Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she had a major role in hiring in DW, then the jury is not out. She’s a rockstar.
She was THE impetus in hiring White. Her baby all the way. Detractors want to backdate to extending Fulmer and Pruitt, but what I saw was the antithesis of Cheek. She backed who was doing the job and gave them full support. When that was no longer tenable, she acted decisively yet calmly. I think DW was her second choice and she got to him quick in the process and has done nothing but let him work. We got so accustomed to seeing what didn’t work for over a decade and a half that we don’t trust our eyes when a 180 has occurred right in front of us.

Last edited:
Spring-ish. Spring equinox is March 20, at 5:24 P.M. EDT. If practice is before then, one could make an argument it's still winter. And since it's flurrying today in East Tennessee, it's kinda looks that way.

Yes, nerd. I know.

Is also my wedding anniversary! I will give my wife practice updates as part of her gift. She will love it!

Is also my wedding anniversary! I will give my wife practice updates as part of her gift. She will love it!

Of course she will.

In other news, LTC Glitch will have plenty of time on his hands to watch the rest of Spring camp...while recovering from his recent head trauma.

Rest well, sir. Rest well.

Good afternoon all. Got a couple of days off from my second job. It's amazing how well you react to working 65 to 70 hours a week once your body and mind get used to it. I haven't had much time to post.

Things have been eventful on our rescue farm. We have welcomed 4 new goat kids. I've got an older girl we fear may have cancer but are giving antibiotic to see if we can get her wound to heal.

Please, please please continue to keep us in your prayers, we need all the prayers we can get right now. My wife still hasn't been able to find work, everyone in her field is laying off. She's applying for everything right now. Staying positive!

Last edited:
We weren’t discussing…. I think he has done a good job this year…. Don’t care anything about Michigans program besides the fact that we let that crap team upset us last year. We are discussing our poor performance in the NCAA tournament…. Here is an article from a gambling perspective…. Rick Barnes is 1-7-1 ATS in his last 9 tournament games.

March Madness betting: Which coaches are the worst against the spread in NCAA tournament?
He has played in 8 NCAA tournament games while at TN and his record is 4-4. You show your bias by intentionally misrepresenting his record and showing against the spread stats. Who cares about that? As a fan, I only care if we won the game. While I have been disappointed that we haven’t gone further with some of these teams, I support coach Barnes and believe we are lucky to have him. I swear I think some of you would be happier with Tyndall still on the sidelines or think we could just drop Barnes and bring in the next coach K. Regardless, I’m done discussing this with you as you clearly are willing to intentionally misrepresent reality to push your point. Have a good day and enjoy being miserable.

Please, please please continue to keep us in your prayers, we need all the prayers we can't get right now. My wife still hasn't been able to find work, everyone in her field is laying off. She's applying for everything right now. Staying positive!
Looking at you @bignewt (which means I'm looking at me, too)!

Seriously though KB, hoping for the best for everything you're going through right now.

They have 3 really good pitchers. If the offense holds up they're a legitimate threat.
Have a really good offense. If they can come together on defense they may do something.

This defense is elite, if they can get some offense they'll be FF bound.

This pitching is elite, if they can find some offense they'll be elite.

Just rounding things out for the year.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
He has played in 8 NCAA tournament games while at TN and his record is 4-4. You show your bias by intentionally misrepresenting his record and showing against the spread stats. Who cares about that? As a fan, I only care if we won the game. While I have been disappointed that we haven’t gone further with some of these teams, I support coach Barnes and believe we are lucky to have him. I swear I think some of you would be happier with Tyndall still on the sidelines or think we could just drop Barnes and bring in the next coach K. Regardless, I’m done discussing this with you as you clearly are willing to intentionally misrepresent reality to push your point. Have a good day and enjoy being miserable.
I’m not miserable….. just talking basketball…. Stop being so fragile.

Reactions: VolNash17
She was THE impetus in hiring White. Her baby all the way. Detractors want to backdate to extending Fulmer and Pruitt, but what I saw was the antithesis of Cheek. She backed who was doing the job and gave them full support. When that was no longer tenable, she acted decisively yet calmly. I think DW was her second choice and she got to him quick in the process and has done nothing but let him work. We got so accustomed to seeing what didn’t work for over a decade and a half that we don’t trust our eyes when a 180 has occurred right in front of us.
She has been great… don’t necessarily agree with how they are handling the ncaa mess but absolutely pleased with her, Boyd, white, and whoever else is behind the scenes.

Reactions: VolNash17
I'd still argue as a general rule, if you don't know what it is, leave it the heck alone. The vast majority (something like 90%) of snakebites happen when the person is trying to catch or kill a snake. The safest thing to do is leave it alone, you probably won't see it again anyway.

Sounds like something a snake would say...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back