Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know who didn’t do load management…. MJ LOL 🤣 I really hate Load management though…. I’m going to go to watch Embiid play in March…. I’m going to be so pissed if he is sitting out.
Yes because no one did. It's a top-down approach from analytic departments, management, and coaches.

And it was silly not to (though I get it sucks for fans). Now it's just common sense, like "why the hell weren't we doing this all along?!"

Embiid...yeah he'll probably be resting his shat body 😅

You can pick any version of them, only identified as “prime”, for a 7 game series.

You can use more than ppg too.
Not going by ppg, but PER. Offense, defense, rebounding, everything wrapped together. Lebron is clearly way ahead. Especially at peak.

Magic was great, but sometime I wonder if his flash puts him a few spots higher in many minds than reality and objective stats reflect. That's a knock either, still very elite territory. But not top-2/3 by any means.

The coolest thing about Magic was how many spots he could defend. He's like an (actually great) way too tall PG like Ben Simmons wishes he was.

Yes because no one did. It's a top-down approach from analytic departments, management, and coaches.

And it was silly not to (though I get it sucks for fans). Now it's just common sense, like "why the hell weren't we doing this all along?!"

Embiid...yeah he'll probably be resting his shat body 😅

I’ll say this, if you’ve gotten to the point where you’re load managing, then you probably either need to reduce the amount of games in your regular season or make it tougher to make the postseason.

The fact that it’s beneficial to sit your best players is evidence that your season structure is flawed.

Just make it a Round Robin 15 game SEC season, Forget playoffs, forget National Championships. Just one extra game. And if that is an issue play one more game with a committee pick of the two finalists.
I would love a NT, but being SEC Champs and this convoluted scheduling and luck of a TCU or whoever is not indicative of being in a NT game.

Tempo and wide open aren’t the same…hence why Saban campaigned for rules slowing down the game. But “heavier” harkens back to AJ McCarron when they’ve been hoisting Heismans very recently…with “wide open” gunslingers like Tua and Bryce. More pertinent to this discussion, I wouldn’t be signing on with this scheme if I’m hoping to be the next DeVonta Smith.
I was concerned that the Orange Bowl officiating crew did not let us run our tempo at normal speed. They would just stand right by the center and hold the ball. They would not place the ball. Really Milton needed to run the tempo full speed or as near as he could ( for the game but also for next year) and the officials simply would not allow it, contrary to the rules. Everyone will remember they finally flagged Heup for pointing out each down that the refs were stopping play illegally. Every down. My greater concern is that refs will do that next year. I know Saban is trying to legislate our offense awsy. But there, in the nowl game the refs just took it upon themselves, despite the rules.

Last edited:
I was concerned that the Orange Bowl officiating crew would not let us run our tempo. They would just stand right by the center and hold the ball. They would not place the ball. Really Milton needed to run the tempo full speed or as near as he could ( for the game but also for next year) and the officials simply would not allow it, contrary to the rules. Everyone will remember they finally flagged Heup for pointing out that the refs were stopping play illegally. Every down. My greater concern is that refs will do that next year. I know Saban is trying to legislate our offense awsy. But there, the refs just took it upon themselves, despite the rules.
But eventually they relented in that same game. I like Dan White to be ahead of any future attempts. He knows the process.

In relation to the 3 and 6 scheduling model coming up for football in 2024, I decided to see how many times we have played certain SEC rivals and then I added GA Tech into this as well for comparison's sake. Also, the SEC began in 1933, officially. Essentially, this is pretty much the original SEC, for those of us that are old enough to remember and while I include GA Tech, I'm excluding Sewanee and Tulane. So, here are the results:
Vanderbilt - 108, Kentucky - 108, Alabama - 105, Ole Miss - 65, Florida - 62, Auburn - 54, Georgia - 52, Mississippi State - 46, GA Tech - 44, and LSU - 34. One thing that sticks out to me, and I became a Vols fan in 1972 is that we have played GA Tech a decent amount more than LSU. To this day, I can't stand the Yellowjackets and/or the ramblin' wreck of GA Tech, and GA Tech left the SEC in 1963. We have only played Auburn, Georgia, and Miss State a little more than GA Tech. My point is, and I realize my opinion is no more important than anyone else, but in this 3 permanent opponents and play the other 12 every other year deal, the 3 and 6 model, I'll be very surprised if our three aren't Vandy, Kentucky and Bama. Think about it, in the 60 years before the SEC expanded and split into the East and West divisions, we played Georgia only 21 times, if my math is correct. 21 times in 60 years.. Florida we played 31 times in the first 60 years. That also means that in that first 60 years we played Ole Miss and Auburn a good bit, and that is what I remember.. The SEC schedule was always, and in order back in the day: Auburn, Bama, Ole Miss, Kentucky and Vandy, with the 6th conference game thrown in there either before the Tide or after them, and after GA Tech but before Ole Miss, if it was after Bama. I will say that for my fellow Vols fans who think it won't be Kentucky, and that is possible - although UK will scream bloody murder if that happens, I would think it would be Florida before Georgia and honestly as a throwback to "old school" tradition, even Ole Miss before Georgia. In my opinion, Auburn and Georgia would be pretty much equal, but I still think of Auburn before Georgia, in other words I would prefer Auburn to Georgia, not because I'm afraid to play Georgia, but because we just never played them, and finally it won't be South Carolina, that is part of the modern SEC and they are definitely not an historical rival for the Vols. Honestly, I would rather play GA Tech every year as to play South Carolina, if it came down to it. Sorry for the long post... GO VOLS!

I wanna see the NT winner play the worst record NFL team..A twist on the CCAS game back in the day
That would generate a lot of money. 2022 GA would get smoked. A true Combine though even if collegiate national All Star team. Pro scouts would have better vision IMO

Reactions: ACvol3
Lol. You can make stats say whatever you want. Most of those losses where from his first couple years in the league, and playing while injured. Those playoff losses was when he returned from baseball just in time for the playoffs.
Lol no its not. They were before pippen joined the bulls. He never won a playoff series w/o pippen. Keep disregarding the facts b/c it doesnt fit your opinion 😂

Lol no its not. They were before pippen joined the bulls. He never won a playoff series w/o pippen. Keep disregarding the facts b/c it doesnt fit your opinion 😂
To be honest, the Bulls only made the playoffs 2 out of the previous 9 seasons without MJ.
Two of those early Jordan playoff losses were to Boston…..

Reactions: butchna and Vols4us

The Bulls hadn’t made the playoffs the 3 years before Jordan and made them in his rookie year when he averaged 28.2 points. The next year, he broke his foot, missed 64 games, returned for the playoffs and scored 63 against the Celtics. The following year, he averaged 37.1 points per game, and lost again to the Celtics. Yea, facts are facts.

The Bulls hadn’t made the playoffs the 3 years before Jordan and made them in his rookie year when he averaged 28.2 points. The next year, he broke his foot, missed 64 games, returned for the playoffs and scored 63 against the Celtics. The following year, he averaged 37.1 points per game, and lost again to the Celtics. Yea, facts are facts.
The point is he LOST in first round. Meanwhile James was taking his trash roster to the nba FINALS at the age of 22. Jordan was still living in a dorm room 😂. Yea, facts are facts.

It amazes me to this day if you pull up and read articles or watch old videos and interviews of Wilt Chamberlain and his exploits both on the basketball court and even some of his feats in track & field how incredible he was for his era. And that doesn't even take into account the wild partying and all the supposed sexual exploits he had. And back in those days none of the players cared about "load management" lol. They brought it every single night. I'm not saying he's the goat but still an amazing career in any era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back