Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one not worried about the transfer portal?

We’re looking pretty good with the OL from Rhode Island and outside of that there just aren’t many SEC starting-level players in there.

Ignoring Hunter, I’m not sure there’s an SEC ready CB in the portal currently
The portal is a big risk. Glad they’re not just grabbing players unless they really like them. Of course that’s not fun for us.

LB and DB is an even bigger need iyam.
We are struggling more with depth on the line than we are at db/LB…. We have 19 total scholarship DBs and 6 total scholarship ILB’s…. Most of them that staff feels can see the field/start…. We need a stud in each position so we have to be picky to see if that guy becomes available.

We've taken Nico for granted because it's been such a long time coming, but closing on him and getting him to campus was in the top 3 (maybe most) important things that we needed to do in 2022.
Yeah…. Just a few years ago…. Could imagine getting this highly rated of a qb from California.

Yeah…. Just a few years ago…. Could imagine getting this highly rated of a qb from California.
Having an elite QB is such a huge leg up in CFB. When paired with our offense, we're looking at 2 (possibly 3) great seasons from 2023-2025. We can sustain the success we've had this year, or improve on it and build a new base higher than we've been in a long time.

Am I the only one not worried about the transfer portal?

We’re looking pretty good with the OL from Rhode Island and outside of that there just aren’t many SEC starting-level players in there.

Ignoring Hunter, I’m not sure there’s an SEC ready CB in the portal currently
Nope, you’re not alone.

A lot of people were freaking out last night about Tennessee not going after the LB from Oregon. Maybe the coaches reached out and found that a kid from California who committed to one PAC-12 school didn’t want to come across country to play football and, instead, wanted to stay close to home. Who’d have thunk it?!

Nope, you’re not alone.

A lot of people were freaking out last night about Tennessee not going after the LB from Oregon. Maybe the coaches reached out and found that a kid from California who committed to one PAC-12 school didn’t want to come across country to play football and, instead, wanted to stay close to home. Who’d have thunk it?!
He got benched at Oregon…. May not have been as good as his rating…. He had been injured a lot as well so maybe he can still get to that level.

So we're tasting him too?
michael-scott-creasing-forehead.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back