Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that mean he was playing a pickup game with a gun on his person? How would that even work? Why? And why is an NBA superstar playing streetball with high school kids? So many questions.

Ja has been known to play in pick up games in local gyms or invite guys over to his house, both local high school and college players. I would assume that has stopped now.

I don’t believe he was playing with a gun on him. The two got into a dispute, and the report is that the teenager threw the ball at him and came toward him. So, Ja hit him back. The gun was reportedly inside, but the report also said the teenager left by threatening the party and saying he would come back. This incident isn’t that concerning to me. The cumulative stuff though is getting concerning because there are now a few incidents.

Apparently we’re offering every high school senior who has ever played football before.
They sure as shite aren't returning email to sophomores. My son has emailed every coach multiple time, and nada. Granted, hes a white boy from WV, but 6'0 180 4.56 rb/db. We know he's not sec caliber, but was atleast hoping to get a response for bragging rights! lol

The SEC. Tourney is going to be a blood bath.
1 is really good but struggling.
2. Is a decent team.
3. Isn't anything special but somehow snuck into a 3 seed.
4-7 is a log jam.
Arky is a dangerous lower seeded team
MSST is decent.
Florida was decent before Castleton got hurt.
The rest just suck

I still think A&M is a trash team, they have benefited greatly from favorable officiating in league play.

39 FTAs vs 14 in their win over Auburn (at home)
34 FTAs vs 14 in their win over TN (at home)
36 FTAs vs 11 in their win over Vandy (at home)
32 FTAs vs 21 in their win over Missouri (at home)

Having watched them play quite a few times this year I don't think they do anything more than other teams who get less calls. I don't know what it is, but seems like every year the SEC has a team that isn't really great that gets a ton more calls than the rest of the league and it makes them a better team than they actually are.

This year it's A&M, last year it was Arkansas and all their flopping. Last year in their last two games of the season Arkansas got a combined 25 FTAs...they averaged over 22 a game on the season. Meaning the tournament officiating wasn't giving them friendly whistles like the SEC officiating did. I expect the same thing to happen to A&M come tournament time.

SECT will be pretty entertaining though. I think Vandy, Arkansas, and Missouri all have chances to upset someone.

Reactions: Vols4us
I still think A&M is a trash team, they have benefited greatly from favorable officiating in league play.

39 FTAs vs 14 in their win over Auburn (at home)
34 FTAs vs 14 in their win over TN (at home)
36 FTAs vs 11 in their win over Vandy (at home)
32 FTAs vs 21 in their win over Missouri (at home)

Having watched them play quite a few times this year I don't think they do anything more than other teams who get less calls. I don't know what it is, but seems like every year the SEC has a team that isn't really great that gets a ton more calls than the rest of the league and it makes them a better team than they actually are.

This year it's A&M, last year it was Arkansas and all their flopping. Last year in their last two games of the season Arkansas got a combined 25 FTAs...they averaged over 22 a game on the season. Meaning the tournament officiating wasn't giving them friendly whistles like the SEC officiating did. I expect the same thing to happen to A&M come tournament time.

SECT will be pretty entertaining though. I think Vandy, Arkansas, and Missouri all have chances to upset someone.
I can't decide on AM, but also have to admit I haven't watched a ton of them. From our game though I just thought kind of based on their style it influenced calls to go their way.

Interesting read

Good, they NBA is about to start letting 18 year olds enter the draft again. I'm all for it, I'd rather less 1 & dones personally. I still think baseball has the best model. You can either the draft OR enter college, but you're staying in college 3 years if you pick that path.

I can't decide on AM, but also have to admit I haven't watched a ton of them. From our game though I just thought kind of based on their style it influenced calls to go their way.

They drive to the rim a lot so I do think they earn a good bit of calls, what baffles me is the way they play defense and get no calls.

So most games I've watched it's extremely frustrating, one end they get a call then on the other end they defend harder and more physical and there isn't a call. Just very inconsistent and for it to always seem to happen in their favor it's gotta piss other teams off.

Auburn had been in the top 4 in FTAs nearly every year that Pearl has been there. He still has the same guards he's had, but for some reason this year they've dropped to 5th and last year they were 7th in conference despite having 2 NBA forwards and 4 different players that attempted 5+ 2PT shots a game on average.

Just weird...especially when you consider that Quenton Jackson was a driver for A&M last year yet he only got 5 FTAs a game.

This year though Taylor and Radford are both averaging more FTAs a game than Jackson did.

Man...Auburn blew a huge lead to Bama and lost in OT. Then Vandy beats Kentucky in Rupp on a last second shot and the evening was topped off by LSU blowing a huge lead and losing to Missouri.

Bama clinches the SEC regular season title at 16-1
A&M is 2nd regardless of their next game at 14-3 (they play Bama at home next)
Kentucky drops to 11-6 (but owns tie breaker beating us twice)
Tennessee sits at 11-6
Missouri is now 10-7
Vandy is now 10-7

We need to beat Auburn to secure 4th place and the double bye. If we lose and Missouri wins they'll jump us with the head to head. Vandy we split with so not sure they'd jump us (would depend on tie breakers).

Of course Vandy gets Mississippi State at home and Missouri will host Ole Miss.

Kentucky will finish their season at Arkansas, so if we win and they lose we could still get a 3 seed.
We beat Mizzou early in year, right? So head to head wouldn’t matter.

We beat Mizzou early in year, right? So head to head wouldn’t matter.

We split with Vandy, but only played Mizzou once and it was here and we lost.

Kentucky and Mizzou are the only two teams in conference that own the head to head and can be seeded over us at this point.

Florida beat us, but is too many games behind.
A&M beat us, but is too many games ahead so it doesn't matter.

In short we're a game ahead of Mizzou and Vandy. We win and we're a 4 seed (3 if Arkansas beats Kentucky). If we lose then we will drop out of the top 4 if Mizzou wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back