Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a great RB class in the draft and he's 28. I love the guy, but he does have 4 seasons where he failed to reach 1100 yards and has really only had 3 good/great years in his career as a Titan. Agree with newt that if you're going to shop him this is the best year to do it, he had a good bounce back season and likely some value can be gotten in a trade.
I think there are some guys you can get in the lower rounds that will be really good backs. Abanakanda from Pitt is going to be one of the best from this class.

I see the argument that it isn't stupid too. Love Henry. Means everything for the franchise but if you're thinking about the future, he will likely never be more valuable than he is right now. Running back's days are always numbered. Would love for him to retire a Titan but a trade could free up a ton of cap space, get another 1st rd pick and move up in the first, probably another 1st next year, and put the Titans in position to take their future QB like Young or Stroud. They have Stroud at the top of their board. With that draft capital and cap space they can beef the offensive line. You'd have Tannehill, Dobbs, Willis, and whatever QB you draft to roll this season. Could trade Tannehill for more cap space and draft picks or a position of need.

The Titans can rebuild with Henry for sure but seeing what the options are with him is smart... unlike what we did with AJ Brown last year.
There is no way you get two first round picks for Henry in a trade. You might be able to get one. He's 29, which historically is an age that many QB's go over a cliff in production. On top of that, he's got WAY more mileage than most running backs, and a bruising style that doesn't usually lead to a long career. His peak value was more like two or three years ago.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Not a great RB class in the draft and he's 28. I love the guy, but he does have 4 seasons where he failed to reach 1100 yards and has really only had 3 good/great years in his career as a Titan. Agree with newt that if you're going to shop him this is the best year to do it, he had a good bounce back season and likely some value can be gotten in a trade.
He's 29.

Titans will run the ball with whoever is back there. I think trading Henry is the right move. The offense benefits him frankly. Trade him while you can. Get some capital back and draft one of the few in the draft. A lot of good quality backs in this draft

Reactions: Clevegasvol
How early you think he goes?
My thought of where he could land (unless someone trades up to get him, and I doubt that will happen for a right tackle) are #14 to New England, #17 to the Steelers, or #21 to the Chargers. From what I've heard, he has impressed everyone immensely during the Senior Bowl and combine.

Titans will run the ball with whoever is back there. I think trading Henry is the right move. The offense benefits him frankly. Trade him while you can. Get some capital back and draft one of the few in the draft. A lot of good quality backs in this draft
I like Keaton Mitchell in the 7th round. That’s if they don’t use an early pick on a running back.

Reactions: VolNash17
Based on the NFL.com combine results. They give each player a grade, then each player gets 2 scores production score and athleticism score. The Total is them I guess averaging between those 2 scores.

View attachment 539681
I don't think this "Total Score" means what you think it means. This looks to me like a "Production Score" based off of the player's production in college (at least the last season if not their entire college career) and an "Athleticism Score" which clearly says that it's an estimate. I don't think these scores have anything whatsoever to do with the NFL combine. Of course, I also couldn't locate these scores anywhere on the NFL.com website, so I couldn't click into any of the links to read a description of the scoring methodology.

I don't think this "Total Score" means what you think it means. This looks to me like a "Production Score" based off of the player's production in college (at least the last season if not their entire college career) and an "Athleticism Score" which clearly says that it's an estimate. I don't think these scores have anything whatsoever to do with the NFL combine. Of course, I also couldn't locate these scores anywhere on the NFL.com website, so I couldn't click into any of the links to read a description of the scoring methodology.

I'm going to respond just incase others are confused as well and you're not simply a troll. The scores are on the nfl.com website and if you go to NFL.com, then select "Combine" it'll take you to the combine home screen and then select tracker, any single player you click on is then going to show you those 3 scores for them like I shared in the picture of Jalin. The Athleticism Score wasn't populated until after the combine results were completed. Also if you are looking at a player's profile from the combine you can hover over the information icon for their Score Breakdown and it tells you how they derive the scores. Hyatt is the only Vol that's sitting near the "Elite" category with his 89 total score. Hooker is the next highest sitting at 87 and Wright is at 84. The rest of our players are below the 80s for these total scores that NFL.com is creating (not me).

1678134192268.png

So the Athleticism score is estimated for Hyatt because he didn't do all the drills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back