Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
My EB Adidas jersey has sewn on. Even my 1982 Adidas TN/Sullivan Central Cougar Orange walkawear has sewn on.

Nice shoes! You remember that Dickie Warren team with Steve Crowder, Dye, Foster, Minor and maybe a guy named Helms or Helton...something like that? I was a kid and really looked up to those guys. Funny I remember those names and I'm terrible with names. Jon Ueler is another name from that era I remember. Thinking it was around 82 or maybe late 70's.

Kenny is the head of the new Vol Club Captains program. We have 12 Captains placed around the state and 1 in each of GA, NC and SC(me!) who are going to work to build local communities of Vol Fans who love to support our athletes via NIL. This tweet shows how much Coach Heupel is aware of the Vol Club and it’s importance. I’ve been on this board a long time and I hope y’all trust when I say us all getting on board with the Vol Club is crucial the next 6 or so months I really mean it. We have a ton of really exciting announcements coming up the next few months that I know will get those on the fence across but hoping we can get some folks to join today!

Our big donors have been leading the way for us but they need our great fanbase to step in and be the extra catalyst to get us to the top. 92% of donated funds went to players directly in the first year with the running target being 90%. There are obviously fun membership perks as well! Would love for everyone in the recruiting forum to join the team.

Please DM me if you are already in the club and haven’t been brought into the FB group that will be communicating local gatherings (there should be email blasts as well!)

Click this link to join The Vol Club!
Join The Volunteer Club

Awesome tweet

Nice shoes! You remember that Dickie Warren team with Steve Crowder, Dye, Foster, Minor and maybe a guy named Helms or Helton...something like that? I was a kid and really looked up to those guys. Funny I remember those names and I'm terrible with names. Jon Ueler is another name from that era I remember. Thinking it was around 82 or maybe late 70's.
These are replicas of the old schools. They're Ginuine Adidas, from factory. But I'm basing this on my buddy who played there then. I played agains SCHS in baseball in late nineties. About it.

Reactions: KnoxLandcruiser
Is it wrong to be a 25+ year Green Bay Packers fan and buy a Detroit Lions travel mug?

(It feels wrong but I'm wondering what the RF thinks)

Yes it’s wrong. As a lifelong Packers fan ( since I was 8 years old in 1965) If you feel that way don’t do it. Traitorous. You can hope he does well without sporting sky blue. Or just jump and go all in.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM

Damn. That brought a flashback to junior high. I was the dude in the glasses. I had turned my cheek so many times. The bullies didn’t care that I didn’t respond.
Dude slapped me in the locker room after gym class. The next thing I know, the football coach is dragging me into his office. I was repeatedly slamming the bullies face into the lockers. His face looked pretty bad.
I thought that I was getting suspended. The coach offered me licks or suspension. He had a paddle with holes in it.
I took the paddle option. Then the coach did something unexpected. He pulled a phone book out of his desk. He then asked if I can scream every time he hit the phonebook with his paddle. I was very confused, but said yes, sir absolutely. He said you have to make it believable or I will send you to the principals office to be suspended. He was a great motivator. He hit the book 7 times. He paused between each one. I screamed on cue each time. he said loudly that’s enough. I think he learned your lesson. Then quietly, he said I’ve been waiting for that bully to get his for a while. I watched you bang his head against the locker three times before I stopped you. I don’t think you would have stopped at all. And then he gave me this big grin. He then quietly walked to the door. Half of the guys in my gym class were standing close to the door listening. The coach loudly proclaimed that I should be a lesson for all the guys that there is no fighting in his gym or his locker room. I walked out holding my ass. And walked slowly like he had just beat the hell out of me. I had actual tears in my eyes (tears of relief, joy, and happiness, because my mom would’ve killed me if I had gotten suspended for fighting). That ended me getting bullied for the rest of my junior high experience. 😎
Those were definitely different times than now. Now I would’ve probably gone to jail and had a civil suit from the bully’s family.

Oh, I wasn't saying it should be removed. It's kind of like Archie Bunker and Blazing Saddles. A comparison of our culture and a comment on what could be produced then vs now.

Blazing Saddles, produced by Jewish Mel Brook, with Richard Pryor writing. It would still end careers and shutter a studio today.
shiii Hollywood would **** a brick solely about the Dom Deluise scene at the end. I was under the impression that Pryor and Brooks both co-created the entire thing

That entire grneration of actors, Pryror, Wilder, Korman, Pickens - so iconic.

Saw an article that, barring a significant u-turn in his performances from last year, the Lions are looking to commit to Jared Goff for the next 4-5 years with a new contract. Hopefully Hooker throws a big wrench in that plan.
Doubt they're paying HenHook $6 per to sit.

Damn. That brought a flashback to junior high. I was the dude in the glasses. I had turned my cheek so many times. The bullies didn’t care that I didn’t respond.
Dude slapped me in the locker room after gym class. The next thing I know, the football coach is dragging me into his office. I was repeatedly slamming the bullies face into the lockers. His face looked pretty bad.
I thought that I was getting suspended. The coach offered me licks or suspension. He had a paddle with holes in it.
I took the paddle option. Then the coach did something unexpected. He pulled a phone book out of his desk. He then asked if I can scream every time he hit the phonebook with his paddle. I was very confused, but said yes, sir absolutely. He said you have to make it believable or I will send you to the principals office to be suspended. He was a great motivator. He hit the book 7 times. He paused between each one. I screamed on cue each time. he said loudly that’s enough. I think he learned your lesson. Then quietly, he said I’ve been waiting for that bully to get his for a while. I watched you bang his head against the locker three times before I stopped you. I don’t think you would have stopped at all. And then he gave me this big grin. He then quietly walked to the door. Half of the guys in my gym class were standing close to the door listening. The coach loudly proclaimed that I should be a lesson for all the guys that there is no fighting in his gym or his locker room. I walked out holding my ass. And walked slowly like he had just beat the hell out of me. I had actual tears in my eyes (tears of relief, joy, and happiness, because my mom would’ve killed me if I had gotten suspended for fighting). That ended me getting bullied for the rest of my junior high experience. 😎
Those were definitely different times than now. Now I would’ve probably gone to jail and had a civil suit from the bully’s family.
Good for you! I can relate, because I've always been the smallest guy around. Heck, I'm 5'6", and about 160lbs right now at 47🤣. My freshman year I had a guy picking at me in the lunch room. We fought all the time in the hollar where I grew up in Kentucky (didn't have anything else to do 🤣), but I was kinda intimidated it being high school. There was a small crowd gathering, because he was pushing me some, and being loud saying stuff. I remember thinking if I just took it, that's who'd I'd be all during high school. I also remember a teacher being fairly close and thankful, because he was a good bit bigger. He kinda stepped up towards my face, and I just unloaded. It didn't last long because of the teacher, but I was way faster 🤣. I probably hit him 20 times, and he got me maybe twice. That guy never talked to me again.

I listened to a comedian one time…. He asked…. Why do women dress sexier going to the gym than when they go to bed at night with their husband/partner? It is a very true statement.
Gyms and jogging trails are "single bars without alcohol" according to my girl friend in the '80s, who I met at a Houston park wearing her new jogging outfit. 😃

I
We watched the first season of Yellowjackets and enjoyed it. Started the second season and haven’t been able to get through the first episode. Does it get better?
The first few episodes are slow, but this next one should be when the baby's born so that should ramp it back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back