Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rick Barnes has us back in the NCAA tourney this year. What seed is Michigan? They are a 2 seed in the NIT. We have battled injury issues all year, down our starting point guard, and JJJ is still dealing with his knee. Yet, we are still a 4 seed in the tournament that counts. You may want to pile on Barnes and blame him, but I think he has done an incredible job here on the whole. Of course he isnā€™t exempt from scrutiny and Iā€™m sure even he would prefer to have a better March record. But, the goal is still the same year in and year out, get to the dance and hope to go on a run. Luckily Barnes consistently gets us here for that opportunity.
We werenā€™t discussingā€¦. I think he has done a good job this yearā€¦. Donā€™t care anything about Michigans program besides the fact that we let that crap team upset us last year. We are discussing our poor performance in the NCAA tournamentā€¦. Here is an article from a gambling perspectiveā€¦. Rick Barnes is 1-7-1 ATS in his last 9 tournament games.

March Madness betting: Which coaches are the worst against the spread in NCAA tournament?

We werenā€™t discussingā€¦. I think he has done a good job this yearā€¦. Donā€™t care anything about Michigans program besides the fact that we let that crap team upset us last year. We are discussing our poor performance in the NCAA tournamentā€¦. Here is an article from a gambling perspectiveā€¦. Rick Barnes is 1-7-1 ATS in his last 9 tournament games.

March Madness betting: Which coaches are the worst against the spread in NCAA tournament?

He's a fade machine in March but I wouldn't be surprised if we cover against Louisiana

Unlike you...I actually consider what happened in those games. IMO Rick Barnes is just purely unlucky...I don't think it has a single thing to do with his coaching.

He is the most snakebit postseason coach in basketball. If people wanna disparage him for that...I think it's stupid.

Take last year...comes in on a massive hot streak and the whole f'n team goes ice cold at the same time....that is not coaching, it is bad luck.

I have a bad feeling we are going to miss him really badly once he is gone. Unlike the stupid-ass haters I remember the complete utter hopelessness that I felt after the Pearl-Counzo-Tyndall debacle. Good coaches don't fall out of trees but by gosh one sure as hell fell in our lap when we needed him most.

I hope Rick Barnes wins big at least once just to shut up the stupidity.
You only think your opinion is correctā€¦..I have a feeling that we are going to be fine when he is gone and may even upgrade( no, Idonā€™t want to get of coach Barnes) The problem all these years havenā€™t been the coaches that we hired but the administration in charge of hiring and supporting the coachesā€¦. The future is brighter than itā€™s ever been.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
You only think your opinion is correctā€¦..I have a feeling that we are going to be fine when he is gone and may even upgrade( no, Idonā€™t want to get of coach Barnes) The problem all these years havenā€™t been the coaches that we hired but the administration in charge of hiring and supporting the coachesā€¦. The future is brighter than itā€™s ever been.
That's the part that people don't understand. We have a competent adult in charge, jury is still out on Plowman. A lot of good coaches will be interested because they will get good support.

That's the part that people don't understand. We have a competent adult in charge, jury is still out on Plowman. A lot of good coaches will be interested because they will get good support.

If she had a major role in hiring in DW, then the jury is not out. Sheā€™s a rockstar.

So, our 26 point win against Wright State in 2018 wasn't a cover?

I'm in on CRB for as long as he wants to do this. I just lowered my expectations in March. He got us an SECT last season. He strongly upgraded the perception and recruiting. Quality person and coach.

However, Voltello and Heup are the future for good reasons that include the school itself and our fanbase's sell out support of their programs. This will not be lost on a future basketball head coach who will have maybe the best AD in the business as his boss.

The NCAA tournament is just such a crapshoot.

Yes Rick has really struggled in the first two rounds and a lot of that is on him, but a lot of it is also bad luck and really only the greatest coaches of all time have had consistent success in the tournament and its largely because they have one of the most talented rosters like Duke and UNC.

It's just so unpredictable. Look at USCjr's final four run in 2017. Their previous appearance was 2004! Only 8 appearances all time and hadn't even won a tournament game since 1973...then boom final four and inexplicably haven't sniffed the dance since.

Then you have the vols who have been to 24 tournaments and zero final fours with countless teams better than USCjr's. Or how about Temple under John Chaney, widely considered one of the all time greats, 17 tournaments, 5 elite 8's zero final fours. Then there's Xavier whose been to 28 tournaments, 8 sweet 16's, 3 elite 8's and zero final fours. All programs vastly superior to USCjr's. It's just a crapshoot at the end of the day.

The bottom line is if we are complaining about NCAA tournament performance then we are in a really good place because the alternative is not fun. If we keep making it a run will happen.

Iā€™ve seen OLD Copperheads that color. Beware.

You've "seen" a copperhead?

jennifer-lawrence-oh-ok.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back