Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The impression I get is that they're looking to make it hurt. UT self-imposed, but it rubs them the wrong way that UT has actually benefited from the malfeasants being outed. I think UT wants to avoid significant across-the-board reductions and the postseason ban, which hasn't been enforced in several years. So far, probation and a hefty fine haven't been enough. I think the cooperation became more adversarial after the Failure to Monitor blindside.

I mean, sucks for us, but I just don’t know from where the NCAA has unearthed this newfound sense of confidence and authority. They’re not respected in the industry the way they were even 10 years ago.

- The power conferences don’t like them and feel like they’re just in the way of the big sports taking on a more professional model.

- The university presidents still believe they’re a net positive, but most of them feel like their old enforcement model is regressive and anti-student athlete.

- Obviously, they’re on thin ice with the courts, and they don’t have a lot of mainstream political backing either.

If they go scorched earth on us and we fight back, they’re going to be on a limb by themselves. This seems riskier for them than us, frankly.

That’s such hogwash! We bounced back quickly and higher than we were, because we got rid of everyone involved and cleaned house, then went out and hired competent administration, as well as coaching staff. Forget the NCAA and the horse they rode in on! We have been punished plenty, and yes, Pruitt and staff should take the brunt of it!! It was his program and he knew about it and facilitated it happening! Burn him to the ground, not our current coaches and players who had 0 to do with it!!

Hogwash is right. I think it might be behind us if UT weren't doing so well and grabbing so much attention. A lot of people (especially all those shades of red teams) seem to think UT needs to be taken down a peg. Heupel's "gimmick" offense and its gaudy numbers, the big NIL deals, the celebrations (goodbye goal posts, storming the field, cheetah coat and daddy hat), anything Tony V (6 suspensions and counting). The NCAA doesn't have much power, but it's saber rattling.

Of course. Give me a break.

UT: [lands Nico, famously]
NCAA: "I feel like we didn't do enough"

UT: [is #1 in the CFP rankings]
NCAA: "We didn't do enough"

Probably got on a conference call immediately after the Bama game. "They're too happy. We didn't hurt them enough."

Failing up. They don't like that.

I don’t know why we took the approach we did in the first place….. you never ever dig up all the dirt on yourself…Should have come out swinging from the beginning.

Yes. The clear lesson from us and Ok St is that plea deals with the NCAA aren’t worth it.

Yah.

Don't do me like that. I won't back down. We're learning to fly. There's room at the top, something good is coming, but the waiting is the hardest part.
Love Tom Petty. Saw him 3 times live. Every song it's like oh this was a number 1 hit, and so was this one, oh here's another one. He came out to I Won't Back Down in a rainstorm at Bonnaroo. Freaking legend

I mean, sucks for us, but I just don’t know from where the NCAA has unearthed this newfound sense of confidence and authority. They’re not respected in the industry the way they were even 10 years ago.

- The power conferences don’t like them and feel like they’re just in the way of the big sports taking on a more professional model.

- The university presidents still believe they’re a net positive, but most of them feel like their old enforcement model is regressive and anti-student athlete.

- Obviously, they’re on thin ice with the courts, and they don’t have a lot of mainstream political backing either.

If they go scorched earth on us and we fight back, they’re going to be on a limb by themselves. This seems riskier for them than us, frankly.

It'll play out longer than it should, In the end, it'll be negotiated.

Shoot, UT should offer up vacating the wins during the Pruitt era if the NCAA wants to make an example.

I'll vacate every win the last 10 years, just piss off NCAA. There were 3-4 really good wins in that time frame, topped with Bama last year but they still happened. I don't see the point in vacating wins unless you won a title.

The Failure to Monitor was the fork in the road. UT didn't expect that and didn't appreciate the way it was handled. I think Boyd would be amenable to paying a negotiated fine to end it, but reductions that hamper the ability to recruit the players we need and sanctions that further punish the current coaches and players as a backdoor punishment for UT have not been well-received.

The general feeling is that the NCAA does not believe that UT has felt the full weight of its transgressions and has bounced back even higher without repercussions. The argument that the university had effective compliance systems in place but was deceived by dishonest employees intentionally circumventing them was not successful. The NCAA isn't going to shift full responsibility to PruittCo. It wants more from UT. The whole charade is going to drag on for several more months-- longer if the hearing doesn't go UT's way.
This is like a kid getting a paddling in school by the teacher and then going home and getting paddling by both parents.

A poem to brighten your day:

Birds have two legs.
Cats have four.
The NCAA can kiss our collective eggs?

Thank you.

Or is it a non-rhyming poem?
I’m fine either way.

ncaa can go eff themselves if they think Tennessee deserves more punishment.
Does the legal system punish the company that was defrauded or embezzled by an employee? This is just stupid…

Or is it a non-rhyming poem?
I’m fine either way.

ncaa can go eff themselves if they think Tennessee deserves more punishment.
Does the legal system punish the company that was defrauded or embezzled by an employee? This is just stupid…
This is a horrible poem doc
Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back