Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just the way it's matured with content and cast has been so well executed. I really didn't think they could do more after season 1....and they've had a few speed bumps, the setup for last season being the main one...but man they have always managed to really finish the season strong.

I just hope they don't GoT it and basically lose the entire series because they decided flashy over substance.
I feel ya on GoT, as everyone who loved it does...but, don't fret, Jon Snow is coming soon...hopefully it can right the wrongs.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Yeah can see that for sure, but when I do these "list" I often find myself getting very logical. Deadwood ended too soon/abrupt so that's ultimately why the longer running Peaky Blinders would move ahead of it for me.

Arcane and Mindhunter though both are shorter than Deadwood...so perhaps one of them should get the bump instead.

All I know is it's pretty damn difficult to narrow down, lots of great series out.

HBO though is kind of amazing...they seem to always have good to great shows.

Did you see the Deadwood movie?

I feel ya on GoT, as everyone who loved it does...but, don't fret, Jon Snow is coming soon...hopefully it can right the wrongs.

I hated the ending choices but loved the show anyway. I feel like they made mistakes that wouldn't have been made had Martin finished the series but they were the show runner's choices and they did it well even though I vehemently disagree with Bran.

I hated the ending choices but loved the show anyway. I feel like they made mistakes that wouldn't have been made had Martin finished the series but they were the show runner's choices and they did it well even though I vehemently disagree with Bran.

What ultimately dropped GoT in my personal favorite rankings was just the sloppy execution, I'm not a top level editor or anything like that. But I've done enough filmmaking that certain things for that level of cost are just not acceptable. Story became what it did like you said because of Martin's inability to finish his series. But a Starbucks coffee cup being left in a final release episode (and other similar mistakes) was just really disappointing.

Reactions: UTProf
Stranger Things better nail this landing. Very disappointed in the first part of last season. Besides that, I've loved it.
I thought the first part of last season was good. The first three seasons it seemed to take a few episodes to really get into the meat of the threat...last season it was full on from episode one!

Holy sh*t I've never seen a bigger bunch of bitter ass old man over a pick in my life..Lol yall so damn butthurt the Titans didn't pick ur love child Hooker.Look I ain't a fan of what they did,especially not addressing the wr position til the 7th but some of yall are driving ur point in the ground.
Damn go count raindrops or sand at the beach,smoke one chillax. I didnt think u could recycle the same exact point so many times over a 5 day period but here u guys are.

You've been on here for 10 years and you weren't aware of our ability to not only recycle the same point over and over, but we also recycle the same arguments. As a matter of fact, the whole Titans drafting Levi's discussion will probably come up again a minimum of 2 or 3 times before the NFL season kicks off in September. You underestimate our ability to beat the ever loving crap out of a dead horse.

What ultimately dropped GoT in my personal favorite rankings was just the sloppy execution, I'm not a top level editor or anything like that. But I've done enough filmmaking that certain things for that level of cost are just not acceptable. Story became what it did like you said because of Martin's inability to finish his series. But a Starbucks coffee cup being left in a final release episode (and other similar mistakes) was just really disappointing.
I agree, once the show runners got beyond Martin's books, the show went all to hell. But, the Starbucks cup showing up in an episode didn't bother me at all. Hell, I would have never even known it happened until the internet told and showed it to me.

I agree, once the show runners got beyond Martin's books, the show went all to hell. But, the Starbucks cup showing up in an episode didn't bother me at all. Hell, I would have never even known it happened until the internet told and showed it to me.

Yeah I think the casual fan wouldn't have noticed most of the mistakes honestly. As a film editor though it was immediate for me, even did a rewind just to show the wife lol

She didn't care and was more annoyed I wouldn't shut up about it for the rest of the night. :D

Unless something changes, I would think that Gaston Moore goes on scholarship as our 3rd QB. Unless he has a NIL deal that covers everything.
I thought that Cameron Miller had a good Spring…kinda surprised that he entered the portal.
If we have an extra scholarship when all is said and done, that's certainly a possibility, but numbers are tight, and coaches are still looking at options.

Cameron Miller was buried on the depth chart. And it's possible he wants to return to playing WR.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Yeah at least for this first semester/season I'm pretty sure Desean Bishop is a PWO and won't be on scholarship.

There's a period of time that has to pass before you can put them on scholarship too. I just don't remember if it's 1 semester or a full year.

Still think 84 with the incoming is the right numbers, but Moore instead of Bishop on scholarship.
From what I've read, Bishop is on scholarship and came in on scholarship. Gaston Moore has always been a walk-on. He's never been on scholarship at Tennessee.

You've been on here for 10 years and you weren't aware of our ability to not only recycle the same point over and over, but we also recycle the same arguments. As a matter of fact, the whole Titans drafting Levi's discussion will probably come up again a minimum of 2 or 3 times before the NFL season kicks off in September. You underestimate our ability to beat the ever loving crap out of a dead horse.

That horse should've known better than to die before we were done with it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back