Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the highlights of that Kentucky/Florida incident.

And the very first thing I thought when the Florida girl tried to throw the ball and missed (badly) was, "man, bignewt will have a field day!"
my older son has threatened to throw something at me…. I told him…. I would rather him throw something at me than him throwing at someone else….. less of a chance that I get hit. 😂

So the major networks are trying to figure out how to shrink sports broadcasts. Though every year it is confirmed that people love to watch sports, and if sports are on TV, people will watch.

But we're going to shorten these games to make room for the talking heads segments on ESPN? For the reruns of syndicated TV on the major networks?

Ok.

If the big 3 ever want to kill their networks (especially CBS & NBC) they will remove live sports broadcasting.

1. consistently the highest viewed programs are sporting events
2. it's one of the few programs that still get watched live (and thus ads aren't skipped/avoided easily)

Last edited:
So the major networks are trying to figure out how to shrink sports broadcasts. Though every year it is confirmed that people love to watch sports, and if sports are on TV, people will watch.

But we're going to shorten these games to make room for the talking heads segments on ESPN? For the reruns of syndicated TV on the major networks?

Ok.

Bro. Those Murder She Wrote reruns aren't gonna watch themselves.

Zig is a big loss, but any team that pins their hopes on just one player deserves to not make it out of the first round of the March Madness. Let’s see what this team can do going forward.
That statement is not accurate at all in basketball...how many titles would Chicago have won without MJ...the Lakers without Magic...the Celtics without Bird?...and as far as that goes, the same can be said of football at the QB position.

Losing one of the best PGs in all of CBB is a huuuuuge massive wound, and it is probably insurmountable for this team unless a couple of players..say JJJ and Santi..go on long hot streaks.

If the big 3 ever want to kill their networks (especially CBS & NBC) they will remove live sports broadcasting.

1. consistently the highest viewed programs are sporting events
2. it's one of the few programs that still get watched live (and thus ads aren't skipped/avoided easily)
I don't watch a lot of shows but when I do it's on a streaming service. I hate waiting a week in between episodes. Just let me wait and binge the whole season in a couple of days.

Analytics has figured out that the strikeout is not the worst AB possible…. It is the ground ball. Look at these stats:

Gorman Thomas .244 avg 98 runs 123 rbis league leading 175 SO’s

Andruw Jones .251 avg 34 HRs 104 runs 104 RBI’s 142 SO’s

Tony Gwynn .370 avg 7 hrs 119 runs 54 RBIs 35 SO’s

Both of the 2 strikeout guys accounted for more runs than one of the best pure hitters of all time… he batted 3rd or fourth in the padres lineup as well.
I don't give a crap...analytics is ruining baseball.

Who is in charge of the Moran Invitational Bracket Challenge this year?

Edit: Womens Bracket is what Im talking about. Im so pumped!
are you talking about the March madness tournament?
I did it a couple years ago on ESPN, but they've changed it up. You have to download their fantasy app.

I'll see how it works and start one if someone else hasn't already done it.

Reactions: bignewt
Analytics has figured out that the strikeout is not the worst AB possible…. It is the ground ball. Look at these stats:

Gorman Thomas .244 avg 98 runs 123 rbis league leading 175 SO’s

Andruw Jones .251 avg 34 HRs 104 runs 104 RBI’s 142 SO’s

Tony Gwynn .370 avg 7 hrs 119 runs 54 RBIs 35 SO’s

Both of the 2 strikeout guys accounted for more runs than one of the best pure hitters of all time… he batted 3rd or fourth in the padres lineup as well.
Uh, no. Give me a couple days and I will refute it better.

are you talking about the March madness tournament?
I did it a couple years ago on ESPN, but they've changed it up. You have to download their fantasy app.

I'll see how it works and start one if someone else hasn't already done it.

They have done that for a few years. Its their specific march madness app. You just delete it after the tournament. Not a biggie.

I think you can also access your bracket through the fantasy app. I keep that on my phone for football/baseball so I already have that bad boy.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
To be honest, at the end of the Bama/Burn game they had a bigger toss-up than that one. But of course Bama is protected property in the SEC and I haven't seen a single headline about it. (2 players and 1 coach for Bama got ejected too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back