Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, this isn't an either/or situation. Two things can happen at the same time. Multitasking is becoming a lost art.
If only we actually had a terrible recruiting class to complain about so this would make sense...

But we're freakin top 10...18 months removed from 3-7, NCAA in our backyard, limited recruiting abilities because of it, new HC and 7-6 in Y1, bad program for the majority of the last 15 years as these kids were growing up...

I don't get the math here leading anyone towards complaining.

He played as a freshman for the former Texas staff, they tried to bulk him up to play LT but that's not where he needs to be naturally. Sark got there and valued big body, huge frame OL, so he got lost in the shuffle. He's a more athletic OL that should be a RT or inside OL that can get up the field to block. I think we knew what we were getting and he will contribute.

He was on the all-academic team and has starting reps under his belt. What more can you ask for in the portal than a smart, experienced OL that can come in and push your starters or be one himself?
Try not to sling too many facts around here. It gets confusing.

If only we actually had a terrible recruiting class to complain about so this would make sense...

But we're freakin top 10...18 months removed from 3-7, NCAA in our backyard, limited recruiting abilities because of it, new HC and 7-6 in Y1, bad program for the majority of the last 15 years as these kids were growing up...

They are not complaining necessarily but very concerned about portal players before Christmas.

We're talking mostly about the portal. I haven't seen anyone say they aren't happy with this class. You seem to be moving goal posts, and this isn't the Bama game. You don't generally put the expectation on freshmen to come in and start right away. We need immediate help at certain positions, which you hope to get through the transfer portal.

Some of you seem absolutely terrified of success.

Need a transfer starter at OT, LB and DB. Grab a RB as well or use the spot elsewhere, Bishop ain't it.

Texas dude was a nice get, but we need a stud. Hopefully an elite LB hops in the portal.

Yep. Would be sweet!!

Curious to see if anything changes after the bowls. May be some big transfers. Never know

Reactions: TrippieRedd

200w (5).gif

The NCAA rules are pretty nitpicky. Coaches face all kinds of limitations about what they can and can't say about unsigned recruits and players on other teams. I didn't make the rules, I just know they exist, and that they rarely get applied evenly.
Telling your current players they can follow you to your next stop is not tampering, not should it be. It happens at every single coaching change, and it's never been considered against the rules to my knowledge.

It seems like you are doing more worrying and complaining about our portal moves than reminiscing about the 10-2 season we just witnessed.
Probably because we're in prime portal season. But I thoroughly enjoyed the season, and I'll thoroughly enjoy the bowl game. Moreso if we win.

VN is one of the few places where wanting more success is somehow considered a bad thing.
Made me laugh because it’s true unfortunately for a lot of them. I don’t see an issue at all with your questions. Pretty reasonable stuff given all the 4th and 5th year seniors super veteran team we lose after the season

Need a transfer starter at OT, LB and DB. Grab a RB as well or use the spot elsewhere, Bishop ain't it.

Texas dude was a nice get, but we need a stud. Hopefully an elite LB hops in the portal.

I want some tampering and I want it now!!!

Are there any legs to the rumor Dallan Hayden coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back