Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla founder Elon Musk is originally from South Africa, which is strange.

You'd think he was from Mad-at-gas-car.
that-is-pathetic-as-hell-tyler-perry.gif

I'm going to respond just incase others are confused as well and you're not simply a troll. The scores are on the nfl.com website and if you go to NFL.com, then select "Combine" it'll take you to the combine home screen and then select tracker, any single player you click on is then going to show you those 3 scores for them like I shared in the picture of Jalin. The Athleticism Score wasn't populated until after the combine results were completed. Also if you are looking at a player's profile from the combine you can hover over the information icon for their Score Breakdown and it tells you how they derive the scores. Hyatt is the only Vol that's sitting near the "Elite" category with his 89 total score. Hooker is the next highest sitting at 87 and Wright is at 84. The rest of our players are below the 80s for these total scores that NFL.com is creating (not me).

View attachment 539688

So the Athleticism score is estimated for Hyatt because he didn't do all the drills.
Thanks for that reply. I could tell that they had some information on how they calculated the scores. I just couldn't locate the scores on there website.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Thanks for that reply. I could tell that they had some information on how they calculated the scores. I just couldn't locate the scores on there website.

No problem. I have always hated how the NFL website works it's a damn headache to navigate.

Basically from the NFL.com website grades/rating Hyatt is the #1 WR (that attended the combine). Now will he be the first WR drafted? Who knows. The NFL teams have their own personnel to do all this grading/rating and will not give 2 spits about what the nfl.com website has or who Mel Kiper has on his board as "best available"

No problem. I have always hated how the NFL website works it's a damn headache to navigate.

Basically from the NFL.com website grades/rating Hyatt is the #1 WR (that attended the combine). Now will he be the first WR drafted? Who knows. The NFL teams have their own personnel to do all this grading/rating and will not give 2 spits about what the nfl.com website has or who Mel Kiper has on his board as "best available"
Based on reading through the scale of the overall grades, it looks like NFL.com basically thinks this year's WR class sucks. They have Hyatt ranked #1 in the class with a "boom or bust" rating.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
...and yet he's looking to potentially trade the biggest battering ram in the NFL since Earl Campbell. I think his actions are speaking louder than his words.
Trading him while he still has value. That can change quickly.

Based on reading through the scale of the overall grades, it looks like NFL.com basically thinks this year's WR class sucks. They have Hyatt ranked #1 in the class with a "boom or bust" rating.

Yep, I think the weakness of this WR class is one reason Hyatt left early. He as a player could have returned and added more production AND more size next year. But likely could have lost draft stock because of how good next year's WR class likely will be.

So leave early and be one of the first few WRs taken in a weak class (still likely drafted in round 1 or 2) OR return and "improve" your draft stock, but be in a better WR class and still likely be drafted in round 1 or 2...

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Yep, I think the weakness of this WR class is one reason Hyatt left early. He as a player could have returned and added more production AND more size next year. But likely could have lost draft stock because of how good next year's WR class likely will be.

So leave early and be one of the first few WRs taken in a weak class (still likely drafted in round 1 or 2) OR return and "improve" your draft stock, but be in a better WR class and still likely be drafted in round 1 or 2...
So, is Marvin Harrison Jr. staying at Ohio State another year? I thought all the analysts thought he was the greatest wide receiver to ever set foot on a field.

I think Wright will be the first Vol off the board, and I'm not sure that it will be close.
What do you consider close? I think Hyatt goes late first or second round. If someone really values a RT, Wright could go in the first, but I could also see him slipping to the second. Young is probably a 2-3 rounder just on potential. I could see Tillman being a third-round pick, but likely slips into day 3 of the draft unless he has an amazing pro day. I could see someone taking a chance on Hooker anywhere from round 3 to a third day pick. Banks is a Day 3 pick IMO. I'm hoping someone takes a late flyer on Carvin, but he could easily end up as an UDFA.

All that to say I do think you're undervaluing Hyatt. It's between him and Wright, IMO, as to which Vol gets drafted first.

Reactions: SoilVol

He won the Biletnikoff and torched Alabama. Not a lot more he could do to increase his value. I doubt he's the first WR drafted simply because he's not the "prototypical" NFL WR, but he still has late first round/ second round value.

I agree with trading him. I'm saying that your new GM is FOS.
Not a Titans fan. Big part of a GM’s job is selling your assets. So a quote neither proves or disproves your opinion. That plays out in a 2-3 year timeframe.

There are always a few HOF or at least consistent Pro Bowl level players in every year’s panned position groups. Marvin Harrison Jr wasn’t even considered Ohio State’s best prospect at the beginning of last season. I do believe in striking while the iron is hot. Too many things can go wrong.

Little known fact is if you show the cashier your VN likes count and it’s >100k, you get half off bacon egg and cheese biscuits at Hardee’s.

So if you’re short of that number but want to save on such breakfast deliciousness, simply posting “Thanks Rusty” under every secking condescending post is good for some cheap likes. Every time.

Little known fact is if you show the cashier your VN likes count and it’s >100k, you get half off bacon egg and cheese biscuits at Hardee’s.

So if you’re short of that number but want to save on such breakfast deliciousness, simply posting “Thanks Rusty” under every secking condescending post is good for some cheap likes. Every time.
Does he even post anymore?

Titans gave up a second and sixth for Julio. Not getting anything better than that for Henry. IMO, you still trade him. Dude has had more than 300 touches in 3 of the last 4 seasons. That’s a lot of miles. Take whatever you can get.

At this point in his career I think he is what he is. Although I agree, he'd be much more valuable and multiple if he could pass block and was a better receiver.
I thought the same about Patterson a few years ago. The way he's managed to reinvent himself is incredible. I think Henry is gifted enough and healthy enough to do it.

I mean if he at least works on becoming a passing threat that would be huge and add a dynamic to an offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back