Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reports coming out the Titans are possibly shoppin Derrick Henry.. how stupid would that be then again its the Titans. Might as well make it 2yrs in a row that you get rid of your top players

Reactions: Smokey19rt and ugg
Reports coming out the Titans are possibly shoppin Derrick Henry.. how stupid would that be then again its the Titans. Might as well make it 2yrs in a row that you get rid of your top players
It's actually smarter than you think. Henry is a one dimensional guy. He's got mediocre at best hands and he's horrible in pass pro, like won't even attempt to block bad. Your basically telegraphing what you plan to do with him in the game. Not to mention he's wearing down, get something while you can if you can.

Last edited:
Maybe the Vikings haven't learned their lesson from Herschel trade, so we should try them first.

I see the argument that it isn't stupid too. Love Henry. Means everything for the franchise but if you're thinking about the future, he will likely never be more valuable than he is right now. Running back's days are always numbered. Would love for him to retire a Titan but a trade could free up a ton of cap space, get another 1st rd pick and move up in the first, probably another 1st next year, and put the Titans in position to take their future QB like Young or Stroud. They have Stroud at the top of their board. With that draft capital and cap space they can beef the offensive line. You'd have Tannehill, Dobbs, Willis, and whatever QB you draft to roll this season. Could trade Tannehill for more cap space and draft picks or a position of need.

The Titans can rebuild with Henry for sure but seeing what the options are with him is smart... unlike what we did with AJ Brown last year.

It's actually smarter than you think. Henry is a one dimensional guy. He's got mediocre at best hands and he's horrible in pass pro, like went even attempt to block bad. Your basically telegraphing what you plan to do with him in the game. Not to mention he's wearing down, get something while you can if you can.
I actually wonder if Henry could prolong his career by seriously working on his route running and pass catching. If so, he'd be more versatile and could actually transform himself in a TE or a versatile RB/TE role like Patterson does with RB/WR.

Reactions: Smokey19rt

Not a great RB class in the draft and he's 29. I love the guy, but he does have 4 seasons where he failed to reach 1100 yards and has really only had 3 good/great years in his career as a Titan. Agree with newt that if you're going to shop him this is the best year to do it, he had a good bounce back season and likely some value can be gotten in a trade.

Last edited:
It's actually smarter than you think. Henry is a one dimensional guy. He's got mediocre at best hands and he's horrible in pass pro, like went even attempt to block bad. Your basically telegraphing what you plan to do with him in the game. Not to mention he's wearing down, get something while you can if you can.
Hearing reports Titans are ready to go into a full rebuild. If that's the case, then now is the time to make the trade. Henry is still a great back with value, but for how much longer? He's only getting older. If the goal is a rebuild, he's probably your biggest piece in making that happen. The real question is how much value does a RB carry in the current NFL? We've seen through the draft that RBs aren't as valued as they once were.

They should. Running backs have a short shelf life. You need a QB and WR to win in this league.

They should. Running backs have a short shelf life. You need a QB and WR to win in this league.
Titans need to move on from RT. They hamstrung this team when they traded away Brown. Their current window is closed. They have to retool for the future. Hopefully the new GM knows what he's doing.

I actually wonder if Henry could prolong his career by seriously working on his route running and pass catching. If so, he'd be more versatile and could actually transform himself in a TE or a versatile RB/TE role like Patterson does with RB/WR.
At this point in his career I think he is what he is. Although I agree, he'd be much more valuable and multiple if he could pass block and was a better receiver.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoilVol
Rebuild both lines, suffer a bad season or two, draft a franchise QB and WR with the high draft picks that come with those bad seasons. Work free agency. Titans have to be smart.

Not a great RB class in the draft and he's 28. I love the guy, but he does have 4 seasons where he failed to reach 1100 yards and has really only had 3 good/great years in his career as a Titan. Agree with newt that if you're going to shop him this is the best year to do it, he had a good bounce back season and likely some value can be gotten in a trade.

I actually question what you could get for him in a deal. He has a lot of miles. No one is going to want to give him a new contract. Doubt you'd get a first rounder honestly.

Yeah I don't think you'll get a first rounder for Henry. But if you can get a 2nd or 3rd and then some later picks in this year or next year's draft then you'd take that.

I also don't think this team will be intentionally tanking or having a bad season as they rebuild. The defense got snake bit with injuries and still nearly carried them into the playoffs so there are some pieces on that side already. Vrabel is a damn good coach too and him having a (hopefully) better GM to find better pieces to build the roster should allow the Titans to compete soon.

Not to mention if they manage to land a legit franchise QB in the next 2 years that alone could be enough to put them over the top.

Reactions: SoilVol
Combine Results:

Hyatt - Total Score 89: 1st among WRs
Young - Athleticism Score 82: 4th among EDGE
Banks - Athleticism Score 79: 7th among LBs
Tillman - Total Score 78: 12th among WRs
Wright - Total Score 84: 3rd among OT
Total Score? LOL. Based on whose system?

I think the most likely 1st Vol to be drafted is one of these 3 depending on how the board goes.

Hyatt, Young, Wright

I think the best value pick will be either Hooker (if he's 3rd round or later) and Tillman (if he's taken 3rd round or later)
I think Wright will be the first Vol off the board, and I'm not sure that it will be close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back