Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm bored....

I think the Alabama kick would be the obvious choice, but what are some of your other "best moments" of the past season?

I loved everything about the Kensucky game. The Dark Mode open was incredible. Halftime was incredible. Watching us dismantle them after Vince Marrow do his usual twitter routine leading up to the game was incredible. Watching "first pick in the draft" Levis look completely and utterly overwhelmed all game was incredible.

I hot to see all the 80s superstars...but sadly missed out on the 70s guys. I didn't really start watching BB until 82.
I watched quite a bit of Chamberlin, Russell, Willis Reed etc followed by Pistol, Dr. J and then the MJ, Bird and Majic era. I hardly watch any NBA anymore.

I'm bored....

I think the Alabama kick would be the obvious choice, but what are some of your other "best moments" of the past season?

I loved everything about the Kensucky game. The Dark Mode open was incredible. Halftime was incredible. Watching us dismantle them after Vince Marrow do his usual twitter routine leading up to the game was incredible. Watching "first pick in the draft" Levis look completely and utterly overwhelmed all game was incredible.

Keyton diving catch vs UF. And seeing what was shaping up to be the biggest gut punch loss in UT history instead end with a harmless interception thrown into triple coverage.

Keyton diving catch vs UF. And seeing what was shaping up to be the biggest gut punch loss in UT history instead end with a harmless interception thrown into triple coverage.

Against a Pruit/Jones/Dooley/Kiffin and maybe a Fulmer team, we lose that Florida game after they recover the onside. I felt sick when they got it.

Not anymore though. It’s a new era.

I'm bored....

Hooker to Hyatt to go up 20-0 against LSU was a big moment.

I'm bored....

Not my favorite moment, but I rewatched the Pittsburgh game last night and seeing Narduzzi lose his mind and challenge the call with Bru being forced out of bounds, and totally waste that timeout, was very enjoyable.

I'm bored....

TD in OT at Pittsburgh since I was there in person to see it with my sons. Felt like it was going to be a special season.

That won’t be the worst thing Honestly. We’ll go to a 9 game 6-3 model where our permanents will likely be Bama, Kentucky and Vanderbilt. We’ll rotate 6 games so play everyone within 2 years.
I don’t think we will have permanent teams anymore. I thought Sankey was leaning toward no divisions or permanent games. But I could be wrong.

Let the debate start over. Should not even be a debate. I was never a Jordan fan but he is the GOAT

329464285_1321079288623147_8148136875539456801_n.jpg
76D7F3CA-242D-4A8A-9EDC-FFF3379EF809.jpeg

Reactions: Wokepack
I don’t think we will have permanent teams anymore. I thought Sankey was leaning toward no divisions or permanent games. But I could be wrong.
Yeah, that makes more sense, so that they can continue to give Bama and Georgia cream puff schedules.

Goodness gracious. The chances of 1/5 persons winning a game alone is nil. Why I never understood the lauding of 50+ point games, sure that's an incredible personal feat but, how often in those games does the score end up being close, or the team loses?

Bball is a team sport. Jordan had plenty of those high scoring games But he made his team better.

Lebron has to have 4 additional all stars to win.

Yet never had a season as miserable as the LAST TWO with Lebron, Davis and Westbrook. That’s two future HOF talents he engineered onto the team…if we’re still counting. Jordan missed a large portion of his second season with a broken foot and willed them to the playoffs. Only to run into a top 10 all-time team in the Celtics. With almost dead supporting talents like George Gervin and Artis Gilmore watching him work, he poured in 60. I think it’s pretty interesting viewing Pippen’s legacy WITHOUT Jordan.

So, what VolNash17 stated on the upcoming conference scheduling is exactly the same thing I have heard. The 3 permanent opponents annually and then we would play the other 12 teams every other year, hence the so called 3 and 6 model. Hopefully, it is Bama, Vandy and Kentucky for us as our permanent foes. I will say I saw a sports writer talking about this quite a few months ago - the 3 and 6 scheduling model, Ross Dellenger I think, and he had our 3 permanent opponents as Bama, Vandy and South Carolina. The South Carolina one made no sense to me at all, in my mind it would have to be Kentucky but I could even see keeping Florida or Georgia before South Carolina. I do remember that his take on Bama's permanent opponents being: Auburn, Tennessee and LSU. Lol, no way the Bammers would go for that... Especially since we are finally back on the upswing and have found our great Coach in Josh Heupel. Go Vols!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back