Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree but I have to believe they as a staff have a plan......I have no idea what it is but a plan. I'm hoping that this last year we just didn't have the players to do what Banks wanted and they feel those type players are developing or are on the way....time will tell but running a defense that gives the other WR's 10-15 yds at the jump won't get it done in the long run.
Not sure I really trust Banks at this point, but I'm ready to be proven wrong.

I remember CJH saying something like the D just doesn't need to give up the splash plays and stop the long sustained drives but this last year at times it was painful to watch....and we still won, except USc and that was the one that giving to much space really bit us on the butt for sure.

Agree. I'm excited about our young LB's. Perry, Herrings and Telander could make for a very good LB unit.
The edges should be crowded with talent and experience, in a good way. You got Roman/Josephs/Pearce just at the Leo spot, Baron/Bailey/West on the other side. Then C Herring and Bradley coming in as well.

The inside LB spots will be fun to watch develop especially if Mitchell leaves. Only guy that would be guaranteed a spot essentially is Beasley. Garland, Herring and Perry are up next, and that’s it. So if we don’t go to the portal for an LB, that freshman trio of Smith, Carter and Telander will definitely see time. I would imagine if the coaches aren’t confident with what they see in the spring from that group then they would probably go after someone hard in the portal in the May portal period

December 20, 1971.........................

default.jpg
71libertybowl_display_image_display_image.jpg

So why did he play against Vandy? After SC loss, we had no chance to play in the playoffs so it was “meaningless”. Why play and get hurt in a meaningless game and ruin his draft opportunity?

I’m sorry newt - I just don’t agree - my son and all his friends argue this with me every day but to me, some things are bigger than “me”. That some thing is my team. I see it as we got this far together, let’s finish this together.

I love all he did this year and I’m happy for his successes - he!! I was voting like a crazy lady! But I’m still disappointed in his decision…I didn’t think he would opt out of this bowl. I thought he’d play so I guess that’s part of my disappointment. I don’t hate him or think he’s a horrid person, I’m just disappointed. I’ll get off my soapbox now - Go Vols! 🧡

Y’all gonna banish me to the ff now? 😳

You are seeing it as a fan. If Hyatt was your son you would tell him to go get ready for the draft, as Im sure Hyatt's parents and advisors have done.

Yep…. I didn’t want him hindering our younger players getting on the field.

View attachment 525310Everyone always says that but this is where we finished as a defense…. Don’t let a few bad games over shadow the job that this unit did…. We also played probably the toughest schedule and the only team that played both Georgia and Alabama. This is also facing the most possessions of any team in the conference.
But nobody wants to remember that though.

The edges should be crowded with talent and experience, in a good way. You got Roman/Josephs/Pearce just at the Leo spot, Baron/Bailey/West on the other side. Then C Herring and Bradley coming in as well.

The inside LB spots will be fun to watch develop especially if Mitchell leaves. Only guy that would be guaranteed a spot essentially is Beasley. Garland, Herring and Perry are up next, and that’s it. So if we don’t go to the portal for an LB, that freshman trio of Smith, Carter and Telander will definitely see time. I would imagine if the coaches aren’t confident with what they see in the spring from that group then they would probably go after someone hard in the portal in the May portal period
Hoping we don’t lose any on the DL. Don’t think I like this musical chairs in the portal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back