Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always. But again, the SEC benefits more from us winning than the NCAA.

In spite of everything, I still don’t believe this gets to the point of litigation. But I’m way less sure of that now than earlier this year. We’ll see.
A very good point that I agree with; but, with Texas and Oklahoma coming in, and possible/definite more expansion, they can offset pssibly losing us to another conference...if it gets that far.

Admin gave the ncaa everything on a silver platter. The NCAA only cares about themselves and has no loyalty to any school. If TN gets harder, then absolutely no school will ever cooperate with AA again.
The NCAA is ran by the Alabamas and the OSUs of the the world. They are doing what they're told by those programs.

they wanted to see us grovel and continue to be a dumpster fire for 4-5 more years at the very least

when we stood up a top-tier NIL collective, signed a 5-star QB, all the pub that came with that, then had the audacity to put a winning season together... we didn't suffer enough

they thought we had moved on too quickly. they wanted us to continue reaching for .500 with a broken arm, no hope for the future.

our new, COMPETENT leadership made it look too easy, so the NCAA thought they made it too easy for us.

just goes to show that they have the hearts of dungeon masters and are sadists in suits.
So... This is a narrative, that the NCAA wants UT crippled and struggling.

Why? What benefit is it to the NCAA to hurt UT? How does it benefit the NCAA for one of its historic bluebloods to lay emaciated in the corner? And what information is feeding this narrative?

I'll hang up and listen.

Feels like we can consider the NCAA dissolved if something like that goes to court. They are hanging by the thinnest of threads already.
Exactly. It's actually the perfect play from the SEC. You know how much more power the conference would gain? The AA does not want that.

Why? What benefit is it to the NCAA to hurt UT? How does it benefit the NCAA for one of its historic bluebloods to lay emaciated in the corner? And what information is feeding this narrative?

I'll hang up and listen.

I think they wanted to damage a soft target to send a message and re-assert some authority in the space. We appear to be making ourselves less of a soft target now, however.

We’ll see how far they try to take it. Fingers crossed that our saber-rattling pays off.

I'll hang up and listen.

They care about their image as the almighty power over all collegiate athletics more. This undermines their swift and powerful hand.

It's less about UT specifically and more about the NCAA needing to feel justified and in control.

The NCAA wants to impose harsher sanctions than UT is willing to accept. UT took a post-season ban and other things detrimental to those who do not deserve it off the table during negotiations, but the NCAA is playing hard ball. So UT walked away from the table. Unfortunate outcome that will drag things out, but not completely unexpected by all. Counsel advised that the NCAA had been trending this way. And, of course, the NCAA finds a way to punish a school they feel needs punishing.

They care about their image as the almighty power over all collegiate athletics more. This undermines their swift and powerful hand.

It's less about UT specifically and more about the NCAA needing to feel justified and in control.
That would be very dumb of them. They are weak, especially after the SCOTUS ruling. Very weak. If a playground bully has a sprained ankle and broken wrist, the stupidest thing he/she could do is pick a very public fight on the playground.

If the NCAA, in its current state, wants to look strong and in control, the smartest thing they could do is laud UT for the awesome way they partnered with the NCAA in this case, and close it out as quickly and painlessly as possible.

With the broken wrist and sprained ankle, they'd look at the playground and say, "Everyone else needs to play nice like this!"

I don't buy it.

That would be very dumb of them. They are weak, especially after the SCOTUS ruling. Very weak. If a playground bully has a sprained ankle and broken wrist, the stupidest thing he/she could do is pick a very public fight on the playground.

If the NCAA, in its current state, wants to look strong and in control, the smartest thing they could do is laud UT for the awesome way they partnered with the NCAA in this case, and close it out as quickly and painlessly as possible.

With the broken wrist and sprained ankle, they'd look at the playground and say, "Everyone else needs to play nice like this!"

I don't buy it.
I agree with everything that you've said, but the NCAA has a track record of doing the bold.

I think they wanted to damage a soft target to send a message and re-assert some authority in the space. We appear to be making ourselves less of a soft target now, however.

We’ll see how far they try to take it. Fingers crossed that our saber-rattling pays off.
Again, it's fairly obvious how self-defeating this strategy would be in the NCAA's current vulnerable state. They have a historic blueblood that partnered with them. The smartest thing they could have done would have been to publicize how well the partnership worked, and encourage others to do the same. The LAST thing they want is to play out in public and show that much more how vulnerable they are, and encourage more kids on the playground to challenge them.

The NCAA wants to impose harsher sanctions than UT is willing to accept. UT took a post-season ban and other things detrimental to those who do not deserve it off the table during negotiations, but the NCAA is playing hard ball. So UT walked away from the table. Unfortunate outcome that will drag things out, but not completely unexpected by all. Counsel advised that the NCAA had been trending this way. And, of course, the NCAA finds a way to punish a school they feel needs punishing.

Do you really think a post-season ban is being contemplated? I’ve been told that they have become strongly disfavored by university presidents and conferences, and the NCAA has basically been told to cut them out for the money-making sports.

Again, it's fairly obvious how self-defeating this strategy would be in the NCAA's current vulnerable state. They have a historic blueblood that partnered with them. The smartest thing they could have done would have been to publicize how well the partnership worked, and encourage others to do the same. The LAST thing they want is to play out in public and show that much more how vulnerable they are, and encourage more kids on the playground to challenge them.

One would think, but here we are!

Saban doesn't care about all of that "principled" stuff people are examining. He cares about us dropping 52 points on him, knocking him out of the playoffs, being on the cusp of making the playoffs (which is a recruiting watershed event), getting Nico, getting a very talented '23 class, and now looking at a top '24 recruiting class -- unless all of this can be disrupted and recruits made to second-guess going to Tennessee.

He is already negative recruiting our prospects and even our commits based on the penalties that he is urging the NCAA to impose.

Danny and Plowman need to tell ‘em to screw off. Tennessee had 10 years worth of self sanctions having Dooley Butch and Chick Fil A bag Bald guy as HC. Less Scholarships for two years and 35+ players transferring, fired EVERYONE including a prized historical figure at AD… Tennessee did more than enough. F them

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back