Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very anticlimactic for 8 people to get ejected.

Yeah. Not sure I would've ejected anyone. I would've given a whole bunch of Technicals and paused the game. That wasn't that bad. UK girl popped that ball in UF girl's face and UF girl went after her for it but ultimately it wasn't much more than players getting too heated. Pause it. T them up. Play on. Let them know ejections will happen if they so much as glare at one another again.

Yeah. Not sure I would've ejected anyone. I would've given a whole bunch of Technicals and paused the game. That wasn't that bad. UK girl popped that ball in UF girl's face and UF girl went after her for it but ultimately it wasn't much more than players getting too heated. Pause it. T them up. Play on. Let them know ejections will happen if they so much as glare at one another again.
Wanna be a referee or are you overqualified? That’s exactly what should have happened. That’s how a referee stays out of the game. Like it should be.

Reactions: UTProf
What do you remember from Neyland this year?View attachment 539006

henry-to-oto-o-meets-with-reporters-following-52-49-loss-at-tennessee.jpg

Wanna be a referee or are you overqualified? That’s exactly what should have happened. That’s how a referee stays out of the game. Like it should be.

As long as the chippy isn't too bad then I tend to think that stuff like this can be handled without ejections, especially in tourneys when teams are fighting for a possible NCAA seed. It's only when it gets dangerous or an injury happens that I think you need to go as far as an ejection. This was just tit for tat that looked worse because players got up from their seats.

As for a ref'ng, I have a strong sense of fairness. Think that would DQ me?

They drive to the rim a lot so I do think they earn a good bit of calls, what baffles me is the way they play defense and get no calls.

So most games I've watched it's extremely frustrating, one end they get a call then on the other end they defend harder and more physical and there isn't a call. Just very inconsistent and for it to always seem to happen in their favor it's gotta piss other teams off.

Auburn had been in the top 4 in FTAs nearly every year that Pearl has been there. He still has the same guards he's had, but for some reason this year they've dropped to 5th and last year they were 7th in conference despite having 2 NBA forwards and 4 different players that attempted 5+ 2PT shots a game on average.

Just weird...especially when you consider that Quenton Jackson was a driver for A&M last year yet he only got 5 FTAs a game.

This year though Taylor and Radford are both averaging more FTAs a game than Jackson did.

Taylor flops. I won’t be shocked if he gets a technical in the NCAA tournament when he encounters some non-SEC officiating.

The thing that bugs me is that Henry came here for money and got it. Then when the ish hit the fan he was one of the first rats to hop off the sinking boat...goes to Bama who essentially was the highest bidder (according to the rumor mills). And then the SOB makes a little sizzle or whatever about his return to Neyland and how it's "strictly business"

We've got the NCAA trying to drop a hammer on us over all this....Henry didn't miss a snap, Bama isn't having to explain or do anything and the SOB will be in the NFL before the dust settles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back