Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
“It was just a competitive environment, everybody competing to get a spot. We’re here now. There was no reason I should have been not playing to help my team get in the playoffs and compete for a national championship.” -Jeremy banks
If I cared more I’d look into the whole situation. If only I did 😒.

“It was just a competitive environment, everybody competing to get a spot. We’re here now. There was no reason I should have been not playing to help my team get in the playoffs and compete for a national championship.” -Jeremy banks
Where’d you see that quote?

Talking heads at halftime of the Bama-AU game saying we won't be able to overcome losing Zeigler and any hopes of a Final Four are gone. Would be amazing to prove them wrong but it's a huge loss.
Zig is a big loss, but any team that pins their hopes on just one player deserves to not make it out of the first round of the March Madness. Let’s see what this team can do going forward.

Zig is a big loss, but any team that pins their hopes on just one player deserves to not make it out of the first round of the March Madness. Let’s see what this team can do going forward.
We looked REALLY good without ZZ on the floor. It makes us longer defensively. Arkansas had a really hard time. I think every team will going forward. It hurts us one way, but it works out in another way. We can overcome it with elite defense.

We looked REALLY good without ZZ on the floor. It makes us longer defensively. Arkansas had a really hard time. I think every team will going forward. It hurts us one way, but it works out in another way. We can overcome it with elite defense.

I hope you’re right. But he’s an ELITE defender, fart in a skillet… and one less 3-point shooter. It worked out last night for sure. We’re a weird team. No telling what this does.

I hope you’re right. But he’s an ELITE defender, fart in a skillet… and one less 3-point shooter. It worked out last night for sure. We’re a weird team. No telling what this does.
As long as we don't lose anyone else I think it'll work out. Maishack is a monster defensively as well. He'll get more playing time which will help with his development for next year.

As long as we don't lose anyone else I think it'll work out. Maishack is a monster defensively as well. He'll get more playing time which will help with his development for next year.
And Mashack is doing something offensively that nobody else on this team does…driving aggressively to the basket looking to score!

Doing this creates space for Santi and the other 3-point shooters.

I wish Phillips would do more driving to the basket.

Huge ZZ fan, but he’s a streak shooter. We played great without him by attacking the basket. Because of his size, even though he can beat a guy off the dribble, ZZ struggles finishing around the rim. If we keep up the aggressiveness we played with last night, we’re an elite 8 team.

All season, we’ve been playing way too passive offensively and settling for crappy jumpers, which we’re bad at. We’ve also seen big discrepancies in FTs, which was largely a function of our beta offense (rather than refs). Yesterday, we showed we can attack the basket and our bigs can clean up the misses. That will get us way further than playing how we have been.

Hate to lose ZZ, but we finally played like we should given the guys on our roster.

All season teams have been gathering insight and methods to shut down Tennessee's efficiency and offense with Ziegler. Especially getting him into foul trouble. This is not a slight on Ziegler. Sometimes it has worked, especially with injuries to other guys. Bottom line, we are better with him on the court.

The silver lining is this: We played very well without him last night. We got Phillips and JJJ back healthy, and their time down gave Mashack the opportunity to show what he has. Mashack is fresh. He hasn't endured a season's worth of bruises and punishment because he didn't play much early. JJJ looked as good as ever last night.

Teams don't have any data on this combination. This can cause problems for other teams this late in the season with no film. I think it could be interesting.

What I'm concerned about is this: Can Vescovi stay out of foul trouble and be an adequate PG by limiting turnovers? He can sometimes get into tight spots. He's going to be asked to play a lot of minutes and he's already super dinged up. Can he stay healthy? Secondly, can JJJ stay healthy? If his knee gives again that could be it. We will need him to play his best basketball.

All season teams have been gathering insight and methods to shut down Tennessee's efficiency and offense with Ziegler. Especially getting him into foul trouble. This is not a slight on Ziegler. Sometimes it has worked, especially with injuries to other guys. Bottom line, we are better with him on the court.

The silver lining is this: We played very well without him last night. We got Phillips and JJJ back healthy, and their time down gave Mashack the opportunity to show what he has. Mashack is fresh. He hasn't endured a season's worth of bruises and punishment because he didn't play much early. JJJ looked as good as ever last night.

Teams don't have any data on this combination. This can cause problems for other teams this late in the season with no film. I think it could be interesting.

What I'm concerned about is this: Can Vescovi stay out of foul trouble and be an adequate PG by limiting turnovers? He can sometimes get into tight spots. He's going to be asked to play a lot of minutes and he's already super dinged up. Can he stay healthy? Secondly, can JJJ stay healthy? If his knee gives again that could be it. We will need him to play his best basketball.
Can Vescovi hit FTs????

Thanks for this! OH is going through an episode of hepatic encephalopathy triggered by low sodium, low potassium, and an infection so I missed getting to watch this one. (It's like dealing with a very mobile dementia/alzheimer's patient except it usually clears up when things are set to rights but when it is going on it is absolutely exhausting mentally, emotionally, and physically.)

We were in the hospital about a week and a half ago and honestly, they let him come home too soon, imo, and now I have to deal with it and that is tricky when you don't want to lose hospice service but hospital visits are often the only way to set him to rights (the trip cost us his old service despite them telling me to take him to the ER) and when it gets really bad he becomes a danger to himself. But they had over a hundred waiting on beds in the ER so it was out the door.

Alright, so 3rd Seed Lady Vols play Friday.

The winner of Florida v Kentucky will play Alabama. Vols get the winner of that game.

I think the girls have an outside chance of beating LSU in the semis. If they can make the finals or at least play close with LSU then I think they'll earn the 4 seed and Knoxville will host.
I’m here!!!
1677741330373.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back