Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep waiting for Davis to be added to the official page. Wasn't he supposed to have signed like 30 minutes ago?

FSU has done a great job in the transfer portal getting talented top notch guys that immediately make a big impact. It’s helped their rebuild quickly

Reactions: peaygolf
Only thing I can figure from what is NOT shown, is he was class of 2016 and redshirted that year, served his Mormon mission in 2017 and 2018. That would negate the redshirt in 2021 and leave him one season. He would have the right to petition for an additional year because of the injury shortened 2021, but considering his age that's unlikely.

I remember when Jalen Hurd injured his labrum the first game of his senior year. He could have still played, but elected to go ahead and have the surgery and get ready for his career at UT. Most of VN applauded him, saying there was nothing else for him to prove in high school and his college career was what was important now. I'm a Vol fan, but my son was on that team and they would almost certainly have won another state title if Hurd had played. I understood and respected his decision though. Might we have won our bowl game last season if Alontae Taylor had played? Most likely yes. Did he make the right decision for his NFL career and make himself more money by skipping the bowl and training for the combine? He most certainly did, and I understood and respected his decision. Now Jalin Hyatt has more on the line than either of those guys. We're talking about the difference in millions. He finished the regular season and has made the decision to enter the draft. He opted out of the bowl because that gives him the best chance to be drafted as high as possible. There's nothing left for him to prove in this bowl game. I understand and respect his decision. As a father, not as fan, I probably would have advised my son to do the same.
What is the point of anything the team did this year if it's just about the individual? Is that what he played for all year, just to make more money for himself?

Here we are going to the biggest game we have been to in 20 years...and our best player quit on his team just for himself.

I don't get this crap....never have and never will. Is that what it is all about now...just self?

I guess leading us to a victory over Bama isn't enough, I guess having the best year receiving in Tennessee history isn't enough, I guess winning the Biletnikoff isn't enough. Come on Jalin care about my feelings. Relax McGill, if his balls were any bigger he'd need a wheel barrow.
Nope...quit on his team. Do you think HH would be sitting out?

There are a lot of variables that we just don't know about, for us to boil it down to any single one thing.

I'd like to know if the Alabama collective designs their contracts in such a way that you can't opt out of the bowl game.

Your comment is operating under the pretense that the poster you quoted is correct - Bama stars are playing in their bowl because they're getting more money to do so. If that's true, then you would think that it's important to Saban for them to play, so he's leaning on their NIL to make it worth his players' while.

I'd imagine that Heupel handles his relationships with his players differently than Saban does, and he's fine with them getting ready to go pro and opting out. Heupel isn't Saban and vice versa, and that's ok. Knowing what we know about Heupel, I think he'd rather see his guys remain healthy and get into the league than play a bowl game for him. I'm sure if it were really that important to Heupel that we could lean on our collective to pay for play our guys too for one bowl game. I just think that Heupel is focused on a bigger picture.

Admittedly, this is just as much speculation on my end.

If Bryce tore his knee up late in the season like Hooker did, and couldn't suit up, I wonder how many Bama players would opt out. Hooker being out really took the wind out of our sails for the postseason.
If this game means nothing...then what the 🤬 are we playing it for?...is it just a f'n exhibition? If that is all it is, then why the f should I even watch or care about it if the coach and team don't care about it?

I don't get this 🦬💩

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back