Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your top five looks very much like mine. I might add that Six Feet Under had the best finale.

I never got into The Americans. Not a big spy show person.

Sopranos
The Wire
Saul
Mad Men
Succession would be my five with Breaking Bad and The Shield just outside.

Reactions: SugarCC
I've got Justified in my personal top shows list. A few others mentioned I haven't finished, but would agree that based on what I've seen so far they'd be up there as well.

GoT is an odd one where I enjoyed it but also felt like it just took a bit of a nose dive in the later seasons. I've really not been big on finishing series though...always been a movie guy more.

But lately it seems like, especially with drama shows are far ahead of most movies.

So I guess for right now the only 2 shows/series I would comfortably put in my top 5 are

Justified
Arcane (animated series on Netflix)

I've got Justified in my personal top shows list. A few others mentioned I haven't finished, but would agree that based on what I've seen so far they'd be up there as well.

GoT is an odd one where I enjoyed it but also felt like it just took a bit of a nose dive in the later seasons. I've really not been big on finishing series though...always been a movie guy more.

But lately it seems like, especially with drama shows are far ahead of most movies.

So I guess for right now the only 2 shows/series I would comfortably put in my top 5 are

Justified

No offense but your list sucks. A top 5 with 2 titles. Why bother?

Your top five looks very much like mine. I might add that Six Feet Under had the best finale.
Idk if it was the best, but it was very damn good. Apart from my other favorites, Six Feet Under holds an even deeper place in my heart for personal reasons. I'll love that show until I'm pushing daisies, no matter what.

Have you watched Yellowjackets or From? Both are great, so far, with the potential to get even better...but, the potential to get bad, too. Excited about both of those shows.

@BigSteve09 @bignewt @Cosmo Kramer @Enki_Amenra

Any of you watched Yellowjackets or From?

Idk if it was the best, but it was very damn good. Apart from my other favorites, Six Feet Under holds an even deeper place in my heart for personal reasons. I'll love that show until I'm pushing daisies, no matter what.

Have you watched Yellowjackets or From? Both are great, so far, with the potential to get even better...but, the potential to get bad, too. Excited about both of those shows.

Ive watched first season of Yellowjackets and first two episodes of new season. I really like it so far but its not particularly a game changer. I finished Beef and Swarm, both were excellent "one off" series.

no I'll check them out. right now we're watching Love And Death, it's good enough

Justified
Justified is another favorite, too...loved it. Excited/nervous about the new season that's coming. The new season of Dexter has me very nervous about reboots or picking back up years later. I hated this last of Dexter. Should have left it alone.

But, Succession is the best thing I've watched in awhile, by far.

Ive watched first season of Yellowjackets and first two episodes of new season. I really like it so far but its not particularly a game changer. I finished Beef and Swarm, both were excellent "one off" series.
My thoughts, too...no game changer, but still pretty ****** good.

Beef and Swarm are forces of nature, imo. Brilliant, both...especially Ali Wong and Dominique Fishback.

No offense but your list sucks. A top 5 with 2 titles. Why bother?

Cause I've got a whole lot of "maybe" or "haven't finished" for the other 3 spots, but the other 3 as of right now (lots of shows not watched, and lots of shows not finished) would be Breaking Bad, Mindhunter, Deadwood.

Cause I've got a whole lot of "maybe" or "haven't finished" for the other 3 spots, but the other 3 as of right now (lots of shows not watched, and lots of shows not finished) would be Breaking Bad, Mindhunter, Deadwood.
Netflix isn't doing a 3rd season of Mindhunter, which is about the biggest bummer I've heard lately. A damn shame. I guess they got to save money for all the Shonda Rhimes garbage they're producing.

Thats tough but would disagree. Deadwood is such a unique beast. No other show would dare write dialogue like that. The mix between old english and filthy slang is genius.

Yeah can see that for sure, but when I do these "list" I often find myself getting very logical. Deadwood ended too soon/abrupt so that's ultimately why the longer running Peaky Blinders would move ahead of it for me.

Arcane and Mindhunter though both are shorter than Deadwood...so perhaps one of them should get the bump instead.

All I know is it's pretty damn difficult to narrow down, lots of great series out.

HBO though is kind of amazing...they seem to always have good to great shows.

Thats tough but would disagree. Deadwood is such a unique beast. No other show would dare write dialogue like that. The mix between old english and filthy slang is genius.
And, as much as I love Peaky Blinders, idk how many more times I can watch slow-motion walks through sparks. A LOT of repetition in that show. Still great, but it has its major flaws.

Not to mention, Deadwood was just...yeah, it was just great, EVERYTHING about it.

Netflix isn't doing a 3rd season of Mindhunter, which is about the biggest bummer I've heard lately. A damn shame. I guess they got to save money for all the Shonda Rhimes garbage they're producing.

Hell HBO apparently doesn't want the 2nd season of The Outsider either...I agree though Mindhunter ending is a huge bummer. The wife and I both loved every minute of every episode.

Also I have to adjust my top 5, I keep remembering other shows...

Jusitifed
Stranger Things
Peaky Blinders
Deadwood
Mindhunter

(Arcane only outside because it's just one season so far)

Hell I could probably talk myself into Sherlock being in my top 5...it's really hard to just pick 5 of anything

Hell HBO apparently doesn't want the 2nd season of The Outsider either...I agree though Mindhunter ending is a huge bummer. The wife and I both loved every minute of every episode.

Also I have to adjust my top 5, I keep realizing the other shows...

Jusitifed
Stranger Things
Peaky Blinders
Deadwood
Mindhunter

(Arcane only outside because it's just one season so far)
Stranger Things better nail this landing. Very disappointed in the first part of last season. Besides that, I've loved it.

Reactions: UTProf
Stranger Things better nail this landing. Very disappointed in the first part of last season. Besides that, I've loved it.

Just the way it's matured with content and cast has been so well executed. I really didn't think they could do more after season 1....and they've had a few speed bumps, the setup for last season being the main one...but man they have always managed to really finish the season strong.

I just hope they don't GoT it and basically lose the entire series because they decided flashy over substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back