Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ninety or nine talk about the 'burg and catch these hands! :mad:

“Today on MoCo’s Wide World of Literature, we pay a visit to American author Cormac McCarthy, with whom I have score to settle over his characterization of Wartburg, Tennessee.

And don’t miss next week, when I give Thomas Pynchon my fist-to-face review of his seminal work, Gravity’s Rainbow.”

“Today on MoCo’s Wide World of Literature, we pay a visit to American author Cormac McCarthy, with whom I have score to settle over his characterization of Wartburg, Tennessee.

And don’t miss next week, when I give Thomas Pynchon my fist-to-face review of his seminal work, Gravity’s Rainbow.”

Doing the lord's work with my fist on the face review process.

Reactions: Jimmy Football

Cormac and Pynchon are greats but giving this a like for comedy 👍

From Cormac McCarthy's recent novel "The Passenger." Pretty cool sitting back reading at night and seeing this:

View attachment 549741
Read it twice this winter, dodging LV drama. Pay attention to dates in the opening lines of new sections. The recollections of the past are not in order (as they are not in life), so it helps putting both books together.

Reactions: bignewt
Yes it’s wrong. As a lifelong Packers fan ( since I was 8 years old in 1965) If you feel that way don’t do it. Traitorous. You can hope he does well without sporting sky blue. Or just jump and go all in.
I agree!

Thank you for talking me back into my senses.

GO
PACK
GO

Air Wolf
Miami Vice
MacGyver
I loved Airwolf.

I liked the opening of Miami Vice but not the show itself.

I wasn't big on MacGyver or Walker Texas Ranger.

Knight Rider has held up surprisingly well too. Moonlighting was good too.

I've tried to watch some of the old Incredible Hulk and Wonder Woman episodes and I don't enjoy them like I used to.

Reactions: joevol33
Saw an article that, barring a significant u-turn in his performances from last year, the Lions are looking to commit to Jared Goff for the next 4-5 years with a new contract. Hopefully Hooker throws a big wrench in that plan.
Really, if they are smart, they are betting on both guys. It's a better way to manage a team. So their comment seems normal to me.

The Road is one of his weakest. Blood Meridian, Suttree, the Border Trilogy are all phenomenal works.

Oh yeah his ONLY novel to win a Pulitzer Prize is the weakest...Oddly enough, you too can catch all five knuckles for a review if ya want!

I actually have Blood Meridian & The Border Trilogy in the "to read" queue, but just haven't made time to start them.

Last edited:
I loved Airwolf.

I liked the opening of Miami Vice but not the show itself.

I wasn't big on MacGyver or Walker Texas Ranger.

Knight Rider has held up surprisingly well too. Moonlighting was good too.

I've tried to watch some of the old Incredible Hulk and Wonder Woman episodes and I don't enjoy them like I used to.
Y'all talking about these great 80's shows and not including the greatest of them all?!?! Gimme a break!

No, really, that's the show I'm talking about. Nell Carter with some award-winning acting in that show.

In all seriousness, though, I get a lot more nostalgic hearing the opening themes from those shows. MASH, Diff'rent Strokes, Good Times, The Jeffersons, Sanford and Son, Cheers, All in the Family, Benny Hill, One Day at a Time, Happy Days...just hearing those opening songs will hit you right in your feels.

Ninety or nine talk about the 'burg and catch these hands! :mad:
😂 Really, the line Newt quoted was spoken by one of his friends to another of his friends (both of whom think the guy hung the moon) in a bar in New Orleans, where the Tennessee native has moved. They are just clowning, about the Wartburg part, at any rate. For all intense and purpoises he and his sister are from the Manhattan project.

Reactions: bignewt
😂 Really, the line Newt quoted was spoken by one of his friends to another of his friends (both of whom think the guy hung the moon) in a bar in New Orleans, where Tennessee has moved. They are just clowning, about the Wartburg part, at any rate. For all intense and purpoises he and his sister are from the Manhattan project.

I don't care whose tents or purses they are for and I've seen the Manhattan in Oak Ridge, hardly a true project IMO. But I digest.

Reactions: Orange.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back