Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Failure to Monitor was the fork in the road. UT didn't expect that and didn't appreciate the way it was handled. I think Boyd would be amenable to paying a negotiated fine to end it, but reductions that hamper the ability to recruit the players we need and sanctions that further punish the current coaches and players as a backdoor punishment for UT have not been well-received.

The general feeling is that the NCAA does not believe that UT has felt the full weight of its transgressions and has bounced back even higher without repercussions. The argument that the university had effective compliance systems in place but was deceived by dishonest employees intentionally circumventing them was not successful. The NCAA isn't going to shift full responsibility to PruittCo. It wants more from UT. The whole charade is going to drag on for several more months-- longer if the hearing doesn't go UT's way.

The Failure to Monitor was the fork in the road. UT didn't expect that and didn't appreciate the way it was handled. I think Boyd would be amenable to paying a negotiated fine to end it, but reductions that hamper the ability to recruit the players we need and sanctions that further punish the current coaches and players as a backdoor punishment for UT have not been well-received.

The general feeling is that the NCAA does not believe that UT has felt the full weight of its transgressions and has bounced back even higher without repercussions. The argument that the university had effective compliance systems in place but was deceived by dishonest employees intentionally circumventing them was not successful. The NCAA isn't going to shift full responsibility to PruittCo. It wants more from UT. The whole charade is going to drag on for several more months-- longer if the hearing doesn't go UT's way.

I say drag it out as long as possible. Make then earn it.

Honestly, what do you think we’re facing? That’s the one thing I haven’t gotten a sense of (except that it’s more than initially intimated by NCAA reps, and more than we’re willing to accept).

Honestly, what do you think we’re facing? That’s the one thing I haven’t gotten a sense of (except that it’s more than initially intimated by NCAA reps, and more than we’re willing to accept).

The impression I get is that they're looking to make it hurt. UT self-imposed, but it rubs them the wrong way that UT has actually benefited from the malfeasants being outed. I think UT wants to avoid significant across-the-board reductions and the postseason ban, which hasn't been enforced in several years. So far, probation and a hefty fine haven't been enough. I think the cooperation became more adversarial after the Failure to Monitor blindside.

Tell the NCAA don't come around here no more.

UT to the AA...
87c6a5ff-12bb-4e50-8ace-509a6d53ad16_text.gif

That’s such hogwash! We bounced back quickly and higher than we were, because we got rid of everyone involved and cleaned house, then went out and hired competent administration, as well as coaching staff. Forget the NCAA and the horse they rode in on! We have been punished plenty, and yes, Pruitt and staff should take the brunt of it!! It was his program and he knew about it and facilitated it happening! Burn him to the ground, not our current coaches and players who had 0 to do with it!!

The impression I get is that they're looking to make it hurt. UT self-imposed, but it rubs them the wrong way that UT has actually benefited from the malfeasants being outed. I think UT wants to avoid significant across-the-board reductions and the postseason ban, which hasn't been enforced in several years. So far, probation and a hefty fine haven't been enough. I think the cooperation became more adversarial after the Failure to Monitor blindside.
So, you're saying the NCAA is upset that we ousted a bunch of non-performing coaches and replaced them with a better coaching staff. Had AD White been as incompetent as his predecessors and hired another horrible coaching staff, then the NCAA wouldn't have a problem with our self-imposed penalties?

So, you're saying the NCAA is upset that we ousted a bunch of non-performing coaches and replaced them with a better coaching staff. Had AD White been as incompetent as his predecessors and hired another horrible coaching staff, then the NCAA wouldn't have a problem with our self-imposed penalties?
i say we sue. wtf do we have to lose? we spent millions

I’ll be interested to see how hearing plays out. Seems like standing next to Pruitt and Ansley can’t be great, and they could end up doing finger-pointing that hurts everyone. But also seems like Pruitt and Ansley should mostly be denying wrongdoing and blaming fall guys as rogue coaches, which could maybe help UT.

I’ll be interested to see how hearing plays out. Seems like standing next to Pruitt and Ansley can’t be great, and they could end up doing finger-pointing that hurts everyone. But also seems like Pruitt and Ansley should mostly be denying wrongdoing and blaming fall guys as rogue coaches, which could maybe help UT.
word is ansley wont be there. has no desire to coach in college again

Of course. Give me a break.

UT: [lands Nico, famously]
NCAA: "I feel like we didn't do enough"

UT: [is #1 in the CFP rankings]
NCAA: "We didn't do enough"

Probably got on a conference call immediately after the Bama game. "They're too happy. We didn't hurt them enough."

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back