Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
First I'd ask for a specific example. Miami a few years ago doesn't count because the investigators got ahead of themselves and had to drop it. Second I'd ask the rhetorical question of whether you've been in a coma since the 80's? We don't get the same treatment. ;)
Missouri sanctions: Should you cooperate with NCAA or not? - SBNation.com

Here is one example…. I know what the excuse if for Auburn not getting punished for Cam Newton was as well but it was ridiculous….Besidee Lawyering up and making it extremely difficult on the NCAA….. we gave them info to use against our school that the NCAA never would have found out.

Since the 80’s…. Doug Dickey never let the NCAA around when he was on campus…. We were cheating like crazy during the 90’s.

Missouri sanctions: Should you cooperate with NCAA or not? - SBNation.com

Here is one example…. I know what the excuse if for Auburn not getting punished for Cam Newton was as well but it was ridiculous….Besidee Lawyering up and making it extremely difficult on the NCAA….. we gave them info to use against our school that the NCAA never would have found out.

Since the 80’s…. Doug Dickey never let the NCAA around when he was on campus…. We were cheating like crazy during the 90’s.
Watch out for the grains of salt as I disregard a SBNation rag article as a procedure manual.
How do you KNOW they wouldn’t have found out? It was out there about the payments with Nieds and Felton and Pruitt’s wife being involved. A whistleblower inside the program slapped the other allegations on Plowman’s desk. Leave it to all the experts who do everything else in the world for a living to advise a CHANCELLOR to cover up. Then they disappear when the fit hits the shan. And Dickey wasn’t a Chancellor…he was an AD. Fulmer didn’t “let the NCAA around when HE was on campus” either. No one inside the HC’s circle flipped on Majors or Fulmer. So there’s no comparable beta test.

From a poster on Volquest regarding thoughts/opinions Jimmy Hyams had today.

"Besides being a great dancer Jimmy had some thoughts on 104.5 about the NCAA stuff. Blaine asked him what was the hold up. Jimmy said that TN and Pruitt are not agreeing to the punishment. Jimmy believed that TN will win their request from the NCAA. He was actually really positive about TN's outcome. He said Pruitt and Ansley were fighting really hard against their outcome. He said Pruitt will get hit the hardest."

"Besides being a great dancer Jimmy had some thoughts on 104.5 about the NCAA stuff. Blaine asked him what was the hold up. Jimmy said that TN and Pruitt are not agreeing to the punishment. Jimmy believed that TN will win their request from the NCAA. He was actually really positive about TN's outcome. He said Pruitt and Ansley were fighting really hard against their outcome. He said Pruitt will get hit the hardest."
Hope that's true. They deserve it, we don't

As Pruitt should be.

Ofc the institution has to be punished too, undoubtedly, similar to the corporate world...the ongoing entity has to feel the bite itself, I get that. Otherwise there is incentive in terms of moral agency to keep cheating from those at the very top or institutionally.

We have pre-punished ourselves. Some think that should always cover it. Sometimes yes, sometimes it doesn't. Ofc if you assault someone and pre-punish yourself with house arrest for a month...that's nice and all...doesn't mean it will cover your punishment either. Just not black and white. Though it feels we were secure in our pre-punishment and maybe not so much now, whether duped or ignorantly sunshiney (depending on if you believe John Brice or Low or Jimmy).

I can see further minor punishment. And that seems to be the mindset of everyone outside of John Brice. I just don't want a bowl ban and with the NCAA's new constitutional blahblahblah about not punishing current SAs, I doubt we get it. More schollies and recruiting stuff, I could see.

We'll be just fine, having cheated in one of the most egregious ways possible while relieving ourselves of a terrible coach. Whether or not the NCAA knows, we've come out way ahead with Heupel. This simulation is pretty good. Much better than the one a few years ago of shiz football, baseball, and down in basketball. Great times ahead regardless of these shiz punishments.

Last edited:

Good! He should get a 5-10 year show cause.

Nah, man. Even if I had bet it, yet. It would have been my choice. So, it's always on me. Classy, I see where your username came from
If they arent my picks, I just put a small amount it if use them. Even if they are my picks, I still just put a little on them. 😆

I like the entertainment of being right or seeing how close I can get.

Last year I picked 30/31 1st rd tournament games correctly. I was wrong on the last game of the round. Crazy. Parlay only went to 20 legs though.

Screenshot_20220318-172138~2.png

I said something about this a few months back and it’s worth repeating. This offense has the ability to maximize the TE position in a variety of ways. The mismatches would be insane.
Choice plays where the LB, or safety is in conflict, will allow the TE to play fast and keep at least 1-2 defenders occupied while opening the run. It’s that .5-1 second of defensive delay and indecision.
We ran a lot of what looked like typical RPO sets that featured the TE. I have a feeling more times than not, it was actually a “choice” route for the TE

Pretty much all of our receivers routes are choice routes.

The RB will stay with original route unless he lines up in the slot and reads different

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back