Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
See my update. You're the one that said:

I brought up his NBA future because it's a pretty big deal and it felt like I was reading a narrative wanting his future destroyed because of all of this, and I wanted to know what the facts of the matter were so I could get an idea of whether I felt such punishment would fit the crime. If you never said that then keep reading. It wasn't about you.

I never called anyone an evildoer for wanting to end it. I asked questions to try to understand if he'd done something to deserve having his life destroyed.

See, that's twice that you've basically lied about what I have said. The first was.

The second was just now:

Again, I was asking questions to see if I would disagree or agree with the folks wanting to see his career ended before it began. I made no moral statements about them.

You really should step back if you're upset enough to be that intellectually dishonest in dialog. Whether you want to step back or not, I will, as it's a waste of time to discuss this with someone wanting to do so in that way.

I'll bid you again to a blessed evening.
I’m not upset…nor “intellectually dishonest”. Keep your advice.

butchna does make a good point that the player in question has looked like an absolute dooj after the fact.
Totally agree. You know good and well he told that walk on to do the pat down. Absolute shame that the kid got kicked off the team and nothing happened to Miller. I hope the kid loses millions from this, but I don't think he should be prosecuted and I don't think he should be forbidden from playing until we find out if he knew what was going to be done with the gun.

How is returning someone's property to them a bad decision? Based on available info, that's all we know for sure happened.
It wasn’t being RETURNED. “Available info” i.e the text received, indicated he NEEDED it because of another party. Otherwise it could’ve waited.

How is returning someone's property to them a bad decision? Based on available info, that's all we know for sure happened.

Do you often return weapons to people in the middle of the night at a club where that person has been drinking? Does that seem like a great idea?

It’s not like he returned a toaster.

Totally agree. You know good and well he told that walk on to do the pat down. Absolute shame that the kid got kicked off the team and nothing happened to Miller. I hope the kid loses millions from this, but I don't think he should be prosecuted and I don't think he should be forbidden from playing until we find out if he knew what was going to be done with the gun.
Did the kid get kicked off the team? I think that was just a baseless rumor….A sports reporter I followed…. Stated it was an octagon entrance that they had done all year….

Whole reason he hasn’t (and won’t be) charged is because you can’t KNOW what “he knew”. You’d hope he’s not so brain deficient that he couldn’t connect the dots…with a Bama provided death machine in the form of a Dodge Charger available to him.

Link? I haven’t seen that in the articles I have read….there seems to be a lot of made up info on social media that’s just not true.

It’s been in a lot of publications. The quote:

“According to Miles’ defense attorney Mary Turner, Miles texted Miller at 1:38 a.m. the day of the shooting, saying ‘I need my joint [gun] a [slur] rl jus got a fakin.’”

I’ve not seen this refuted, even by Miller’s defense attorney. But, to be fair, it’s still an alleged text.

What’s MISSING is he transported a murder weapon to the scene of a crime. And a young mother’s memory is being downplayed by the coach and the team. Maybe it isn’t “illegal” but it’s ******* WRONG that her family has to hear from the coach that his star player got lost on the way to Albuquerque. It’s WRONG that his own teammate made a joke of patting him down during introductions. It’s WRONG that he didn’t text back his homie “HELL NAW!” over bringing him a loaded gun because some girl disrespected him when he hit on her. He does things differently and that girl’s alive. That’s what’s MISSING.
I gave this a like, wished I could more. Going on your post. What’s missing, a family is grieving, what’s missing is that family not only has to grieve, but relive their grief every day by news reports that keep it open for them. What’s missing is that Alabama kept that piece of shi! Still playing when this is a active case. What’s missing is that bama thought it was ok for him to go through with their ‘Pat down’ thing when this should be hanging over their head when it was clearly in poor taste. What’s missing is their give a damn or anyone on here that tries to excuse it. What’s missing is more people putting themselves in that poor family’s perspective. If it would have been a Tennessee player involved, I’d say the damn same thing.

I gave this a like, wished I could more. Going on your post. What’s missing, a family is grieving, what’s missing is that family not only has to grieve, but relive their grief every day by news reports that keep it open for them. What’s missing is that Alabama kept that piece of shi! Still playing when this is a active case. What’s missing is that bama thought it was ok for him to go through with their ‘Pat down’ thing when this should be hanging over their head when it was clearly in poor taste. What’s missing is their give a damn or anyone on here that tries to excuse it. What’s missing is more people putting themselves in that poor family’s perspective. If it would have been a Tennessee player involved, I’d say the damn same thing.
Amen

Are we talking in la la made up land or reality?

Reality is he has neither been found guilty, nor even charged with such a thing...

