Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved watching Shaq from his LSU days thru his Laker years but Hakeem owned him.
After I posted it, I saw some posts about Hakeem and I thought about changing my pick for center but the "Orlando Shaq" was the most dominant center I had ever seen. I also thought about putting Giannis over Duncan

Last edited:
My 13 man roster:
Magic, Bird, Jordan, Lebron, KAJ, Maravich, Chamberlin, Duncan, Hakeem, Russell, Curry, Thomas, Baylor
I didn't see Maravich, Wilt, Bill Russell, or Elgin play, so I listed from the 80s and up.

My 2nd team would be:

PG- Stephen Curry
SG- Kobe Bryant
SF- Kevin Durant
PF- Giannis Antetokounmpo
C- Hakeem Olajuwon

Reactions: Jackcrevol
I didn't see Maravich, Wilt, Bill Russell, or Elgin play, so I listed from the 80s and up.

My 2nd team would be:

PG- Stephen Curry
SG- Kobe Bryant
SF- Kevin Durant
C- Hakeem Olajuwon
Not gonna lie, my second team has Dominique Wilkins.

I know he's not as illustrious as some others. But was one of my all timr faves.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
#1 Points
#4 Assists
#9 3 Pointers Made
#32 Rebounds
#1 Clutch Time Points
#9 Steals
#3 Total minutes played

All-time numbers in NBA history. Horrible take. If you’re building a team, he is on it. No question
I agree. You can be a hater to an extent before it's just stupidity. Bron haters are clearly illogical.

PG- Magic Johnson
SG- Michael Jordan
SF- Larry Bird
PF- Tim Duncan
C- Shaquille O'Neal

Would be my starting 5.
My 2nd team would be:
PG- Stephen Curry
SG- Kobe Bryant
SF- Kevin Durant
C- Hakeem Olajuwon

My final 3 players for a 13 man roster:

LeBron James
Kevin Garnett
Dominique Wilkins

GO VOLS

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Before the NBA evolved into an open court 3 pt game, how would you rank your top 5 all-time big true 5's? Here is mine:
1. Hakeem
2. Chamberlin
3. Jabbar
4. Bill Russell
5. Willis Reed

I listed Hakeem 1 because of his ability to dominate on both ends.

Yea Shaq has to be in there somewhere.

Mine is

1. Lou Alcindor
2. Shaq
3. Dream
4. Wilt
5. Mr. Russell

I could flip Dream and Shaq.

Reactions: berryvol
In an era that overly favors offense. Superstars of old would straight up dominate now. Bird and Pistol Pete would be unstoppable. Guys like Jordan and Drexler would make some of these young guys look silly.
Pistol Pete couldn’t get the ball across half court in today’s NBA. The NBA of the 70s and 80s is like high school ball compared to the athleticism that all positions have now.

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
My nba team in no order

MJ,
Olajuwon,
Iverson,
Bryant,
Bird,
Shaq,
Barkley,
Magic,
Kareem,
wilt,
bill Russell,
Oscar Robertson
Karl Malone…..

My Old nba and more modern nba team would be tough to beat
Very few guys nowadays would make it in the nba of the 80s and 90s when you would get your ass whipped going for a layup. Todays nba is easier imo, more talent overall in the league but not a ton of effort or defense. Yea Lebron is good, but these guys would’ve done the same thing he’s doing if they played in todays game….. And would’ve done it better

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back