Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why did he play against Vandy? After SC loss, we had no chance to play in the playoffs so it was “meaningless”. Why play and get hurt in a meaningless game and ruin his draft opportunity?

I’m sorry newt - I just don’t agree - my son and all his friends argue this with me every day but to me, some things are bigger than “me”. That some thing is my team. I see it as we got this far together, let’s finish this together.

I love all he did this year and I’m happy for his successes - he!! I was voting like a crazy lady! But I’m still disappointed in his decision…I didn’t think he would opt out of this bowl. I thought he’d play so I guess that’s part of my disappointment. I don’t hate him or think he’s a horrid person, I’m just disappointed. I’ll get off my soapbox now - Go Vols! 🧡

Y’all gonna banish me to the ff now? 😳
It does not bother me all that much, but I totally get your point.

Reactions: SmokinBob
I just don't think we should be going after guys that got passed up.

VN: "Well what do you expect? We can't get starters out of the portal, hard to come by"

Well if you go look at the portal there's tons of starters from their previous stops. This kid got passed by a freshmen. I hope he is good depth. I also hope we find an actual starter at OT
A freshman All American tho...

Reactions: Volpac Sackyou
You are seeing it as a fan. If Hyatt was your son you would tell him to go get ready for the draft, as Im sure Hyatt's parents and advisors have done.

Wonder what Bryce Young's and Will Anderson's parents/advisors didn't say to them?

In all seriousness, I think most of us just want as full a roster as possible now that we finally get to play Clemson and will unfortunately be a bit handicapped/not at full strength... over the next few weeks everyone will understand the opting out of many players, but by next season it will only be that we beat them or lost to them...

I just don't think we should be going after guys that got passed up.

VN: "Well what do you expect? We can't get starters out of the portal, hard to come by"

Well if you go look at the portal there's tons of starters from their previous stops. This kid got passed by a freshmen. I hope he is good depth. I also hope we find an actual starter at OT
He got passed because he is not the size they want. He is the size we want and athletic. You have to look at the whole picture not just one detail when you decide what players you want. I get it. That makes it not exciting as a fan though.

So at middle-ish LB spots we have:
Beasley
E Herring
Garland
Kalib Perry
Arion Carter
Jalen Smith
Telander
Hannah

Yeah we need a proven portal guy for sure. I like the potential we have on the roster but it’s just that, potential. Beasley did improve and Herring shined here and there
Take out garland and Hannah. Just fodder

Reactions: swchandler1988
Wonder what Bryce Young's and Will Anderson's parents/advisors didn't say to them?

In all seriousness, I think most of us just want as full a roster as possible now that we finally get to play Clemson and will unfortunately be a bit handicapped/not at full strength... over the next few weeks everyone will understand the opting out of many players, but by next season it will only be that we beat them or lost to them...
Seriously, for Anderson and Young, I think the situation is different and that's why they are playing. Both of them are Stock Down from this time last year.

Reactions: volinbama256
Washington???

I don’t watch much of them, so maybe I just have no idea, but that one’s shocking to me.

Husky Stadium is engineered to be loud. Those big covers over the crowd are built to funnel noise onto the field.

It is also probably top 5 most beautiful stadiums in cfb. Awesome location.

Husky Stadium is engineered to be loud. Those big covers over the crowd are built to funnel noise onto the field.

It is also probably top 5 most beautiful stadiums in cfb. Awesome location.
So similar to Seattle Seahawks stadium then? I know their stadium was engineered with that in mind as well. I’ll have to watch one of their home games next year.

For some reason, Georgia fans can't get the Vols name out of they mouth. Such a little dic energy.

Just how loud does Washington get to be louder than us?

Hard for me to imagine a bad PAC 12 team having that rowdy of a crowd.

Reactions: thistime
View attachment 525195

I’m gonna be disappointed if I don't have this baller Grand Poobah chair in my home on Christmas morning. Look at it... it's... it's indescribably beautiful. It reminds me of the Fourth of July.
You'd see that bad boy in your house and react like the dad on Christmas Story when he got the leg lamp in place and plugged in.

From Sports Illustrated

1. Houston Texans: QB Will Levis, Kentucky
The most talented quarterback in the draft, Levis has elevated his supporting cast for two years at Kentucky. He has the talent and ability above the shoulders to do the same for the Texans' offense. His upside could make him one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL.

On3

11. Tennessee (91.720)
2 five-stars | 10 four-stars | 11 three-stars | 24 total recruits
Top Commit: Long Beach (Calif.) Poly quarterback Nico Iamaleava, No. 10 in On3 Consensus
Summary: Iamaleava is the centerpiece of Tennessee’s class and figures to be the program’s quarterback of the future when he arrives in Knoxville. However, he is nor the only offensive player bound to succeed in the Volunteers’ high-powered offense under head coach Josh Heupel. Four-star tight end Ethan Davis and four-star athlete Cameron Seldon are two of those prospects. Heupel has landed some talented defensive prospects, as well. They include five-star defensive lineman Daevin Hobbs, four-star EDGE Caleb Herring — the top player in Tennessee — and four-star linebacker Arion Carter, who chose Tennessee on Dec. 14.

Guys, if you are leaving town this week make sure all exposed pipes are covered and if you have fur babies bring them in. There’s a strong possibility we see wind chills in the negative teens.
It is going to be -10 here Thursday night…. Not the wind chill. High of around 2.

From Sports Illustrated

The most talented quarterback in the draft, Levis has elevated his supporting cast for two years at Kentucky. He has the talent and ability above the shoulders to do the same for the Texans' offense. His upside could make him one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL.

lol

They have a huge insurance policy that covers them.

As a lover of good defense, I will continue to lobby for getting better on that side of the ball. As much as our success as a team elated me this season, our defense left me sick. Especially at SCar.

I will say my defensive highlight of the season was the Doneiko Slaughter hit that led to an INT. We need a gif of that.

1671549356096.gif

From Sports Illustrated

As Titans fans, we pray this happens. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back