Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you have breaking bad and Yellowstone? Yellowstone was super cliché, stereotypical TV show to me. All those others were really clever and unique.
That's sort of where I landed with Yellowstone.

I enjoyed it, but almost like enjoying a Tay Tay song. It was just so cheesy in some ways. Tried a little too hard. But not a bad show either and writing was good enough.

I enjoyed it, but almost like enjoying a Tay Tay song. It was just so cheesy in some ways. Tried a little too hard. But not a bad show either and writing was good enough.
Never bothered with Yellowstone. Watched 1883 which was pretty good sans the chicks narration which was borderline abusive to my ears.

If you like all that sh!t, you'll LOVE both Yellowjackets and From. Right up your alley.

The first season of Lost is as good as television has ever gotten...I sometimes wonder if I loved the rest as much as I did, because I loved that 1st season so much.

But, yeah...if you like weird stuff, as I do, check out Yellowjackets and From...especially From.
I'll check it out.

Reactions: SugarCC
If you like all that sh!t, you'll LOVE both Yellowjackets and From. Right up your alley.

The first season of Lost is as good as television has ever gotten...I sometimes wonder if I loved the rest as much as I did, because I loved that 1st season so much.

But, yeah...if you like weird stuff, as I do, check out Yellowjackets and From...especially From.
Finishing the first season of FROM. I like it, but can't escape the Under The Dome feel. (And that's not a compliment.) Feels like it could go really good or really bad.

Hogan's Heroes
Dukes of Hazzard
Band of Brothers
The Office
COPS / Judge Judy - tie
Band of Brothers was so good.
Sandman
The Boys
Rick and Morty
Justice League Unlimited
Monday Night Football
SEC Game of the Week on Jefferson Pilot, whether it was football or basketball
WGN Chicago Cubs games, back in the day.

Yeah, I know, NERD and I'm cheating with the sports

Small and Wright have had lesser injury issues but I never got the the impression that Evans needed to be dragged off the field. He was perfectly willing to stay away.
It seems like he thought too highly of himself. . . like he was supposed to be handed everything. Show up and half-ass practice, then take a few carries in a game and then go to the NFL.

It's a shame, if he worked and played as hard as Small/Wright and even Sampson to this point, he would've been a star. Seems like he's taken his talent for granted.

Did he transfer from Louisville too or just quit football?

It seems like he thought too highly of himself. . . like he was supposed to be handed everything. Show up and half-ass practice, then take a few carries in a game and then go to the NFL.

It's a shame, if he worked and played as hard as Small/Wright and even Sampson to this point, he would've been a star. Seems like he's taken his talent for granted.

Undrafted free agent to the Rams

Reactions: Orange.

Didn’t finish their season. Took his talents to UDFA NFL. Signed with the Rams.

What was the show where dead people mysteriously started coming back with no explanation?

Nvm. . . The Returned or Resurrection I think.

Yellowstone was okay at first. I liked the cast and the story wasn’t terrible, but I fell off quick. Got so bored with it. I still had to watch for a while because the wife was still wanting to watch but thankfully she eventually got bored too.

Reactions: SugarCC

Good analogy. Not bad by any means, but definitely felt like a templated TV show. A good templated show, but not like breaking bad where it broke barriers.

Yellowstone is super cliche and stereotypical, but it takes it to a whole different level and it's super addicting. I thought I was going to hate it and watched it all this winter.
Catchy has its place. Like Britney Spears songs. I wouldn't call them good, but catchy and entertaining sometimes.

Reactions: VolInDayton

Lost is probably still the best network TV show ever. Granted latter seasons tapered off a little, but that was such incredible television, and on ABC on top of it?

Just watched yellow jackets preview. Whoa, that looks dark. The frequent cannibalism references in the preview have me pausing lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back