Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there myself sir. I’ll echo everything you just said about ANGC. 8th wonder of the world IMO! Absolutely breathtaking.

On another note, we’re back folks! If I heard one Go Vols yesterday I heard 50 (conservative estimate). For anyone who was there, I was the guy in the UT orange golf shirt, grey baseball hat and black shorts (stuck out like a sore thumb intentionally). I had to have crossed paths with at least a couple of you morans.
I can’t specifically remember but I guarantee we had to have cross paths because I threw out so many “Go Vols” I lost count. I had a grey UT hat on which I saw a bunch of so I did not stick out as much haha. We were EASILY the most represented school I saw though.. we were everywhere.

Every offense is a system. Our system is just better. You're supposed to score as much as possible to beat the other team. If our offense is the best way to get it done, it's the best system. I think we'll start seeing some of our offensive dynamics bleeding over into other college and pro offenses.
It already has been…. The veer and shoot has been around since Art Briles…. Heup is just the best at running it and adding tweaks to improve it…The question that has to be answered is if Hooker, Hyatt, and Tillman are great individual players or the system we run made them great players.

Guess that's relative. Terrible? Not even close. Better than college ball as a fun product to watch? No. But the NFL is miles and miles more entertaining than any other sport not named college football.
and that's subjectively a fact. amirite?

I can’t specifically remember but I guarantee we had to have cross paths because I threw out so many “Go Vols” I lost count. I had a grey UT hat on which I saw a bunch of so I did not stick out as much haha. We were EASILY the most represented school I saw though.. we were everywhere.

College athletics needs a non governmental governing body, with someone who has no allegiances, to act as commissioner. And ya know what? If that commissioner had some power it may not hurt.

I'm all about protecting people's rights. But, it fails to be fair and equitable at some point. It needs to be common sense.

Moreover, a 'governing body' that reacts, and pretends to be in lock step with Universities who want to do the right thing - yet equivocate. Are not only hypocritical in their mantra, they are more of a hindrance than adding value.

Outside of holding the NCAA tourney yearly, what value is NCAA bringing, to sports in general? And, to CFB? Every issue is met reactively, on different playing fields with little to no precedence. There is no uniformity. Real, actual problems, like this young ladies, are not addressed.

Its pathetic, that we lay down and dont take action. Enough people will have to speak, via legal channel for NCAA to reform. Hope that they do.
I don't think there's anyway to make it equitable anymore unless you separate further into different tiers based on monetary standards.

I have a long story to tell, but won't get into all of it now. I worked for almost 30 years near Lonsdale. I had a good friend I worked with who grew up in Lonsdale and still lived there. We got together a rec. league team and my company paid the fees and we wanted to give some local Lonsdale athletes the chance to be on the team. We had some incredible athletes. Just incredible. Who always showed up stoned, who became incarcerated during the season, who got in a fight during practice. The team did not win the rec. league championship because they got into a huge fight in the quarterfinals with a Vestal team. Sadly, a lot of them are dead now. Some were in car accidents, some were murdered. Many are in jail. It is really sad because those guys had plenty of talent and could have played at the next level for sure. Most of them did not even finish HS, though.

All of this….guidance is so important but In some cases that becomes bad with what we’ve seen in recruiting with these “mentors”…but you never know your true ability until either you notice it or someone else see’s it in you..it’s truly sad because some people don’t possess the god given ability and they just waste it….keep doing good in the neighborhood Mr.Rodgers it will pay off…maybe you’re the difference for someone tomorrow.

It already has been…. The veer and shoot has been around since Art Briles…. Heup is just the best at running it and adding tweaks to improve it…The question that has to be answered is if Hooker, Hyatt, and Tillman are great individual players or the system we run made them great players.
I think it’s both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back