkward to go UT, Bama, UK, and Vandy then Auburn, UGA, UF, and USCj. And that favors the Auburn v UGA series over the Iron Bowl, and I just think there's no way in heck they stop the Iron Bowl. I think they're more likely to keep the Iron Bowl over TSIO but idk.

Plus, not a single other school would be happy if Vandy and UK got put together in a pod. Whether it be Vandy, UK, UT, and UGA or swapping UGA with bamer.

Why does there have to be pods? Our common opponents don't have to align with Auburn's, for example.

Reactions: Orange.
Same thing isn't it? A pod is 3 permanent with the rest rotating. I guess it comes down to how they draw up the rest of the schedule. Randomized or "pods" rotating. Everyone in Pod 1 plays everyone in Pod 2 and the final two games are randomized from the other two pods. Then the next year its Pod 1 v Pod 3. So on and so forth. I have no idea
Not the same thing. A pod consists of the same 4 teams. Three permanent opponents is different. Bama could be one of our 3 permanent opponents, but that doesn't mean they share the other two permanent opponents.

The SEC will do everything possible to have these games remain annual events:
Bama/Auburn
Bama/UT
AUB/UGA
UGA/UF
But, I tried to make all of those 4 work and they just can’t.
so, as in your lists, the one that will be lost is Aub/UGA, which I think is the oldest rivalry in the south.
neither school will be happy about that.
That's the difficult round robin of this whole deal. You can't make UT, UGA, Aub, and Bama a group. That's murder, plus it ends the Cocktail Party.

Georgia and Auburn are the oldest in the SEC. Problem is, right behind them is UT vs UK and UT vs Vandy. So do we preserve those series over the Iron Bowl? Because if we preserve the 3 oldest, that almost ensures Vandy, UK, UT, and Bama as one, and Georgia, Auburn, UF and USC as two. But that's honestly lopsided in toughness, and Vandy and UK have no long history or rivalry with Bama. But UK v UF has been pretty good as of late now that Stoops has them beating the Gators.

Not the same thing. A pod consists of the same 4 teams. Three permanent opponents is different. Bama could be one of our 3 permanent opponents, but that doesn't mean they share the other two permanent opponents.
Ahhh, you're right. That would probably be better to get around having to preserve rivalries. Makes sense.

With Texas and Oklahoma joining the SEC officially in 2024, the upcoming 2023 season should be the last year we play Florida, Bama and Georgia all in the same season, so that's good news. What I have heard is no pods, each team in the conference gets 3 permanent opponents, and for Tennessee those 3 teams are Bama, Vandy and Kentucky, most likely. We would then play the other 12 teams every other year, what is the 3 and 6, or 6 and 3 model, whichever you prefer. The top 2 teams in the final conference standings would play for the SEC Title, with no actual pods, per se. I don't know if what I heard is correct but if we wind up with Bama, Vandy and Kentucky as our 3 permanent opponents, I think that's a definite win for Tennessee, schedule wise.

How so? What JJJ has done this season as a senior is dumpster juice. I don't expect someone who doesn't know the game to be able to contribute to a conversation. Until then you're the one with the "weak sauce". This team shouldn't have lost to this team in a million years. A large part of that is because you have seniors like JJJ getting outplayed each fame now. This wouldn't be the case if he was balling.
Do you have any clue what atrocious means? He is our best defender. He just had a double double against Auburn. Scored 15 on a day when we scored 46 as a team. He carried us in that game. He is averaging 10 and 5. Not ballin but very far from atrocious. He has been battling injuries all year. I would take no issue with saying we need more from him, but to call him atrocious is ridiculous. For you to say I don't know the game because I don't agree with you is pretty atrocious in my opinion.

1. Texas, A&M, LSU, State
2. OU, Missou, Arky, OM
3. Bama. Aubie, UK , Vandy
4. UT, UF, UGA, Junior

1 and 4 tough pods. Not sure but your pods may be preferable.
That 2nd grouping you put together is an absolute joke. No way Oklahoma gets added to the SEC conference and basically gets gifted a pod with zero competition. Also, I don't see Vanderbilt and Kentucky landing in a pod together either.

Let the debate start over. Should not even be a debate. I was never a Jordan fan but he is the GOAT

329464285_1321079288623147_8148136875539456801_n.jpg
Lebron has 6 championship series whippings. He's in 3rd place in NBA history for most Finals Series lost. Best NBA player ever? LOL. No.

Last edited:
Didnt someone say that Sankey could possibly do away with divisions all together?

Yes.

“The SEC is doing away with divisions. And not just football divisions, but divisions everywhere, in all places and all times. The universe will once again be formed into a cosmic singularity.”

- Greg Sankey

Competition was much harder in the Jordan era. So many legends. They actually played defense back then, it didn't look like a shoot around. LeBron is talented, however, against ultimate competitors, they would break his weak ass.

Would love to see Bill Laimbeer, Kevin McHale, and Karl Malone play a game with LeBron. How many times would the “King” complain to the refs about being fouled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back