Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was 2nd string last year. As in, he wasn't good enough to start. Maybe pause to think before snarky replies.
The majority of the portal is players looking for playing time. You then have the group of players that were successful at a low level but unproven due to competition (our TE transfer). Very few players in the portal are successful starters at P5 programs.

Idiots don't care, they are all blinded by starshine...🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Overlooking character is a great way to ruin a winning culture. I remember the days of yore when a few bad apples spoiled something special then. There are a lot of talented players out there and many of them want to work hard and be part of a team that succeeds and their success will then naturally come. When trouble makers show up they only create drama and drama very seldom wins on the football field or in life as a rule.

I really think the smaller schools are we will find what we want as well as schools that are changing coaches. I would be leery of the players that are just moving for playing time or NIL deals because if that doesn't work out here they'll just move on the next cycle and drama often follows those types.

Exactly, and to be clear, I agree with this approach.
Good save!
a364ae880ba086aeeac7cc1cd15fac5c6d31188a.gif

The Portal is passing us by............
View attachment 525236
Or maybe not....just playing it smart.
I don't get it. Any of it.

We just had the best season in 24 years and people are back to living and dying over recruiting.

The only reason most became obsessed over recruiting's importance over the last 14 years is because it's all we had to enjoy and have hope for. They forgot the actual game here is football, not recruitball.

10-2 and a NY6 bowl in Y2. Let's sit back and enjoy men and SA Odas.

That's a pretty nit picky accusation considering deion has been his coach. Having players follow you is hardly tampering.
The NCAA rules are pretty nitpicky. Coaches face all kinds of limitations about what they can and can't say about unsigned recruits and players on other teams. I didn't make the rules, I just know they exist, and that they rarely get applied evenly.

I don't get it. Any of it.

We just had the best season in 24 years and people are back to living and dying over recruiting.

The only reason most became obsessed over recruiting's importance over the last 14 years is because it's all we had to enjoy and have hope for. They forgot the actual game here is football, not recruitball.

10-2 and a NY6 bowl in Y2. Let's sit back and enjoy men and SA Odas.
Recruiting is the key to staying good. That's why people obsess over it.

The NCAA rules are pretty nitpicky. Coaches face all kinds of limitations about what they can and can't say about unsigned recruits and players on other teams. I didn't make the rules, I just know they exist, and that they rarely get applied evenly.
True but he was literally the kid's coach until a day or two ago (or maybe still is contractually? Idk). You can say whatever you want to your own players.

There's no doubt tampering is rampant (by all), but anyone that thought it could be regulated, barring full-blown surveillance, was being naive. There's just no way.

Catching up. So we gained an OL from the portal today and lost a DL to the portal today.

Does the commitment of Karic mean we're out of the running for Ajani Cornelius?

Recruiting is the key to staying good. That's why people obsess over it.
But during the season? During a GREAT season? I don't get it. We're actually great again, no need to live in the future rn. We can finally, unabashedly, live in the moment and enjoy it.

It also feels like a lack of faith in the staff. No need to obsess when you actually have a coach that can do more with less, for once. It's hardly the necessity it has been for other coaches.

But y'all can stress if you like. I still won't understand it...10-2, top 10 class, best QB recruit since Peyton. I'll smoke another cigar before I bite my fingernails.

True but he was literally the kid's coach until a day or two ago (or maybe still is contractually? Idk). You can say whatever you want to your own players.

There's no doubt tampering is rampant (by all), but anyone that thought it could be regulated, barring full-blown surveillance, was being naive. There's just no way.
He didn't say it to the player, he said it on Twitter, and what you say publicly is regulated by the NCAA.

Again, I didn't make the rules. I'm just commenting on them.

Portal is quite a bit of fool’s good. Most kids are leaving for a reason that isn’t good. The best run programs are very judicious here.

I’d also expect us to be patient and line up most visits in January with the kids we really want. You want to either lock them in immediately early or build momentum to when it can be binding. Remember how Neyor played out last year.
Wish more people understood this ^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back