Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been slow on the catch-up for The Last of Us, but the Nick Offerman (Ron Swanson) episode was a complete gamechanger. My group thread is saying it deserves a spot among the best episodes in tv history (however long that is). Hard to disagree. Long-TV form at its finest.

Reminds me of the Teddy Perkins episode from Atlanta. It just said forget everything you ever expected from this show - we don't gaf - here's a cinematic curveball, enjoy.

I've been slow on the catch-up for The Last of Us, but the Nick Offerman (Ron Swanson) episode was a complete gamechanger. My group thread is saying it deserves a spot among the best episodes in tv history (however long that is). Hard to disagree. Long-TV form at its finest.

Reminds me of the Teddy Perkins episode from Atlanta. It just said forget everything you ever expected from this show - we don't gaf - here's a cinematic curveball, enjoy.
I have enjoyed the show overall. That episode was my least favorite though. 🤷

Reactions: all_volz
I have enjoyed the show overall. That episode was my least favorite though. 🤷
It was a deep departure, for sure. I was meh on the first few episodes feeling a bit generic for the genre, but that one flipped it for me. It became more than just an "escape the zombies" trope and dove into the history and devolution of society and communities and individual relationships. Was cool to see.

But if you love the first few, I could see not wanting to see a temporary departure. I loved Atlanta's episodes from the beginning, but Teddy Perkins - a legendary TV episode - only cemented to me how innovative a show it was and would continue to be. Guess that's why I like Offerman's episode as well. It's not afraid to expand and go off the rails rather than every episode being basically the same. To each his own - seems we agree the show is good.

Reactions: captainfalcon777

Yeah, that was really good. I love that they haven’t been afraid of veering off to expand deeper into the storylines like that one and Sam and Henry. Won’t surprise me to see Offerman, Bartlett and the boy who plays Sam all win awards for their performances.

I didn’t play the game, I was Xbox over PlayStation when it was out, but from what I’ve heard it follows the storylines pretty well but while injecting their own touch on it to keep it fresh. That’s always such a tightrope to walk and they’ve done it well from friends I’ve talked to that player the game.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Yeah. Not sure I would've ejected anyone. I would've given a whole bunch of Technicals and paused the game. That wasn't that bad. UK girl popped that ball in UF girl's face and UF girl went after her for it but ultimately it wasn't much more than players getting too heated. Pause it. T them up. Play on. Let them know ejections will happen if they so much as glare at one another again.
I think they did it the right way….I think they only ejected the girl that threw the basketball…. The other 7 DQ’s were automatic due to league rules about leaving the bench area.

Reactions: SmokinBob
The thing that bugs me is that Henry came here for money and got it. Then when the ish hit the fan he was one of the first rats to hop off the sinking boat...goes to Bama who essentially was the highest bidder (according to the rumor mills). And then the SOB makes a little sizzle or whatever about his return to Neyland and how it's "strictly business"

We've got the NCAA trying to drop a hammer on us over all this....Henry didn't miss a snap, Bama isn't having to explain or do anything and the SOB will be in the NFL before the dust settles.
Bingo

I think they did it the right way….I think they only ejected the girl that threw the basketball…. The other 7 DQ’s were automatic due to league rules about leaving the bench area.

Damn if we have an automatic DQ for that then it's a bad rule imo. A discretionary DQ for it I do agree with but not an auto one.

It was a deep departure, for sure. I was meh on the first few episodes feeling a bit generic for the genre, but that one flipped it for me. It became more than just an "escape the zombies" trope and dove into the history and devolution of society and communities and individual relationships. Was cool to see.

But if you love the first few, I could see not wanting to see a temporary departure. I loved Atlanta's episodes from the beginning, but Teddy Perkins - a legendary TV episode - only cemented to me how innovative a show it was and would continue to be. Guess that's why I like Offerman's episode as well. It's not afraid to expand and go off the rails rather than every episode being basically the same. To each his own - seems we agree the show is good.
I am a bit all over the place, lol. I did but care for the 1st episode and almost chose not to watch after that. Decided to give the 2nd episode a try and I enjoyed it. Liked the context and storyline that was starting to develop. Full disclosure: I never played the game.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Alex Murdaugh’s luck finally ran all out

That is such an incredibly bizarre case. I listened to a podcast on it about a year ago, before it really blew up nationally and he and his buddies were into so many things. It's a prime example of how in small towns things can become incredibly corrupt. It's easy for a few families to control everything.

As to the murders... I don't think Alex was the only one involved. 2 different guns and blood splatter evidence as well as his history make me think he likely didn't do it alone and might not have even been the actual shooter (wouldn't put it past him to have led the shooters there and left before the killings or to have hired someone to help him). His attempt to kill himself by hiring someone to shoot him in the head shows that he's not beyond it.

Couldn’t agree more. Oscar worthy episode, even my extremely conservative family members loved it

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back