Not open for further replies.
The Wire
Breaking Bad
The Leftovers
Six Feet Under
The Americans
Very nice list!

3 of your 5 are my top 5, as well.

Breaking Bad and The Wire are right up there, as well. The thing with those two shows, though: first, it's been over a decade since I've watched all of The Wire. Now, while absolutely loving it, I remember not enjoying any of the other seasons quite as much as I did season 1. I need/want to watch it again. But, one time viewing, I loved it.

Now, Breaking Bad. BB may have been TOO great. Since watching the last episode, I've had no desire to watch any of it again. That show may be the GOAT, really; but, after every episode, I seriously felt like I needed a shower...I felt nasty as hell. As I said, TOO GREAT. It truly was crystal meth, posing as a drama series. I love that show as much as anyone; but, it...idk...as I said, too good. It just left me feeling absolutely awful. One of the reasons I haven't watched Saul, yet; and, that, in itself, is crazy...because I'd watch Odenkirk in Days Of Our Lives.

I haven't watched it. I've been watching weird stuff lately. . . and almost none of its worth mentioning, 😆.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned "Oz" though. . . or "Lost". I didn't think Lost would be very good, but it turned out a lot better than expected.

I also got into Under the Dome, but it must've not been considered good, since it got cancelled. Same thing with Terra Nova. I thought it was pretty cool, but Gor cancelled.

Humans (Swedish version) was good. . . my sister made me watch "Firefly", turned out to be pretty good as well.
If you like all that sh!t, you'll LOVE both Yellowjackets and From. Right up your alley.

The first season of Lost is as good as television has ever gotten...I sometimes wonder if I loved the rest as much as I did, because I loved that 1st season so much.

But, yeah...if you like weird stuff, as I do, check out Yellowjackets and From...especially From.

It was frustrating, because you could see he was as talented as an RB in the country, but just couldn't keep him on the field.
Small and Wright have had lesser injury issues but I never got the the impression that Evans needed to be dragged off the field. He was perfectly willing to stay away.

Breaking Bad
Billions
Ozark
Yellowstone

There are more, but these are the ones that I would put in my current Top 5.

I think the tempo of this offense is an advatage that gave Wright a leg up in conditioning and mental toughness that helped him to outperform in his Bears workout. Poles raved about the
We need to flip the "negative recruitment" stories on their head.
Good point. Not sure how they can twist it where this offense hurts OL.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Love And Death is next on my list, along with White House Plumbers.
It has been good.

Oddly there is a series with Jessica Biel on a different network about the exact same thing and it came out recently too. Really strange for a 45 year old story.

Reactions: SugarCC
What ultimately dropped GoT in my personal favorite rankings was just the sloppy execution, I'm not a top level editor or anything like that. But I've done enough filmmaking that certain things for that level of cost are just not acceptable. Story became what it did like you said because of Martin's inability to finish his series. But a Starbucks coffee cup being left in a final release episode (and other similar mistakes) was just really disappointing.
The one good thing is GoT ended on the note where it should have been - by ending The Game.

I'm really curious if Succession will take the same path and say "this whole thing - the game for power - is destructive and let's blow it up at the end" OR will it feed right into it by handing off to a successor that continues the destructive ways?

I'm leaning towards the latter, but curious. It doesn't have the same ethos behind it that GoT did. Almost like comparing The Godfather vs Gomorrah. Glorification vs peeling back the facade and showing the bleak reality of power games gone mad.

Reactions: UTProf
How do you have breaking bad and Yellowstone? Yellowstone was super cliché, stereotypical TV show to me. All those others were really clever and unique.
Yellowstone is super cliche and stereotypical, but it takes it to a whole different level and it's super addicting. I thought I was going to hate it and watched it all this winter.

Reactions: jave36
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back