What is the point in even discussing these things if we are just making things up? Maybe we could at least discuss this with actual evidence and the actual realities present at this time.
He took a gun to a drunk friend who then used it in a murder. The fact you are defending him speaks volumes of your character.

So, what am I missing? An Alabama football player did something that isn't against the law, that many of us have done several times (i.e. taken someone their gun). Even the DA has said it wasn't against the law and there's nothing to charge.

But because someone besides the Bama player made the decision after the fact to kill someone with the gun, Bama should sit the player and possibly burn him at the stake?

Is there more to this, or is it just irrational Bama hate that wants to see a young man's future forever ruined?

You’re missing a lot. Miller should be suspended indefinitely at the very least for PROVIDING THE GUN that was ultimately used to kill a single mother. How people can’t see that baffles me. All he had to do is say no when Miles asked him to bring the gun.

Reality is he has neither been found guilty, nor even charged with such a thing...

What is the point in even discussing these things if we are just making things up? Maybe we could at least discuss this with actual evidence and the actual realities present at this time.

Here’s my problem with this: there may not be enough there to charge BM with anything. If that’s the case, fine. Shouldn’t charge someone with a crime if the evidence isn’t there to support it.

With that being said, is not being charged with a crime the only standard we should use when determine if a kid should be allowed to participate in college athletics? Regardless of whether or not his actions were criminal, BM’s actions did play a hand in a young mother losing her life. If that doesn’t justify at least a suspension, I’m not sure what does.

Here’s my problem with this: there may not be enough there to charge BM with anything. If that’s the case, fine. Shouldn’t charge someone with a crime if the evidence isn’t there to support it.

With that being said, is not being charged with a crime the only standard we should use when determine if a kid should be allowed to participate in college athletics? Regardless of whether or not his actions were criminal, BM’s actions did play a hand in a young mother losing her life. If that doesn’t justify at least a suspension, I’m not sure what does.
Exactly. The UF player had his scholarship pulled because he said the N word that was in a song. Plenty of people lose their job by posting something offensive online that has nothing to do with their job in any way.

What evidence are you referring to? The only evidence we've heard is the detective's testimony under oath. We have a letter from Miller's lawyer that makes a lot of claims, none of which have been verified or proven. He did transport the gun that was used in the murder. He did receive a text from his teammate asking him to bring the gun. He was there when the the young lady was killed. He was close enough that his windshield got hit with bullets. This is pretty much all that is known by the general public. None of this is made up. There are questions that need answers. He should be sitting until those answers are known.

I guess that's what I'm asking. And I am ASKING.

First, he didn't transport a murder weapon any more than I'd transported a murder weapon when I took my brother his pistol. In this case, it became a murder weapon AFTER (I'll join in the all caps) the gun left his control. And he didn't deliver it to the scene of a crime. It became the scene of a crime after the gun left his control.

I agree this is terribly sad and should have never happened.

I agree that the way Bama has handled this has been a bad look.

I agree the player in question has handled it looking like a punk, and if the walk-on was kicked off the team for the pat-down, the player who posed for the mock pat-down should have been kicked off the team as well.

I was just curious which parts made this man a criminal, and which parts should have had his future destroyed.

The way I read it now, it's a really, really bad look if nothing else, and it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all to see every NBA team go hands-off with him in the draft. However, I doubt that happens.
I’m just going by my experiences with my friends, I assume they are friends, but if a friend asks me to bring a gun somewhere, I’m sure as hell going to ask him/her why. Because if it’s used in a felony, you become a accessory to a crime whether you knew about it ahead of time regardless.

I guess that's what I'm asking. And I am ASKING.

First, he didn't transport a murder weapon any more than I'd transported a murder weapon when I took my brother his pistol. In this case, it became a murder weapon AFTER (I'll join in the all caps) the gun left his control. And he didn't deliver it to the scene of a crime. It became the scene of a crime after the gun left his control.

I agree this is terribly sad and should have never happened.

I agree that the way Bama has handled this has been a bad look.

I agree the player in question has handled it looking like a punk, and if the walk-on was kicked off the team for the pat-down, the player who posed for the mock pat-down should have been kicked off the team as well.

I was just curious which parts made this man a criminal, and which parts should have had his future destroyed.

The way I read it now, it's a really, really bad look if nothing else, and it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all to see every NBA team go hands-off with him in the draft. However, I doubt that happens.
His future wasn't "destroyed". He still has one. The young mother that was killed, now she had her future destroyed.

I don’t think blocking the road comment was accurate…..From what I read he was at another close location and asked to come and pick them up to take them somewhere else… he was told to make sure he had the gun with him that the other guy left in the car…. I’m not sure that is enough to make him an accessory unless there is proof that he knew something was going down.
The blocking has been disputed by his attorney. That does not mean it's inaccurate. It might be inaccurate, but we still don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back