Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our football schedule has been so consistently difficult for the last 20 years. Playing Alabama, Florida, and Georgia every year. The only way it gets more difficult is we drop Vandy and UK to pickup Texas and Oklahoma as regulars but that shouldn’t happen under a new format.

Maybe we finally catch a break and no longer face the old gauntlet we used to. My hope is that we see a 4 year SEC schedule set firmly in advance. I don’t want to see favoritism played out each year with byes and soft scheduling for the darlings like UGA and Bama. Just set the schedule fairly and let’s move forward.

You mean the 2014 Miami team that was plagued with injuries all year? What about the 2015 team when Chris Bosh was back for the full season? They went to the conference semi's and lost in 7 games. It's easy to create a narrative without all the facts.

The 2015 team had Joe Johnson, Dragic (who was traded for at the deadline the year prior) and Whiteside who took a massive leap from the year prior. It was a completely different team personnel wise so weird comparison.

The same Toronto squad that took Miami to 7 in 2015 lost to Cleveland in 6. 4 of the games weren't even competitive.

Not a Jordan Fan boy but agree that all the dissing of Lebron is over the top. Amazing what he's doing at 38. With that said, Jordan was absolutely better than both (and I'm a Laker fan). Jordan goes to try out Major League Baseball and the Bulls fall. He comes back and they're instantly winning basketball games again.
Same thing happened with bron with his 2 stints at Cleveland. Trash before he got drafted, took a bad roster to the finals. Left (they we’re putrid again). He comes back, 4 finals n a chip. Not saying you, but it’s funny when people try to paint jordan as this “nobody has done it like he did before” when its the furthest thing from the truth. Jordan was a great player and there were great players before him and there’s great ones after him. For people to act as if the 🐐 title is untouchable is laughable. If the normal person lived to 150 or so and we had tv’s back in the early 1900’s-1950’s, there would be a lot of conversations of some of other guy from the stone ages being the 🐐. All of us are bias towards the area we grew up in and it’s hard for most people to detach their nostalgia from subjective conversations like this, but hey, it makes these convos fun and petty lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Nuctech777
Bulls fall? Lol Chicago took NY to 7 in 93 in eastern semifinals. Same Knicks squad that took Houston to 7 in the NBA finals. Even if Mike stays they don't have an answer for Hakeem - just like they didn't have an answer for Shaq in 94 when Mike returned.

Cleveland won 19 games in 2011 the year after Lebron left for Miami. They won 65 the year prior.

Miami won 37 games in 2014 the year after Lebron left for Cleveland. They won 54 the year prior and made the NBA finals.

Cleveland won 19 games in 2018 the year after Lebron left for LA. They won 50 the year prior and made the NBA finals.

Conclusion: The Bulls were still a good ball team without MJ. Every team Lebron left crumbled outside of Miami. The "superteam" people suggest Lebron created in Miami won 37 games without Lebron and failed to make the playoffs.

Very strong points. My memory appears to be a little faulty though their record...The Chicago Bulls were 34-31 without Michael Jordan in 1994-95....was not great. Are you indicating that for you, Lebron is GOAT? We can have a conversation about Championships and losses in Championship games.

It'll always fascinate me how old heads will refuse to give Lebron his flowers. Anybody who even attempts to argue anybody outside of Mike and Kareem is in the same conversation as Lebron don't know NBA.
Balanced out by Generation Cuz who believe basketball was invented in 2003. There’s a medium sounding board who don’t trot out either extreme narratives.

Bulls fall? Lol Chicago took NY to 7 in 93 in eastern semifinals. Same Knicks squad that took Houston to 7 in the NBA finals. Even if Mike stays they don't have an answer for Hakeem - just like they didn't have an answer for Shaq in 94 when Mike returned.

Cleveland won 19 games in 2011 the year after Lebron left for Miami. They won 65 the year prior.

Miami won 37 games in 2014 the year after Lebron left for Cleveland. They won 54 the year prior and made the NBA finals.

Cleveland won 19 games in 2018 the year after Lebron left for LA. They won 50 the year prior and made the NBA finals.

Conclusion: The Bulls were still a good ball team without MJ. Every team Lebron left crumbled outside of Miami. The "superteam" people suggest Lebron created in Miami won 37 games without Lebron and failed to make the playoffs.
That Cavs team…. The top 3 players only played in at most 38 games that season…. The Heat lost Ray Allen… Bosh only played 44 games and Wade 60 games…. It wasn’t just losing Lebron… The Cavs were trying to lose to build assets for Lebron to come back.

Our football schedule has been so consistently difficult for the last 20 years. Playing Alabama, Florida, and Georgia every year. The only way it gets more difficult is we drop Vandy and UK to pickup Texas and Oklahoma as regulars but that shouldn’t happen under a new format.

Maybe we finally catch a break and no longer face the old gauntlet we used to. My hope is that we see a 4 year SEC schedule set firmly in advance. I don’t want to see favoritism played out each year with byes and soft scheduling for the darlings like UGA and Bama. Just set the schedule fairly and let’s move forward.
Agree 100%. I don't think any team in the SEC has a harder in-conference schedule than we do. The only close comparison is Auburn, but they don't have Florida every year. I think the new conference schedule format should definitely help even the playing field as far as strength of schedule is concerned.

That makes sense and a good idea. But could still have someone go to the playoffs and not have to play in that game. The conference championship game shouldn’t keep a team from being in the playoffs.
It should. My favorite layout.
6 conferences everyone plays everyone top 2 teams in each conference make the playoffs. Get rid of all the other BS

Very strong points. My memory appears to be a little faulty though their record...The Chicago Bulls were 34-31 without Michael Jordan in 1994-95....was not great. Are you indicating that for you, Lebron is GOAT? We can have a conversation about Championships and losses in Championship games.

My personal belief is that Bron is the goat. He's played at the highest level in 3 different eras. This is the most talented from top to bottom the league has ever been and 38 year old Lebron is putting up 30 a night. That's unheard of.

What's the difference between finals losses and losing prior to the finals?

That Cavs team…. The top 3 players only played in at most 38 games that season…. The Heat lost Ray Allen… Bosh only played 44 games and Wade 60 games…. It wasn’t just losing Lebron… The Cavs were trying to lose to build assets for Lebron to come back.

Ray was 40 years old bro lol. He played as long as he did because of Lebron facilitating.

The 2015 team had Joe Johnson, Dragic (who was traded for at the deadline the year prior) and Whiteside who took a massive leap from the year prior. It was a completely different team personnel wise so weird comparison.

The same Toronto squad that took Miami to 7 in 2015 lost to Cleveland in 6. 4 of the games weren't even competitive.

It's not a weird comparison when Bosh developed his blood clots the year after Lebron left. Sure, they weren't as good, but they still had 2 other Hall of Famers. I stay out of this argument for the most part.

Both MJ and LBJ are top 3. Everyone has a different opinion, so who cares?

My personal belief is that Bron is the goat. He's played at the highest level in 3 different eras. This is the most talented from top to bottom the league has ever been and 38 year old Lebron is putting up 30 a night. That's unheard of.

What's the difference between finals losses and losing prior to the finals?

The game is also very different now, and that's ok. The NBA is much softer. Again, that's fine, but we can acknowledge it.

Reactions: Nuctech777
It's stupid. 14 weeks 2 bye. Everyone plays everyone. No room for favoritism or controversy

Playoff seedings matter, and SEC wants to get as many teams in as they can.. so they won’t make it harder to do so by going to an only SEC schedule. That’s just a dumb business decision by the SEC if they did that.

Reactions: BSOVOL1967
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back