Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they arent my picks, I just put a small amount it if use them. Even if they are my picks, I still just put a little on them. šŸ˜†

I like the entertainment of being right or seeing how close I can get.

Last year I picked 30/31 1st rd tournament games correctly. I was wrong on the last game of the round. Crazy. Parlay only went to 20 legs though.

View attachment 538903
What game were you wrong about?

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
The ESPN app sucks for baseball. It gives you the score, but absolutely nothing else.

I donā€™t think it did that last yearā€¦but I donā€™t remember.

I hope they do better once we reach SEC play.
I donā€™t know that they ever had live counts and runners and stats. I still donā€™t know of a phone app that does it.

From a poster on Volquest regarding thoughts/opinions Jimmy Hyams had today.

"Besides being a great dancer Jimmy had some thoughts on 104.5 about the NCAA stuff. Blaine asked him what was the hold up. Jimmy said that TN and Pruitt are not agreeing to the punishment. Jimmy believed that TN will win their request from the NCAA. He was actually really positive about TN's outcome. He said Pruitt and Ansley were fighting really hard against their outcome. He said Pruitt will get hit the hardest."
As he should

"Besides being a great dancer Jimmy had some thoughts on 104.5 about the NCAA stuff. Blaine asked him what was the hold up. Jimmy said that TN and Pruitt are not agreeing to the punishment. Jimmy believed that TN will win their request from the NCAA. He was actually really positive about TN's outcome. He said Pruitt and Ansley were fighting really hard against their outcome. He said Pruitt will get hit the hardest."

Iā€™m glad heā€™s positive about it, but letā€™s hope itā€™s not based on info from 3 months ago.

I hope he gets about a 7 year show cause.

Watch out for the grains of salt as I disregard a SBNation rag article as a procedure manual.
How do you KNOW they wouldnā€™t have found out? It was out there about the payments with Nieds and Felton and Pruittā€™s wife being involved. A whistleblower inside the program slapped the other allegations on Plowmanā€™s desk. Leave it to all the experts who do everything else in the world for a living to advise a CHANCELLOR to cover up. Then they disappear when the fit hits the shan. And Dickey wasnā€™t a Chancellorā€¦he was an AD. Fulmer didnā€™t ā€œlet the NCAA around when HE was on campusā€ either. No one inside the HCā€™s circle flipped on Majors or Fulmer. So thereā€™s no comparable beta test.
You could have just said that you wouldnā€™t listen to any other point of youā€¦. I never mentioned the chancellor( that was different poster) I was talking about Tennessee response which I feel the majority falls at the feet of the AD.

As for someone internally turning us in during the 90ā€™sā€¦. We were turned in for the academic scandal of 1999ā€¦. We suspended 4 players for the Memphis game and had cleared them one week later in time for the Auburn gameā€¦. That is how we use to roll!!!

You could have just said that you wouldnā€™t listen to any other point of youā€¦. I never mentioned the chancellor( that was different poster) I was talking about Tennessee response which I feel the majority falls at the feet of the AD.

As for someone internally turning us in during the 90ā€™sā€¦. We were turned in for the academic scandal of 1999ā€¦. We suspended 4 players for the Memphis game and had cleared them one week later in time for the Auburn gameā€¦. That is how we use to roll!!!
And the AD was FULMERā€¦EVERYTHING ā€œfellā€. Feet not the least of it. In the academic scandal, people got fired. Here Fulmer, Pruitt, Nieds, Felton etc got fired. Not seeing the sand pounding in either case. Iā€™m not sure what your first sentence was about. I can assure you that my posted take is thought outā€¦not fly by night reactionary. Itā€™s not subject to change unless you got something better than Dickey worship to consider.

If the NCAA gives us a hard time, it will be seriously overplaying its hand. It already has a tenuous ability to enforce its bylaws, let alone an almost fictional purpose at this point. Literally no member institution will voluntarily comply if we get hit beyond the beating weā€™ve already taken. JMO, could be the nail in the coffin.

Reactions: volsfan_17
ā€œIt was just a competitive environment, everybody competing to get a spot. Weā€™re here now. There was no reason I should have been not playing to help my team get in the playoffs and compete for a national championship.ā€ -Jeremy banks

We weren't "turned in" in 1999...a writer for ESPN was on the warpath to bury us. Same reporter who revealed Fulmer was the whistle-blower about Bama.

ā€œIt was just a competitive environment, everybody competing to get a spot. Weā€™re here now. There was no reason I should have been not playing to help my team get in the playoffs and compete for a national championship.ā€ -Jeremy banks
Oh. Ok Jeremyā€¦ā€¦.:rolleyes:

Why are they giving him a choice? He fkd up and they know he did so hand him his punishment and walk away.

Bama loses again.

Reactions: Volunteer821

ā€œI did it all myself and everyone else was just thereā€.

other than that landmine you laid for yourself, then stepped on it

as he should.

else the ncaa is teaching its children that lying pays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back