Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
He likely wants LSU to go away. He's made a huge deal about keeping TSiO when UT was in the gutter and Auburn is the in-state rival, so he wants a weaker third leg on his stool.
I'll say it again. Nobody cried for VOLS when we were stuck with Bama, Florida and Georgia for years and years and years.

I've always respected Saban over the years, but after the last 12 months, he has been nothing but a whining bitch.
Same. Have lost so much respect for him. Imo, all of his bitching and bellyaching has shown just how big of an advantage they have had...he can't stomach those advantages are disappearing.

Same. Have lost so much respect for him. Imo, all of his bitching and bellyaching has shown just how big of advantage they have had...he can't stomach those advantages are disappearing.
It always was. He had the best roster that he could buy, and the talent advantage was bigger than what most teams could overcome. He isnt half the coach people think he is.

You could have just said that you wouldn’t listen to any other point of you…. I never mentioned the chancellor( that was different poster) I was talking about Tennessee response which I feel the majority falls at the feet of the AD.

As for someone internally turning us in during the 90’s…. We were turned in for the academic scandal of 1999…. We suspended 4 players for the Memphis game and had cleared them one week later in time for the Auburn game…. That is how we use to roll!!!

Interesting quote from this article.
Tennessee Football: History suggests NCAA issues are no concern - Off The Hook Sports

Tennessee is known for self-reporting, compliance, and working with the NCAA to resolve infractions. Former UT athletic director Doug Dickey believed in being an “open book” when the NCAA came calling. That has served the Vols well. While Dickey is long gone, his practice of working with the NCAA – and not fighting the governing body – to resolve some pretty serious issues is still in place.

Same. Have lost so much respect for him. Imo, all of his bitching and bellyaching has shown just how big of an advantage they have had...he can't stomach those advantages are disappearing.
I wouldn't say so much, but I agree I've lost respect for him the past couple years with all the whining.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
From somebody that covered the program.
So now we are liking/believing Dave Hooker…. Don’t think he was exactly a favorite of UT….. even suspended his credentials over the inky Johnson incident….. I worked for and was fairly close to Dan Mizell…. He was Phil Fulmer’s best friend and also close friends to Thunder Thornton…. They both came in the store I worked at all the time… I had inside connections during that time…. Doug Dickey(who I personally didn’t like but came to respect) kept an iron gate around that football program… The NCAA got he wanted to allow them to see… it is why coach O’Neill left us for Northwestern bc Dickey didn’t treat the basketball program the same way.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back