Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found out last night while talking to my son a good friend of his was fishing in a tournament this past Sat. on Old Hickory Lake and hit a large stump that somehow knocked his motor loose and the motor flipped up into his boat and practically cut, gouged and chewed him up pretty badly. He is in the trauma unit at Vanderbilt. My son said he was alone in his boat but luckily two other fishermen heard the noise and saw what had happened and saved his life. He's 32 and pitched at Wilson Central HS. Wasn't too long ago he lost his mother to cancer Keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Damn, respect to Will Anderson. I mean obviously seeing how he got handled this year it was pretty obvious Wright was the best OT he faced, but appreciate the respect shown with that answer.

Also for those that don't follow, the combine starts tomorrow (with actual workouts/drills/etc.) so you'll be seeing lots of tweets and such today and into this weekend about players.

Sadly I think Jeremy Banks is going to tank his draft stock in the interviews I hope he does well enough in the workouts to get drafted just so we have another player go, but I'm honestly glad he's gone. Think he was a locker room cancer that we had to put up with because of depth and talent concerns at that position. (didn't help Mitchell was a big time miss in the portal as well)

So basically the police have recovered some video evidence of the racing...likely from the cell phone(s) of the deceased.

The only way they'd pursue an arrest in that situation is with hard evidence. Jalen Carter's tags and face likely in the video as well to place him there.

I have seen multiple mock drafts with Julian Phillips in the first round. I think you have to make the jump if they are predicting you to go in the first round. I totally agree that Phillips is extremely raw on offense, but I think NBA scouts are interested in his athletic abilities, his defense, and his measurables. All of these NBA teams think they can teach the shooting, whereas they can't teach height or speed.

The other thing to keep in mind is that the NBA and NBPA are going to agree to a new contract which will remove the restriction of 18 year olds being drafted. It's possible the 2024 draft is the "double draft" where all the freshman stars as well as the best high school players are eligble to be drafted. He could get pushed to the second round or undrafted status because of the talent in front of him.

For as good as Chandler was for us, he was always facing an uphill battle based on his size. It's just so difficult to be an effective NBA player under 6'2. Selfishly, I wish he would have stayed, but then again, if you're mocked in the first and told by scouts they like you in the first, you have to go. The NBA prioritizes youth and potential over college performance. It's rare for guys choosing to stay another year to improve their stock. Guys like Grant Williams are exceptions, not the standard.

Or the Inbred Cup
Don't be a hater. This is part of our new NIL deal with NASCAR.

Seriously though, I wondered how long it would take for these expensive high powered vehicles to become a big problem. I'd say any current UGA players found to be racing that night deserves 4-6 games suspension and loss of driving privileges for 6 months. First offense for future reckless driving or DUI gets the same. 2nd offense dismissed.

So basically the police have recovered some video evidence of the racing...likely from the cell phone(s) of the deceased.

The only way they'd pursue an arrest in that situation is with hard evidence. Jalen Carter's tags and face likely in the video as well to place him there.
He lied to the police multiple times. That and leaving the scene of the accident and failing to render aid is what’s going to cost him.

He lied to the police multiple times. That and leaving the scene of the accident and failing to render aid is what’s going to cost him.
Racing? While under the influence? Leading to two fatalities?

And leaving the scene is what will do him in? Obstructing?

I would saythe subsequent 2 vehicular homicide charges would be his biggest concerns. If they arent, they should be.

Any good faith his celebrity enjoyed is now kaput by his lying. He will see the full 30 years.

Reactions: SoilVol
Don't be a hater. This is part of our new NIL deal with NASCAR.

Seriously though, I wondered how long it would take for these expensive high powered vehicles to become a big problem. I'd say any current UGA players found to be racing that night deserves 4-6 games suspension and loss of driving privileges for 6 months. First offense for future reckless driving or DUI gets the same. 2nd offense dismissed.

At ANY school. No player in any sport at any school should think they are entitled to endanger the lives of other people (See Miller, Brandon).

Joel is worse. He talks too much for a guy that is consistently wrong. Claimed he got beat by Maryland and were ranked outside the top 15 after that and the Arizona loss. The next week we were ranked 7 and beat MD. Smh.
Id rather listen to wrong all day than Harrington's dumb ass.

I listen to 1310 the Ticket every morning then spotify the rest of the day. 99.9% of sport talk is unlistenable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back