Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Orange Bowl isn't the Birmingham Bowl. It's a game between #6 and #7. It means something. Beating Clemson would mean something.
Absolutely. I think the red team’s quarterback and number one draft choice is playing in their bowl game…and it’s not a playoff game, either. Honestly, I expected him to go into the draft but I really really thought, he wouldn’t follow the crowd. I believed he’d play in the Orange Bowl. This one really bothers me.

I think this staff knows what they need, knows what they have and believe they know what we are getting, to some extent, with the freshmen. Anybody they pick up in the portal will be a specific position player that has to fit in not only ability wise but be a teammate fit as well. I have to believe they know way more about that than any of us and remember these coaches network with each other......they have a fairly good working knowledge of who will fit and who won't.

Are we in the prime portal season? We haven't really had the portal long enough to know. Maybe the prime portal season is after the bowl games or even after spring ball. You don't know. You are just so worried that we won't be able to repeat 10-2 that you are making mountains out of mole hills. We might not repeat at 10-2 next year, but that doesn't make next year a failure. It makes this year all the more special. However, how about we not borrow trouble and just be happy with the season and the class we have, which is great by all accounts. Let the coaches sort out the rest and just enjoy the ride. We actually have a competent coaching staff for the first time in 15+ years!
I hope everyone in the portal knows that the cake is a lie.

Well its all about perspective. For fans who have been lost in the wilderness, its a very big deal. For a possible first round draft pick, with millions on the line, its not. See the difference?
So why did he play against Vandy? After SC loss, we had no chance to play in the playoffs so it was “meaningless”. Why play and get hurt in a meaningless game and ruin his draft opportunity?

I’m sorry newt - I just don’t agree - my son and all his friends argue this with me every day but to me, some things are bigger than “me”. That some thing is my team. I see it as we got this far together, let’s finish this together.

I love all he did this year and I’m happy for his successes - he!! I was voting like a crazy lady! But I’m still disappointed in his decision…I didn’t think he would opt out of this bowl. I thought he’d play so I guess that’s part of my disappointment. I don’t hate him or think he’s a horrid person, I’m just disappointed. I’ll get off my soapbox now - Go Vols! 🧡

Y’all gonna banish me to the ff now? 😳

Shows how much you actually followed us. 😏 Wanted to retain him but he’s not a $25 mil per year player. Cubs got a good one, but they need a lot more. Difference in wanting to keep vs STRESS. Lot more built up in certain Dodgers minds over our roster than reasonable Braves fans.

😂😂😂😂just on the surface of things it was a pretty good assumption that I don’t follow the Braves 🫶🏽

So why did he play against Vandy? After SC loss, we had no chance to play in the playoffs so it was “meaningless”. Why play and get hurt in a meaningless game and ruin his draft opportunity?

I’m sorry newt - I just don’t agree - my son and all his friends argue this with me every day but to me, some things are bigger than “me”. That some thing is my team. I see it as we got this far together, let’s finish this together.

I love all he did this year and I’m happy for his successes - he!! I was voting like a crazy lady! But I’m still disappointed in his decision…I didn’t think he would opt out of this bowl. I thought he’d play so I guess that’s part of my disappointment. I don’t hate him or think he’s a horrid person, I’m just disappointed. I’ll get off my soapbox now - Go Vols! 🧡

Y’all gonna banish me to the ff now? 😳
I remember when Jalen Hurd injured his labrum the first game of his senior year. He could have still played, but elected to go ahead and have the surgery and get ready for his career at UT. Most of VN applauded him, saying there was nothing else for him to prove in high school and his college career was what was important now. I'm a Vol fan, but my son was on that team and they would almost certainly have won another state title if Hurd had played. I understood and respected his decision though. Might we have won our bowl game last season if Alontae Taylor had played? Most likely yes. Did he make the right decision for his NFL career and make himself more money by skipping the bowl and training for the combine? He most certainly did, and I understood and respected his decision. Now Jalin Hyatt has more on the line than either of those guys. We're talking about the difference in millions. He finished the regular season and has made the decision to enter the draft. He opted out of the bowl because that gives him the best chance to be drafted as high as possible. There's nothing left for him to prove in this bowl game. I understand and respect his decision. As a father, not as fan, I probably would have advised my son to do the same.

Last edited:
We are 1 game changing MLB and DB away from being scary good!

The coaches think they have it in two of the freshman coming in but that’s risky.
Since those two freshmen are getting bowl practices, and then spring practices, would they be considered almost like a redshirt freshman or sophomore in experience, except they have no game experience?

Reactions: Big Orange#1
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back