Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think Lebron leading the Cavs to a championship over the Warriors (with the best regular season record of all time) by coming back from a 3-1 deficit is the all time clutch performance in the NBA.
mrw-chrome-tells-me-i-think-its-time-for-you-to-use-your-free-windows-upgrade-187234.gif

And yeah they’re keeping the Iron bowl lol. Tennessee’s 3 permanents are likely Kentucky Bama and Vanderbilt. Bama’s 3 permanents are likely Auburn Tennessee LSU. You see how it works now?
Yeah if you'll read along you'll see where that was discussed and understood.

Reactions: VolNash17
MJ played against plumbers and accountants. Accept reality.
LeBron gets a foul whistle anytime someone looks at him funny. Today's NBA is S-A-W-F-T! Jordan played in a time where you could take a knife driving to the basket. You were at least going to get mugged. LeBron would cry if he had to play against those "plumbers and accountants". Literally. Bill Laimbeer would have LeBron scrambling for his "safe space".

We didn’t play Belgium. We played the Netherlands. Point still remains though. Talent isn’t quite there yet but it’s the best it’s been in a while, maybe ever.

This team is also still crazy young. A good coach will only help that.. question is.. who? With Copa America coming to the US next summer a new coach will want to come in soon and give himself a year and a half or so and a few international windows to get to know the players and form an identity. Playing teams like Argentina, Brazil, etc in a big, meaningful tournament is great experience for this young squad and a new coach to get.
Lol good point. Almost called them Oranje of Belgium 🤣 and they are my 2nd fav team. Shame on me

Yup I can't wait for the future. If we can reach the technical skills and coaching if Smryna is correct...it looks like we have the athleticism and legs. Having a major aerial player would help too. We wasted an unheard of number of corners in the WC 😒

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
MJ played against plumbers and accountants. Accept reality.
Simple example - the NBA going from 2% to 25% foreign players. The talent pool these days is just unreal and so much more competitive. On the flipside is hardly any domestic born non-black players on NBA rosters. A dying/dead breed.

Just look at the top 5 players by PER and the last 4 or 5(?) MVPs...all foreign born. The NBA went from a talent pool drawing off maybe 300-400 mil to a billion+ in just a few decades. Talking total populations of countries with legit talent being sent to the NBA...sorry China, India, and Indonesia.

Fwiw top 5 in PER (in no order)
Jokic
Giannis
Luka
Embiid
Gilgeous-Alexander

Reactions: johnfnkelly
Not a Jordan Fan boy but agree that all the dissing of Lebron is over the top. Amazing what he's doing at 38. With that said, Jordan was absolutely better than both (and I'm a Laker fan). Jordan goes to try out Major League Baseball and the Bulls fall. He comes back and they're instantly winning basketball games again.
It's definitely weird. To not just simply respect all the greats...especially top 2-3 type guys.

Heard a guy on the radio the other whining because he saw Lebron sitting at the end of a game. Ths hosts (not even sports people) were like oh so you've never heard of load management...literally everyone does it 🤣

And then there's a certain crowd that will dismiss his achievements due to him speaking out on things. While forgetting MJ said he regretted not doing as such.

MJ still the GOAT, but dear lord as sports fans just recognize greatness and let it be. Same for Manning/Brady.

Greatness is greatness and pure sports fans will always appreciate it.

Cam Thomas of the Brooklyn Nets fine $40,000 for playfully responding “We already had good looking guys, no homo.” 😒

Reactions: InVOLuntary
It's definitely weird. To not just simply respect all the greats...especially top 2-3 type guys.

Heard a guy on the radio the other whining because he saw Lebron sitting at the end of a game. Ths hosts (not even sports people) were like oh so you've never heard of load management...literally everyone does it 🤣

And then there's a certain crowd that will dismiss his achievements due to him speaking out on things. While forgetting MJ said he regretted not doing as such.

MJ still the GOAT, but dear lord as sports fans just recognize greatness and let it be. Same for Manning/Brady.

Greatness is greatness and pure sports fans will always appreciate it.
You know who didn’t do load management…. MJ LOL 🤣 I really hate Load management though…. I’m going to go to watch Embiid play in March…. I’m going to be so pissed if he is sitting out.

Simple example - the NBA going from 2% to 25% foreign players. The talent pool these days is just unreal and so much more competitive. On the flipside is hardly any domestic born non-black players on NBA rosters. A dying/dead breed.

Just look at the top 5 players by PER and the last 4 or 5(?) MVPs...all foreign born. The NBA went from a talent pool drawing off maybe 300-400 mil to a billion+ in just a few decades. Talking total populations of countries with legit talent being sent to the NBA...sorry China, India, and Indonesia.

Fwiw top 5 in PER (in no order)
Jokic
Giannis
Luka
Embiid
Gilgeous-Alexander
I wonder what macro level evolutions in the NBA led to a surge in European players finding success here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back