Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Racing? While under the influence? Leading to two fatalities?

And leaving the scene is what will do him in? Obstructing?

I would saythe subsequent 2 vehicular homicide charges would be his biggest concerns. If they arent, they should be.

Any good faith his celebrity enjoyed is now kaput by his lying. He will see the full 30 years.

Unlikely. Leonard Little was involved in a crash where he was driving intoxicated and killed the person he hit. No jail time.

Carter wasn't impaired and from what's been released didn't even cause the accident in question directly. He likely will have things settled before the draft even occurs honestly.

Reactions: Geronimo
So what do they charge him with? Is it vehicular homicide if both were willingly racing? Do the other occupants of the crashed car, the ones that survived (including another Georgia OL), do they get charged as well? I'm not against charges, I'm just not sure what they are. This case seems murkier than what happened in Bama, and we see what happened there.

The seriousness of what he's charged with will determine just how bad his draft status is hurt. I also wonder if this will ultimately be plead out?

So what do they charge him with? Is it vehicular homicide if both were willingly racing? Do the other occupants of the crashed car, the ones that survived (including another Georgia OL), do they get charged as well? I'm not against charges, I'm just not sure what they are. This case seems murkier than what happened in Bama, and we see what happened there.

The seriousness of what he's charged with will determine just how bad his draft status is hurt. I also wonder if this will ultimately be plead out?

Reckless driving & racing it says were the warrants.

Don't be a hater. This is part of our new NIL deal with NASCAR.

Seriously though, I wondered how long it would take for these expensive high powered vehicles to become a big problem. I'd say any current UGA players found to be racing that night deserves 4-6 games suspension and loss of driving privileges for 6 months. First offense for future reckless driving or DUI gets the same. 2nd offense dismissed.
Was Dumas-Johnson racing too? They said he was "on scene".

Reckless driving & racing it says were the warrants.
I wouldn't expect those to carry a serious sentence, but I could be wrong. If he gets off light, it shouldn't affect his draft status too much. The families of the deceased will have a good civil suit, should they choose to pursue.

Reactions: jpope9

Racing. Occupants of the vehicle wouldn't face any criminal liability because they are mere passengers. If the female driver had lived, then she would be facing a vehicular homicide charge because she was intoxicated and driving recklessly.

I wouldn't expect those to carry a serious sentence, but I could be wrong. If he gets off light, it shouldn't affect his draft status too much. The families of the deceased will have a good civil suit, should they choose to pursue.

I'm not sure they do honestly...seems like the driver of the crashed vehicle was at more fault than anything.

I think civil suits would be pursued against the university of Georgia. The vehicle crashed wasn't a personal vehicle, it actually belonged to the university.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Racing. Occupants of the vehicle wouldn't face any criminal liability because they are mere passengers. If the female driver had lived, then she would be facing a vehicular homicide charge because she was intoxicated and driving recklessly.
If they got in the car knowing she had been drinking, which obviously they did, does that not make them de facto accessories?

I'm not sure they do honestly...seems like the driver of the crashed vehicle was at more fault than anything.

I think civil suits would be pursued against the university of Georgia. The vehicle crashed wasn't a personal vehicle, it actually belonged to the university.
True, there's a case against the university, but I would think there would be one against Carter as well. If they were indeed racing, it was a contribution to the crash.

Reactions: Leeleesteeth
giphy.gif
Man what a shame we lost that guy. (Chris Farley I mean)

Truly hate to read about the additional details. I take no joy from it, irrespective of how bad it looks for Georgia. Two young people lost their lives and I would say that Carter's life is forever altered as well. Just for the record, I am not saying you think differently. Just wanted to get my thoughts out there.
I take no joy in two people losing their lives. Hopefully it doesn't come across that way. I'm just trying to discuss what happened and the legal ramifications, objectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back