Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not artsy. I'm mathy, and a little sciency.

Can some of you who are a lot sciency explain to me how the hell this is possible?
Speculation on my part, but think of a tiki torch. There’s a giant fuel source underneath that is mostly capped off except for just enough of an opening to allow a sufficient amount of the fuel to volatilize, and sustain the fire.

Reactions: hooter vol
Yo, @volbeast33, when and where is the backyard football game? 🥶 💨 ❄️ 😆
I’m traveling to maryville Thursday night….. LFG!!!! True story though…. Does anyone remember the big snow we had in the mid-80’s where it got down to -24 degrees…..it wasn’t the day that it was that cold but a group of my friends was playing tackle football on a frozen creek…. I tackled one of my friends and three of us fell through the ice…. I have never been so frozen in all my life….. Good times!!!

My way too early projections:

LT: Crawford or Mincey (personally think if both players aren't complaining you just rotate them if need be even it worked fine this season)
LG: Addison or Karic
C: Cooper (Addison likely the backup)
RG: Spraggins
RT: Karic or ? (Grant, Perry, Davis are the tallest options on roster with good length...Umarov and Johnson incoming are also potential options)

I'd be surprised if a first year guy takes that RT spot with us having size and talent on roster already... and if Karic isn't long enough in the arms could Addison be an option?

Staff has shown already they will play the best 5 guys on the OL and move pieces if need be. Wright was at LT last season and RT this season.

So I guess ultimately I think your 5 starters are these guys (Mincey/Crawford, Addison, Cooper, Spraggins, Karic) but I'd say other than Cooper at Center and Spraggins at guard where they play could still be up in the air. I do think Karic with 3 years of S&C at Texas will be ahead of Umarov and Johnson from a conditioning standpoint.

You also have some wild cards. Masai Reddick, Mo Clipper Jr., William Parker, & Jackson Lampley (who was a top 250 national player and 4 star)

I think we have a lot of solid options on the OL and it should be good competition. I just hope we don't lose too many to the portal.
I’m looking forward to a lot of competition throughout spring/fall camp on the OL.

Parker was someone Bama tried to snatch late, I’d like to see him fighting hard to earn a starting spot.

Lampley too. Can he move to and compete for the LG spot? He’s played pretty well as a backup to Spragg, but he has the right side locked up.

Hopefully the competition helps to make everyone step up.

ac8422ec-157a-4607-9ede-a3574af062fc-jpeg.283924

What is this sh*t
Two things:
1. WTF
2. That's Under Armour

I’m looking forward to a lot of competition throughout spring/fall camp on the OL.

Parker was someone Bama tried to snatch late, I’d like to see him fighting hard to earn a starting spot.

Lampley too. Can he move to and compete for the LG spot? He’s played pretty well as a backup to Spragg, but he has the right side locked up.

Hopefully the competition helps to make everyone step up.

OL and DL are both areas where you can never have enough talent or bodies. One of the best things I heard from the OL group all season in their various interviews was that they were only interested in one award. The Joe Moore Award. So I feel like those guys aren't worried about who starts and who doesn't they just want to help each other be the best they can and when their name is called they'll be ready and cheering one another on.

What? Will Anderson is still projected as one of, if not the, top pick in the draft.
I’d take him 1. Just saying nationally he doesn’t have the buzz this year he did last year when he should have been in the Heisman conversation. He disappeared a couple times this years and part of this is because of Darnell.

Texas likes them to be 320-330…. He also doesn’t have a very big wing span….. I think he may be perfect for what we do though.
You can't just look at size when players are recruited for our system of playing fast. We tend to tire the defense with our speed and lack of substutitions. A tired big boy is much easier to manipulate than a big ole boy who is not tired.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back