Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone that shows fear playing the Cock Commanders (I’m still laughing on that being considered as a name change for them), should hope we get Vandy, MS state and Missouri as our new rivals. Weak as hell. What does ‘sack up mean’? 😁
"Sack up" is a colloquial term used to describe the need for testicular fortitude. A synonym would be "grow a set".

True… he wasn’t taken to jail unless I missed something…. Maybe we arguing two different things.
I think we must be.

The officer said to him, quote, "The break you're getting is I'm not taking you to jail. That would be all in the news wouldn't it?"

Saying, he wasn't going to take him to jail even though he could. And if he did he knows it would be big news.

And the overarching point was that Georgia football clearly has been having a problem with their players speeding, driving recklessly, and racing. That was just another example.

So Verizon is running a promo that discounts the Xbox Series S to $150 this month and I thought to myself "oh, this is the best news I've heard in a while. Absolutely perfect for this gamer girl, whose birthday is in 8 days and who spent the week before in the hospital with the OH and this week trying to keep it all together while taking care of him in the face of all the delusions, hallucinations, compulsions, confusion, and hard falls that led to the hospital visit and that were retriggered by an infection that developed days after he got out. Although, I'd prefer the bigger Xbox Series X over the S or a PS5 so I could play God of War (I mean who wouldn't?), this would still be perfect to help give me the escape that I so desperately need at times. Finally, a lucky break for me! Yay I can afford this! Here comes my birthday present!"

But noooooo, I click on the link, go to my Verizon account, look at the Verizon Up offers and Verizon tells me all offers have been claimed. It's been 3 days on a promo that's supposed to last all month. Now, IDK if this is just for me or if all claims have been made/expired for everyone in 3 days but if any of you are Verizon customers and can manage to claim that 50% off code and don't want to purchase an Xbox, I'd be super grateful if you'd give me your promo code so that I could use it. If you can claim the code and want to purchase one, don't feel bad (I totally understand bc it's an insanely good deal).

Why does the universe tease me so? Just when you think you're getting a lucky break, you get kicked hard instead.*sigh*

To add on to that, men's college basketball is in a scoring slump and has been for a long time now. College teams are averaging 65-70 points per game while NBA teams are averaging ~100 points per game. This is an older article but it covers a lot of things. Like the fact that scoring is down to what it was in the 1950s.

» The Clampdown: How the NCAA Accidentally Killed Scoring in Men’s College Basketball

There's also an article on Bleacher Report that cites a lot of data on the problem of college scoring or rather the lack of it.

Why is Scoring Down in College Basketball

This is probably the worst time for offense in men's CBB since the sport first started getting serious attention and serious athletes. Scoring has been declining for decades and it's something that the NCAA could fix if they wanted to.

Last edited:
South Carolina and Kentucky are both **** tier programs but only one considers us their #1 rival, only one has played us 100+ times, and only one has a hated border war rivalry with us and it's Kentucky. No way we should get stuck with SC over them.
Im good with it. Either way.

So Verizon is running a promo that discounts the Xbox Series S to $150 this month and I thought to myself "oh, this is the best news I've heard in a while. Absolutely perfect for this gamer girl, whose birthday is in 8 days and who spent the week before in the hospital with the OH and this week trying to keep it all together while taking care of him in the face of all the delusions, hallucinations, compulsions, confusion, and hard falls that led to the hospital visit and that were retriggered by an infection that developed days after he got out. Although, I'd prefer the bigger Xbox Series X over the S or a PS5 so I could play God of War (I mean who wouldn't?), this would still be perfect to help give me the escape that I so desperately need at times. Finally, a lucky break for me! Yay I can afford this! Here comes my birthday present!"

But noooooo, I click on the link, go to my Verizon account, look at the Verizon Up offers and Verizon tells me all offers have been claimed. It's been 3 days on a promo that's supposed to last all month. Now, IDK if this is just for me or if all claims have been made/expired for everyone in 3 days but if any of you are Verizon customers and can manage to claim that 50% off code and don't want to purchase an Xbox, I'd be super grateful if you'd give me your promo code so that I could use it. If you can claim the code and want to purchase one, don't feel bad (I totally understand bc it's an insanely good deal).

Why does the universe tease me so? Just when you think you're getting a lucky break, you get kicked hard instead.*sigh*
Not sure how firm you are on $150 but you can find a bunch of Series S consoles on Ebay for less than $200 if you are really after one.

Reactions: UTProf

No offers currently.

No offers currently.

Makes me wonder if they did the crappy Black Friday thing that some stores got heat over where like only 10 items are actually there in store but they make everyone think you can get it if you're there early. And FWIW, thanks for checking. 😀

Reactions: Devo182
Makes me wonder if they did the crappy Black Friday thing that some stores got heat over where like only 10 items are actually there in store but they make everyone think you can get it if you're there early. And FWIW, thanks for checking. 😀
Ive never understood the Verizon UP thing. Seems horribly mismanaged.

Reactions: ionaVOL and UTProf
Not sure how firm you are on $150 but you can find a bunch of Series S consoles on Ebay for less than $200 if you are really after one.

I really do want one. I'm mainly a PC gamer but I miss being able to share games with the other half. When I run my PC through the Steam app to show it on the tv, there's just too much lag and the experience just isn't that good. The more serious I get about adding a console though the more I debate with myself which one. But at $150 that's an instant take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back